5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

23RAM

Reaction score
FitCamX arrived today - two weeks from China to my door which was faster than I expected. Install was going really well and easy with the included pry tool, until I tried to connect the Y adapter. It's much easier to connect the round black camera wire before plugging in the other two ends. After that it was click, click and it was installed. Turned on the truck, it fired up and started recording. I took a short drive to check out video quality and it's very good, and fit and finish is so close to factory you can't tell the difference - they did an excellent job making the mold to copy the factory part. Highly recommended.
(y)

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
FitCamX arrived today - two weeks from China to my door which was faster than I expected. Install was going really well and easy with the included pry tool, until I tried to connect the Y adapter. It's much easier to connect the round black camera wire before plugging in the other two ends. After that it was click, click and it was installed. Turned on the truck, it fired up and started recording. I took a short drive to check out video quality and it's very good, and fit and finish is so close to factory you can't tell the difference - they did an excellent job making the mold to copy the factory part. Highly recommended.
(y)
Man, I want one of these

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
(y)
Give us a update in 6months and a year let’s see how it holds up.

FLiPMaRC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
(y)
Where did you order from that it shipped from China? How much?

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Factory direct. $180. I don't remember why I didn't order by Amazon. May have been cheaper at the time, or Amazon may have been out of stock. I think mine was a couple days more than 2 weeks, but it was faster than most Chinese orders.

Idahoktm

Reaction score
I went to Amazon and all I see are the ones for the TRX. Is there nothing for the broke ones among us?
The "Model B" works for all trim levels, except maybe the Tradesman, as long as you have some of the upper equipment groups.

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I hardwired a USB C charge port, to you with my Course Motorsports MagSafe charger. Using the built-in USB ports didn’t provide enough power, and the phone would cycle between charging and not charging.

I’m having trouble finding the charger I ordered, but I probably should have ordered this dual-USB C version, so I’d have one on for the passenger side, as well. Heck, I’ll probably end up redoing this with that one.

I thought about tapping into the wire for the 12V socket on top of the dash (the “cigarette lighter”), but instead used a fuse tap I’m already using for my dash cam, so I’d leave the factory wiring intact.

I used some wire loom and tape to keep things protected. I attached the USB buck converter to the back of the screen assembly with double sided tape.

My truck does have the RamCharger pad, but I like having the phone by the vent so I can watch TikTok while driving. Just kidding, but I do use my phone to control my aux lights (via Garmin PowerSwitch), so it’s nice to have the phone visible.

I’ve got a wireless CarPlay adapter, but it was pointless until now since I had to plug in my phone to charge.

E8B60FC4-C062-4965-8A10-1FF7709F171A.jpeg A7A053A6-D598-4A81-A92B-14BDC2F414D8.jpeg DCE9000A-6C19-4E6E-8B97-4AEDBA8B6647.jpeg

6of36

Reaction score
Us poor's need the A model which is still in development.
Isn't the B just larger than the A to accommodate more electronics? I would think the larger one would still work, with space inside.

6of36

Reaction score
Doesn't work that way
Has anyone actually tried? I know nobody wants to order the wrong one, and be stuck with it, but isn't it possible, they just want to make it look the same as the part it replaces? If somebody would actually try it, it may work, and people could just use the larger one, unless there are clips in different locations or something. If someone is in S.E. Michigan, and wants to try, who has an A style, I have a camera, but no truck yet, and would be willing to see if it would work.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Has anyone actually tried? I know nobody wants to order the wrong one, and be stuck with it, but isn't it possible, they just want to make it look the same as the part it replaces? If somebody would actually try it, it may work, and people could just use the larger one, unless there are clips in different locations or something. If someone is in S.E. Michigan, and wants to try, who has an A style, I have a camera, but no truck yet, and would be willing to see if it would work.
You would need the correct mirror and rest of the plastic associated with it

23RAM

Reaction score
Amazon Canada doesn't stock them, but I ordered from the FitCamX store on Amazon. I compared that price with directly ordering from the FitCamX website in US dollars and it was cheaper with no import fees via Amazon by about $40. I also applied the discount coupon from FitCamX to save 10% on Amazon as well. It costs more than a decent dash cam, but it's fully integrated and no wires showing which made it worth it to me. I compared the video to the Viofo A119 in the other car and they're about the same quality.

23RAM

Reaction score
They can't be interchanged as the clips are located in different locations and the B model is about twice as wide with the clip holes near the outer edges.

Users who are viewing this thread