5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I know man, it’s a shame. I test drove the new Tundra but bought another Ram. Just couldn’t compare.
i work on these toyotas and if i didn't go with Ram i'd gotten a Tundra with the 5.7 if it was available.

well too bad BUT i am happy with my Ram.

crusher

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i finally got my sport hood emblems change from chrome/blue to black/blue (well it was yesterday, not today, but forgot to take a picture, so took a pic today)

really happy, the only thing left to change to have the complet night edition package (without the front being all black) would be the headlights but there is not a big difference between the 2 so, still no sure if ill do it

20230329_112751.jpg 20230329_112735.jpg

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
No. There are two variants of the Hurricane engine. The SO (standard output) is 420 hp. The HO (high output) gets 510.

Or are you asking if they only put the SO in the 4x2, and only put the HO in the 4x4?
That is what I was asking. In the part of the chart for the lower hp, it says 2wd, and in the part that says the higher hp, it says 4wd. According to what is posted, it looks like they may only come that way. There may be other charts though, is why I asked.

6of36

Reaction score
Said no guy, ever! Man card in question?

Just kidding.

I said the same thing when I bought my 2006 Ram MegaCab 2500 Cummins with 300hp. But when I built it to 600hp and 1200ftlb tq, I said………………………..I NEED MORE!!!! Man I miss that truck. It was a blast to drive. A truck that comes factory with 500hp would be nice. Power there if you need it, but don’t have to use it. That’s where programmers come in. You can adjust for the power you need at the moment. On my Cummins, I had EFI Live with a knob I could turn that adjusted the tune on the fly. I could go from fuel efficient mode to full power mode in seconds (from 300hp to 600hp). That’s diesels though, if only gas vehicles were so easy.
The hp is fun, but not necessary. If so I would get a TRX. Or better yet, a Demon170.

D-dub

Reaction score
I installed a new Ever Start AGM battery and cabin filter in the truck today. Hellwig sway bar should be in tomorrow.👍. I'll install that next weekend weather pending. 👍 Also debating on getting the Magnaflow exhaust for it. I'm still on the fence tho.

397STROKER

Reaction score

Just kidding.

I said the same thing when I bought my 2006 Ram MegaCab 2500 Cummins with 300hp. But when I built it to 600hp and 1200ftlb tq, I said………………………..I NEED MORE!!!! Man I miss that truck. It was a blast to drive. A truck that comes factory with 500hp would be nice. Power there if you need it, but don’t have to use it. That’s where programmers come in. You can adjust for the power you need at the moment. On my Cummins, I had EFI Live with a knob I could turn that adjusted the tune on the fly. I could go from fuel efficient mode to full power mode in seconds (from 300hp to 600hp). That’s diesels though, if only gas vehicles were so easy.
HP is nice but TQ is even better for a truck and hauling. There has to be more of a balance in performance vehicles but in Trucks TQ is the real king.

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hauled another bike home
a867671158cd18274f6dfc3c58352838.jpg

7799694d7a97129ebd5f445f261ecb82.jpg

Also. Top pic with spacers. Bottom without.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What rims are those? I just got a 2023 Limited and really am not liking the longhorn rims they put on...they just don't pop 😒 they might turn into winter rims real quick...and the tire size seems modest. 20230327_084216.jpg

Ramit392

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If your coating is that weak, then you blew a lot of cash on nothing. One run through a car wash will not cause any issues. I've used one weekly (yes, with the rollers) for three years with minimal scratches. Yes, even in the sun. I do NOT have any coatings. Just the stock paint and clear coat.
Don't lose any sleep over it. It's not worth it. And as you said yourself, "first world problems" and not worth the tears.
I know we hear so much about coats, wax and many others. My son talked me into trying F11 last year on the Hellcat. I WAS IMPRESSED!! You put it on wet liquid and wipe off immediately with buff rag. Can do all surfaces and even glass and vinyl. I put it on new 23 Ram as soon as I got it home. When bugs hit glass and front end they come right off when wiped or car wash.....Dirt, brake dust on wheels and car finish just rolls off at car wash preventing swirls and scratches!! If you get a chance try it!

ferraiolo1

Reaction score
What rims are those? I just got a 2023 Limited and really am not liking the longhorn rims they put on...they just don't pop they might turn into winter rims real quick...and the tire size seems modest. View attachment 155542

They are vossen 22s. They have come out with quite a few more models since I bought these. I like them. Clean looking and made in America which is a plus for me and worth the money.

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They are vossen 22s. They have come out with quite a few more models since I bought these. I like them. Clean looking and made in America which is a plus for me and worth the money.

There are so many to choose from I appreciate you sharing for reference. I like the made in the USA too. One thing is for certain - I cannot stay in these stock rims.

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Just kidding.

I said the same thing when I bought my 2006 Ram MegaCab 2500 Cummins with 300hp. But when I built it to 600hp and 1200ftlb tq, I said………………………..I NEED MORE!!!! Man I miss that truck. It was a blast to drive. A truck that comes factory with 500hp would be nice. Power there if you need it, but don’t have to use it. That’s where programmers come in. You can adjust for the power you need at the moment.

You can actually do the same thing with the rightmost pedal down by the driver's feet.

:D

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What rims are those? I just got a 2023 Limited and really am not liking the longhorn rims they put on...they just don't pop 😒 they might turn into winter rims real quick...and the tire size seems modest. View attachment 155542
I bought my Limited used and it came with Longhorn 20” rims on it.
Your thought is exactly what I did. Turned them into winter rims!
FBF2F24B-DC86-4C59-B8C3-EA5F7C2D5882.jpeg

CogitoErgoLevo

Reaction score
Installed fitcamx model b, but image is not leveled properly, like the camera is titled at a 30 degree angle. Oh well.
Replacement is coming tomorrow.
Otherwise, it's a great system

TittoPollito

Reaction score
Thanks, I may look into that 303. I got antsy, not wanting them to sit any longer in that shape so I went ahead and wiped them down with some armorall leather care, and then buffed them dry, multiple times. I figure since they aren't real leather it was worth a shot. They look much better, though I still see a couple areas that I'm not happy with. The wife can't see them so she thinks I'm overobsessing (I don't know, maybe), I'll wait a day or two and see if they clear up.
Man my wife is the same way, she doesn't get on me for much... but she is not real excited about my level of "enthusiasm" for keeping the cars detailed.

Users who are viewing this thread