5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
don't forget the gourmet coffee too lol
I’m missing the air tanks and skottle, but I will confess, when we go overlanding/glamping, I bring a hand crank coffee grinder and a Flair manual espresso machine. But that’s for the wife! Caffeinated wife, happy life (or something like that).

I think that makes me a Bougielander.

Av1

Reaction score
I reattached a wheel insert that came off.

It was originally adhered with black silicone and two dabs of adhesive as the photo shows.

Loctite PL construction adhesive is what I used to secure it back on.

It's probably not be the optimum adhesive for that purpose, but I think it will alright.

Insert1.jpg
Insert2.jpg

Insert3.jpg

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m missing the air tanks and skottle, but I will confess, when we go overlanding/glamping, I bring a hand crank coffee grinder and a Flair manual espresso machine. But that’s for the wife! Caffeinated wife, happy life (or something like that).

I think that makes me a Bougielander.
nah you don't need skottle or air tanks. Those have replacements (air pump and a good ol' cast iron) but you can't replace hand crank coffee grinder!

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
nah you don't need skottle or air tanks. Those have replacements (air pump and a good ol' cast iron) but you can't replace hand crank coffee grinder!
Those, I do have. We use a two burner stove, a 5lb propane tank, and a cast iron pan.

For air, we have a Viair compressor. This is not only helpful for airing backing up, but also to re-pressurize our 8-gallon water tank.

That water tank is great. We refilled it twice on a two week trip, and it’s more than enough for a weekend trip. Though the brand is Off-road Solar Shower, we haven’t actually used it for showering. (My motto is, you’re supposed to stink when camping; my wife disagrees for some crazy reason. On that two week trip, we showered once in Yellowstone and once at a pool in Ouray, CO).

Anyway, I’ve rigged things up so my home-built battery box (more overland cred!) hooks up to the rack-mounted box you see here. Then, I hook up the compressor via an Anderson plug to the box, and I can inflate my tires or pressurize the water tank from them.

Then, said battery recharges from 350W of solar on the rooftop tent. I’m pretty proud of my setup.

IMG_0318.jpeg

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Those, I do have. We use a two burner stove, a 5lb propane tank, and a cast iron pan.

For air, we have a Viair compressor. This is not only helpful for airing backing up, but also to re-pressurize our 8-gallon water tank.

That water tank is great. We refilled it twice on a two week trip, and it’s more than enough for a weekend trip. Though the brand is Off-road Solar Shower, we haven’t actually used it for showering. (My motto is, you’re supposed to stink when camping; my wife disagrees for some crazy reason. On that two week trip, we showered once in Yellowstone and once at a pool in Ouray, CO).

Anyway, I’ve rigged things up so my home-built battery box (more overland cred!) hooks up to the rack-mounted box you see here. Then, I hook up the compressor via an Anderson plug to the box, and I can inflate my tires or pressurize the water tank from them.

Then, said battery recharges from 350W of solar on the rooftop tent. I’m pretty proud of my setup.

View attachment 163109
oh yes! i remember your builds!
And I love your setup. I need to figure out the water situation for myself though.

Insanity

Reaction score
At 1 today I dropped my ram off to have the hydraulic etorque belt tensioner and belt replaced under warranty. Then one of the salesman took me home as it was a job their master mechanic had never done and he didn't know how long it would take. That is also after a timing job on another ram he was finishing up with. Not sure but it also looks like a brand new water pump belt also? They just dropped it off at my house. That is great customer service if you ask me.

Wise CDJR service department in Upper Sandusky OH has been excellent so far.

Scion

Reaction score
At 1 today I dropped my ram off to have the hydraulic etorque belt tensioner and belt replaced under warranty. Then one of the salesman took me home as it was a job their master mechanic had never done and he didn't know how long it would take. That is also after a timing job on another ram he was finishing up with. Not sure but it also looks like a brand new water pump belt also? They just dropped it off at my house. That is great customer service if you ask me.

Wise CDJR service department in Upper Sandusky OH has been excellent so far.

Wait, WHAT??? Reading all the baseless warnings on here, I can't believe they didn't void your warranty and set your truck on fire for daring to install crazy mods like a catch can and quick drain valve. It just isn't possible!!

In all seriousness, it's nice to hear a good dealer service experience once in a while. It really is hard to trust most dealerships.

tuckdaddy

Reaction score
Had some 285/50/22LT Nitto Recon Grapplers installed today. Stock '21 limited ecodiesel with air suspension and no rubbing whatsoever in normal mode. Much quieter than the 325/45/22XL Nitto Ridge Grapplers that came off and not much stiffer if at all going from the XL to LT tire.

_TH_2300.jpg _TH_2341-HDR.jpg _TH_2391-HDR.jpg _TH_2452-HDR.jpg _TH_2373-HDR.jpg

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Dang, when I used to do the Rubicon in my '82 Scrambler, it was a two day weekend 4wheeling trip. This was back in the early '90's. I did my cooking on a old Coleman 2 burner stove and a mini Webber gas grill. I'm trying to adjust to wheeling being called overlanding.
Geez, we just used to call it "camping". I remember one deer season we spent two nights sleeping in the bed of the only truck with a cap (mine) because it was too damn cold and windy for the tents.

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Talked to Core 4x4 and told em I just wanted to send back the links with the Johnny-joints. ultimately I’m not really setup to be pulling those apart and putting them back together, w/o a ton of effort and alotta macguyvering since I don’t have the right tools for that. And I def don’t want to put anymore work into a part like this for the payoff. (Including what I’ve already done) But of course, They were very cool about it, and took em back but talked me into trying the ones with the bushings instead of a str8 up return - which I agreed to. And they should get here this weekend or early next wk. so we’ll see how that goes.

Users who are viewing this thread