5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Davidbt

Reaction score
Dang, when I used to do the Rubicon in my '82 Scrambler, it was a two day weekend 4wheeling trip. This was back in the early '90's. I did my cooking on a old Coleman 2 burner stove and a mini Webber gas grill. I'm trying to adjust to wheeling being called overlanding.

H2OMAN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Dang, when I used to do the Rubicon in my '82 Scrambler, it was a two day weekend 4wheeling trip. This was back in the early '90's. I did my cooking on a old Coleman 2 burner stove and a mini Webber gas grill. I'm trying to adjust to wheeling being called overlanding.
Yep. Now you gotta have:
Fridge, shower, kitchen, prta potty, sink with running water, rooftop tent, awning,, and pretty much an off road trailer to haul it all. It's been absurd for a while.

Davidbt

Reaction score
Well, fortunately I have a '05 TJR to go 4wheeling and weekend camping like I used to now that I've retired down here in South East Arizona. Of course weekend doesn't mean much to me anymore, since I'm retired I can go any time. The wife is not into it, but it will give me the me time I need when I get everything set back up again to get out there.

barrak

Reaction score
Yep. Now you gotta have:
Fridge, shower, kitchen, prta potty, sink with running water, rooftop tent, awning,, and pretty much an off road trailer to haul it all. It's been absurd for a while.
Funny, I don't recall any of that when my dad used to pack a family of seven with all provisions for a two-week desert excursion (late seventies in Arabia) in his army surplus 1966 Landcruiser.

Users who are viewing this thread