5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not today, but on Saturday. Again, when I get busy I post late.

Rolled over 10K on my July 4th trip and been busy since. Truck had been sitting at home so no big deal. I do my oil change every 5k miles, so I do have cushion anyways lol. I was supposed to order my Fumoto valve the week I came back from the trip but I completely forgot to click "ORDER NOW" so it was sitting in the cart until I started to wonder why I never got the confirmation.

Anyways, drained oil and installed Fumoto Valve. Then remove filter. I used a cardboard to guide oil down and that worked perfectly last time, but this time I wasn't so lucky. Installed new filter, then shot a whole can of brake cleaner to clean the spills.
I then lowered the truck down to the ground, and proceeded to remove the catch can to check level and dump. I forgot I had residual oil from the filter on my glove, so catch can slipped and spilled everywhere inside the engine bay. Cussed loudly and punched air for this stupid mistake before I put the cat can back in and shoot another can of brake cleaner trying to clean the oil stain.

Refill with 7 QT of 0-40 and called it a day. Hose down the engine bay and the frame the next day to get rid of the oil. I'll deal with the rest of it next time I wash my truck.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Refill with 7 QT of 0-40 and called it a day.

Ooohhh, you gonna get it now

donald-sutherland-pod.gif

greta-how-dare-you.gif

hockeyboy

Reaction score
Last night I drove 75 miles, rented a car trailer, drove another 20 miles to find my son. He was broken down just off the interstate. Loaded his car, then found a hotel to spend the night. Got up this morning and drove him to his destination another 100 miles further away. Towed the car all the way home, unloaded it then back the 75 miles to drop off the trailer. In hindsight, I probably should have found a trailer closer to home, but I was rushing, and there aren't many rental places in our neck of the woods. I'm sick of driving.

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Last night I drove 75 miles, rented a car trailer, drove another 20 miles to find my son. He was broken down just off the interstate. Loaded his car, then found a hotel to spend the night. Got up this morning and drove him to his destination another 100 miles further away. Towed the car all the way home, unloaded it then back the 75 miles to drop off the trailer. In hindsight, I probably should have found a trailer closer to home, but I was rushing, and there aren't many rental places in our neck of the woods. I'm sick of driving.
Too bad you didn't have a Comma3 installed to do the driving for you. Your truck would need Adaptive Cruse and Lane Keep Assist installed.
I have over 15K miles with the Comma3 driving my '21 Laramie.

Malodave

hockeyboy

Reaction score
Too bad you didn't have a Comma3 installed to do the driving for you. Your truck would need Adaptive Cruse and Lane Keep Assist installed.
I have over 15K miles with the Comma3 driving my '21 Laramie.

Malodave
That would have been nice, but I'm afraid I don’t have adaptive cruise or lane keep assist. Most of the driving was on back roads though, he was only one stop from his intended exit off the highway.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not today, but on Saturday. Again, when I get busy I post late.

Rolled over 10K on my July 4th trip and been busy since. Truck had been sitting at home so no big deal. I do my oil change every 5k miles, so I do have cushion anyways lol. I was supposed to order my Fumoto valve the week I came back from the trip but I completely forgot to click "ORDER NOW" so it was sitting in the cart until I started to wonder why I never got the confirmation.

Anyways, drained oil and installed Fumoto Valve. Then remove filter. I used a cardboard to guide oil down and that worked perfectly last time, but this time I wasn't so lucky. Installed new filter, then shot a whole can of brake cleaner to clean the spills.
I then lowered the truck down to the ground, and proceeded to remove the catch can to check level and dump. I forgot I had residual oil from the filter on my glove, so catch can slipped and spilled everywhere inside the engine bay. Cussed loudly and punched air for this stupid mistake before I put the cat can back in and shoot another can of brake cleaner trying to clean the oil stain.

Refill with 7 QT of 0-40 and called it a day. Hose down the engine bay and the frame the next day to get rid of the oil. I'll deal with the rest of it next time I wash my truck.
LMFAO That sounds exactly how my day would go! I look up to see if there’s a cloud of locusts about to land. LOL
I could write a book of calamities that have befelled me. I’ve learned to laugh at myself.
That is…after inventing several new swear words while it’s happening!
I usually start off with….. “Are you F‘n kidding me”?

Last edited:

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Picked my truck up from my tuner shop and then dropped it off at the dealer to see if they can figure out what is causing my No Bus issues…

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
LMFAO That sounds exactly how my day would go! I look up to see if there’s a cloud of locusts about to land. LOL
I could write a book of calamities that have befelled me. I’ve learned to laugh at myself.
That is…after inventing several new swear words while it’s happening!
I usually start off with….. “Are you F‘n kidding me”?
i usually start with "are you fking serious now?" "i don't fking need this" then "f it. i'll deal with it later" and of course later means day after, week after, or an eternity later because i completely forget about it

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
made and attempt to install "Undercarriage lights" 😆 .it came out good(IMHO).i forgot about this video.its kind of "out of order"😆.it was the first"Mod"of that year.🥳😆

seansmd

Reaction score
i usually start with "are you fking serious now?" "i don't fking need this" then "f it. i'll deal with it later" and of course later means day after, week after, or an eternity later because i completely forget about it
Same, attempt to install bedstep, broke the connector you need to get out of the way. Took a moment to destroy a bench in my garage vs a hammer through the truck. Then put it all back and having it done. Much more relaxing.

Users who are viewing this thread