5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
And to that end, since I’ll have to become one of these people who owns a grease gun again, any recommendations of manual vs the electric ones? I was lookin at the ridged one since I have a bunch of those 18v tools already. Last time I had one (for atvs) was before these electric ones were really available, and it wasn’t great.

I don’t see the purpose of going with an electric grease gun with as little as it takes to grease the upper control arms/ endlinks. If it was a huge amount I could understand 3-4 squirts nope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don’t see the purpose of going with an electric grease gun with as little as it takes to grease the upper control arms/ endlinks. If it was a huge amount I could understand 3-4 squirts nope.

What’s a grease gun?

LOL
I don’t like anything that involves crawling around on the ground.
Dealer does my stuff.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Technically doesn’t require crawling around lol most can be down by kneeling. Not something I would bother paying a dealer to do.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I wouldn’t own a grease gun for 4 squirts. LOL
If you have suspension parts that require greasing, why would you not own one? Especially aftermarket parts the dealer isn't going to touch.

I've gone through an entire tube of grease this year already. I have a 1966 D100 that requires grease on almost every pivot point in suspension. Repacked the bearings on it, and my son's 1998 Silverado, that also has several greasable joints in suspension

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Seen so many posts of guys with garage’s full of new parts ready to go on their ordered truck that didn’t even have a delivery date yet. We’re a different breed no doubt.😆

I have an attic above my garage full of stock parts with less than 100 miles on them.😑
guilty as charged lol

i ordered all parts a month after I ordered the truck with no ETA no scheduled build date. I only did it because I had planned to drive through Dalton Highway in Alaska this year and I needed the truck to be 100% ready for it, and being in the industry I have knew how long it takes for things to get delivered lol.
Basically I was going through SEMA crunch without going to SEMA lol

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had to read back to figure out you guys are greasing aftermarket parts. Thought I was missing some grease points all these years.😲
i believe there are grease points on the driveshaft but I may be wrong. I haven't paid any attention to the driveshaft yet lol

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
is this becoming a sunglasses thread?
Back on track......
backing on track...
sat in my hydro blue today watching the new videos for Ceramic Gray Rebel and TRX and kicking myself in the back end for not waiting...

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Had the tailgate and software update recalls done today.

Also intended to have a finicky seatbelt latch replaced but they had to order it in. One more dealership trip coming up I guess. 🤦‍♂️

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
i believe there are grease points on the driveshaft but I may be wrong. I haven't paid any attention to the driveshaft yet lol
Pretty much all bearings on new vehicles are sealed and not serviceable. If you ever replace the joints, I would put greasable ones in though

FLiPMaRC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
And to that end, since I’ll have to become one of these people who owns a grease gun again, 🤣 any recommendations of manual vs the electric ones? I was lookin at the ridged one since I have a bunch of those 18v tools already. Last time I had one (for atvs) was before these electric ones were really available, and it wasn’t great.
If you can wait for a sale, I've seen these for around $60

ALT_F13

Reaction score
After getting passenger exhaust manifold replaced under warranty (tick is gone!), I've decided to pull the trigger on Mopar power running boards. Local dealer that did warranty repairs had one in stock, plus price was better then online ($1,500). It took me few hours to install it and activate using AlfaOBD. I like the look of it and my 2.y.o. daugher can climb inside the truck on her own now. Uconnect integration was a killer feature for me to pick them over AMP Research ones.

Attachments

• photo_2023-05-11_12-08-28.jpg
    photo_2023-05-11_12-08-28.jpg
    202.4 KB · Views: 66
  • photo_2023-05-11_12-09-02.jpg
    photo_2023-05-11_12-09-02.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 65

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you have suspension parts that require greasing, why would you not own one? Especially aftermarket parts the dealer isn't going to touch.

I've gone through an entire tube of grease this year already. I have a 1966 D100 that requires grease on almost every pivot point in suspension. Repacked the bearings on it, and my son's 1998 Silverado, that also has several greasable joints in suspension
nice reminder, I keep forgetting to get one for my dad's cherokee - any cheap one will do for jba uca's - any recommendations

Users who are viewing this thread