5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Kumba1010

Reaction score
Before
255945fabad7afc025f1c427ee7b7666.png

e20c49dfa8e1d0d2ece770067a4b6b82.png

After

4cab996c301afb6a4c0b62af77c47fa1.jpg

After 6 months of riding around like this I can finally walk around the passenger side. Long story short some assh**e decided to play bumper cars with my truck in the parking lot of the hotel I was staying at while working out of state. Of course no information and probably hightailed it out of there.

Between the covid bs excuses I was getting from multiple bodyshop to the we don’t need the work others where giving me, then the bs we’re gonna have to respray the bedside and door excuse nope nope. Paint wasn’t cracked and I was 99% confident PDR could be done and that 99% of the damage wasn’t through the clear. Waited till I was closer to home and took it to a PDR shop/ bodyshop I knew about. Besides a new flare I provided that needed paint, 98% of it didn’t need to be painted and buffed out. The other 2% they touched up and wouldn’t be noticeable. 2 day turn around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Now it looks like new (y)

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Threw the AVS aerocab on my truck this weekend. Still on the fence about it. I like how it looks but wasn’t too impressed with the provided weather stripping for running the wire. I get some whistling between 40-50 mph but turning the radio up is enough to drown it out. Anyways, didn’t see much real world info on these guys so here you go!

I Always appreciate your in-depth videos @Waterfowler41 !
But….personally, I’ve never been a fan of marker lights.

Last edited:

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Good news, bad news.

Gave the truck a good wash and didn't pull the it in far enough into the garage and the door did a good number on my tailgate 🤦‍♂️🤦

View attachment 151239

Also got my switch panel delivered!!

View attachment 151240
not to rain on your parade but make sure you test the panel and make sure it works before installing. I install these for our customers and there was a time when 8 out of 10 panels didn't work. So after that we always strongly recommend Switch-Pros.

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score

sep1006

Reaction score
I think I went with the pro xs based on your recommendations. It was pretty damn good . The type S was always the ultimate want for me and I found one used that was a couple years old and pulled the trigger. Immediately I notice it is a different tone and more aggressive. The sound feels alot different . Deeper and more of a rumble. I’ll give feedback after my trip after I get some highway travel in. Also haven’t had a cold start yet and I leave for work around 4:45 am so I’m hoping the neighbors don’t notice too much diff

I installed the S-Type when I bought the Rebel new 2 years ago. TO ME it is the perfect exhaust.

Start Up - sounds really aggressive with a very deep tone and then settles down a bit after warming up

Acceleration - same sound as start up but stays aggressive with a deep tone during acceleration

Hwy / Cruising - to be totally honest, you don't even notice it. Pretty tame.

And NO DRONE at any point in time !!!!!!

Jqueen39

Reaction score
And so it begins. April 2022 order was delivered about three weeks ago. Installed Carli Back Country Lift, Radius Arms, Methos wheels, Nittos, etc. 50 Titan fuel tank. More to come, including bed cover and refrigerator. This truck will be used for disaster and hurricane work as I am an adjuster. Looking at trailers now. More to come.

The ride is excellent, and the payload should be enough with the bags not to lose any or much towing ability. So far, loving it.

Attachments

• IMG_9660.JPG
    IMG_9660.JPG
    195.6 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_9659.JPG
    IMG_9659.JPG
    201.6 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_9658.JPG
    IMG_9658.JPG
    215 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_9657.JPG
    IMG_9657.JPG
    242.1 KB · Views: 126

SkittleRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Before
255945fabad7afc025f1c427ee7b7666.png

e20c49dfa8e1d0d2ece770067a4b6b82.png

After

After 6 months of riding around like this I can finally walk around the passenger side. Long story short some assh**e decided to play bumper cars with my truck in the parking lot of the hotel I was staying at while working out of state. Of course no information and probably hightailed it out of there.

Between the covid bs excuses I was getting from multiple bodyshop to the we don’t need the work others where giving me, then the bs we’re gonna have to respray the bedside and door excuse nope nope. Paint wasn’t cracked and I was 99% confident PDR could be done and that 99% of the damage wasn’t through the clear. Waited till I was closer to home and took it to a PDR shop/ bodyshop I knew about. Besides a new flare I provided that needed paint, 98% of it didn’t need to be painted and buffed out. The other 2% they touched up and wouldn’t be noticeable. 2 day turn around.

That looks great, I love PDR!

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've worn the same watch everyday for 11 years. My wife got it for me for a wedding present. I had to have the crystal replaced once and it was in the shop for 2 weeks. Drove me absolutely insane ha. She keeps telling me to get with the times and get an apple watch like she has, but I can't change my ways ha.
I‘m with you. I‘ve worn a watch all my life and am lost without it. I have several nice watches, but his is my go-to all the time. It’s a Seiko Diver solar powered watch. Keeps perfect time. Certified to 200m.
I wake up sometimes in the middle of the night and like to see if it’s time to get up. Great nighttime Luminescence. 590008B2-9F78-4F47-84F6-B57D5A91F884.jpeg B39EDD9F-B9B9-426B-952D-806217A8896F.jpeg

Last edited:

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Before

After

Great job!
A good PDR guy can do some amazing stuff!
I’m a firm believer in my local PDR guy. He’s saved me $1,000‘s. I refer all my family and friends to him.

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I finally got all the hardware to mount my new rock lights underneath and cut out all the stuff I don't need from the harness. I'll start running wires in the morning and then need to think about ways to waterproof the Blazer controller.

Right now I'm thinking maybe just spray the board with conformal coating (assuming it isn't already) and fill the contacts with dielectric grease.

20230210_205837.jpg

Attachments

• 20230210_205837.jpg
    20230210_205837.jpg
    180.9 KB · Views: 24

eazy1500

Reaction score
Did some bumper plugs and swapped out the 3 front dash speakers. Went with SKAR TX series. Haters gonna hate. But for $30 a pair, they are way worth it. I’m not building a show truck so been trying to keep mods low budget but good value.

May do the door speakers (also SKAR TX) and front lift with Eibach Pro Lift struts and ORP springs tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread