5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Lol, I had one and I know what you mean I hate the way it faces in the OBD port. If you try Sport mode it’s pretty wild and Track mode is just ridiculous.
I gotta get used to City before I can even attempt sport... 😄

TheLegend

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I gotta get used to City before I can even attempt sport... 😄
You won’t want to use it in Sport mode you’ll be like when in the world would I need to use this plus the fuel consumption in Sport mode 🤢??? City is the sweet spot for what we drive. But do try it it’s fun but not practical. Lol

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I know when I used to travel a lot for my job, it would be fairly common for me to be much more than 5 over the speed limit. After 4-6 straight hours of driving 2 and four lane highways with next to no traffic, suddenly there would be a patrol car with radar.... not a very judicious use of taxpayer money, so if they pulled you over you were getting a ticket.
That really didn't answer his question. In that instance, even with a radar detector, you were getting caught. And if the officer caught you speeding and issued a ticket, then he was doing his job and the taxpayer money was used properly.
I guess if you’re going to hold me to an exact response, the answer to “why” would be “because”. And since I can’t tell you what they were using as radar, a detector may or may not have saved a ticket. Additionally, you would be hard-pressed to convince me that sitting out in the middle of nowhere for an undetermined amount of time to write a couple of tickets here and there, is truly earning their paycheck.

Just to be clear, I am not anti-cop. I have a son and a daughter-in-law who are both officers. But if you want to tell me that there are absolutely no crimes being committed anywhere, and the best use of a cop’s time is spent on the highway writing tickets for 10 miles an hour over the speed limit, I call BS.

TheLegend

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Went to camp
View attachment 156335 drove on beach
View attachment 156334
had clam chowder for breakfast
View attachment 156338
smoke a cigar
View attachment 156339
Installed wireless charger while at camp (my new thing: trail/ camp installs)
View attachment 156336
16.1 MPG for the trip, not bad.
View attachment 156337
Man that sounds like a real good time like the setup as well man. Also, that’s the same wireless charger I just put in as well love mine does a great job of charging.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Man that sounds like a real good time like the setup as well man. Also, that’s the same wireless charger I just put in as well love mine does a great job of charging.
it was a good time! Too bad (or not, in my case, since i was planning to stay away from the dunes due to PTSD from last time) the dune's closed for some reason.

and i think i was going to see how yours were but I figured "why not" for $20 lol

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There is. I have a Laramie and want to switch mine out for a limited. I’ll trade you straight up if you’re interested.

It’s a bit extensive work to swap - doable, but not simple. Plus I’m probably trading mine in soon. Thanks for the offer though!

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Also installed a Victron DC-DC smart charger to charge my EcoFlow Delta 2. This is identical to traditional dual battery setup, but the only difference is I'm using a smart power station that I can put in the bed when I need it to power things like my EcoFlow Wave AC in summers and diesel heater in winters, while being able to put it inside the cab and not worry about exposure to harsh elements.

To declutter this thread, please refer to my build thread for detailed thoughts and process.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I guess if you’re going to hold me to an exact response, the answer to “why” would be “because”. And since I can’t tell you what they were using as radar, a detector may or may not have saved a ticket. Additionally, you would be hard-pressed to convince me that sitting out in the middle of nowhere for an undetermined amount of time to write a couple of tickets here and there, is truly earning their paycheck.

Just to be clear, I am not anti-cop. I have a son and a daughter-in-law who are both officers. But if you want to tell me that there are absolutely no crimes being committed anywhere, and the best use of a cop’s time is spent on the highway writing tickets for 10 miles an hour over the speed limit, I call BS.
Highway Patrol, is Highway Patrol. That's their primary duty. Hence the name. An officer assigned to patrol a specific section of the road isn't taking resources away from other places. And they can't predict when or where crime will happen. A lot of drug busts happen from someone being pulled over for a minor offense. Had the officer not been "writing tickets for 10 over," then they wouldn't catch drug traffickers transporting illegal drugs

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
In the city, I don’t speed. On the highway, a different story especially on a long trip. I am a conscientious driver though.(that goes over the posted speed LOL)
Just my way. And I understand that may not be for you.
As for windshield clutter, I don’t have any. I don’t like an obstructed view. Even with both a radar detector and a dash cam. The radar detector sits low close to the dash and just above my windshield wipers and my dashcam sits high and behind my rear view mirror. Both hardwired without a bunch of exposed cabling.

View attachment 156306
View attachment 156307
Some people just like gadgets.

TheLegend

Ram Guru
Reaction score
it was a good time! Too bad (or not, in my case, since i was planning to stay away from the dunes due to PTSD from last time) the dune's closed for some reason.

and i think i was going to see how yours were but I figured "why not" for $20 lol
Right? That was my thing it’s $20 if I don’t like it in the truck I can use it at work or wherever really. But it turned out nicely for me.

Dschmid37

Reaction score
Got her all cleaned up today and sprayed it with the Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Spray Coating. Nice product, very easy to apply even in sunlight. Screenshot_20230410_195205_Gallery.jpg

Attachments

• 20230408_151738.jpg
    20230408_151738.jpg
    271.3 KB · Views: 48
  • 20230408_144543.jpg
    20230408_144543.jpg
    213.9 KB · Views: 50
  • 20230408_151707.jpg
    20230408_151707.jpg
    292.9 KB · Views: 50

mk2019ORP

Reaction score
It’s a bit extensive work to swap - doable, but not simple. Plus I’m probably trading mine in soon. Thanks for the offer though!
The tray/cup holder itself is actually pretty easy to swap, takes like ten minutes. The whole console on the other hand…
Totally get trading in your truck though. Let me know if you change your mind 👍🏼

familywagon

Reaction score
I picked up a 3D printed aux switch mount on Etsy last month and the quality was so good that I hit up the seller with another idea I had. I asked him to make a console insert with cup holders similar to how the Ford trucks have 4 cupholders up front, and he knocked it out of the park! He’s selling the removable inserts now on his page and has a 10% off coupon SAVE10NOW that works on all his products. This is not an affiliate link and I don’t get any compensation for sales, so please don’t take down the post moderators - I’m simply showcasing a cool product and showing them a discount code. View attachment 156279 View attachment 156280
Awesome. Just ordered mine.

TheLegend

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm pretty fond of my Uniden R7 and don't feel compelled to upgrade to the R8.
I get that the R7 is BA for sure I just love that I can connect to Highway Radar using BT on my R8 with its latest firmware update and it’s Laser TP settings 3 in the front and 3 in the back. It’s an amazing app though that’s free you can make custom rules to block out frequent false alerts like BSM’s and K Band’s. Also, they have built up a database of most speed and light camera locations across the US & Canada. Lastly, you can push settings from the R8 to the App or vice versa it’s pretty useful and cool (I like my gadgets). R7 is still a top dog though for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread