5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Ramroo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I can't stand not having a watch. I like to know what time it is. And now with smart phones, I have a smart watch, so I don't even have to take my phone out of my pocket to read and reply to texts. TicWatch Pro for Android. Works great with my Pixel, and before Pixel released rhier own watch, was the best watch available for Pixel phones. I replaced the factory silicone band with this metal one cause I'm not a fan of the silicone bands.
Everyone is different for sure. I usually have my phone in my pocket, so getting the time is not an issue. I hate having that heavy contraption flopping around ( hate it tight also ) on my wrist.
Not safe for farm work either.

Only thing I like to carry is phone and my concealed friend. Also 2 long guns in the tractor.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Everyone is different for sure. I usually have my phone in my pocket, so getting the time is not an issue. I hate having that heavy contraption flopping around ( hate it tight also ) on my wrist.
Not safe for farm work either.

Only thing I like to carry is phone and my concealed friend. Also 2 long guns in the tractor.
Easier to look at my wrist than dig my phone out of my pocket. And depending on what you are doing, safer as well. My band is tight enough the watch doesn't flip around but loose enough it doesn't restrict either. And the weight is negligible. I can see the safety thing with working around farm equipment though. My dad worked at a grain elevator his whole career(retired four years ago). He never wore his wedding band because it wasn't safe at work. But he did always have a watch on.

Kumba1010

Reaction score
My first truck, my first RAM. Received the truck a couple of days ago from Mark Dodge after traveling ~1600 miles on an open carrier. Gave it a quick wash then got the front windows tinted (pinnacle series 25%) to match the rear; the windshield got the air blue 80. Levelling is next. So far enjoying my new truck…ride quality is amazing.

Attachments

• Tint.jpg
    Tint.jpg
    204.2 KB · Views: 114

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've never been a fan of jewelry or watches. I haven't worn my wedding band in years. My wife doesn't care and that's who matters.
Same. Not a fan at all. I haven't worn my wedding band in years and my wife DOES care lol. I can't help it though. I gave it my best effort and managed to put up with it (the ring, not my wife lol) for a year or so and I couldn't tolerate it any longer. She's understanding, but would prefer I had it on. I don't like any of it. Watches, bracelets, necklaces, rings... Just not for me.

Grimgreg

Reaction score
I just installed my cover. Haven't clamped it in place yet. A little unsure. I thought I'd be smart and attach the foam strip to the cover vs the bedliner where they don't always stick, but the metal flange of the rollup box just barely extends over the front edge of the bed. Just the rubber flap covers. Is yours (or anyone else with a Syneticusa cover) this way. No one really posts pix of that very front edge. Just seems like the whole thing could go about 1" - 1.5" forward, which is where I had it till I lined up the tailgate. View attachment 151194 View attachment 151195 View attachment 151196
IMG_20230209_142712.jpg Here is how mine sits.

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My first truck, my first RAM. Received the truck a couple of days ago from Mark Dodge after traveling ~1600 miles on an open carrier. Gave it a quick wash then got the front windows tinted (pinnacle series 25%) to match the rear; the windshield got the air blue 80. Levelling is next. So far enjoying my new truck…ride quality is amazing.
Congrats! Great looking rig!

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Had a Woman back into my truck at Lunch. Crunched the Drivers Tail light.

MSRP Tail light = $1005, Blind Spot Sensor = $230.

Online OEM Seller $850 for both Shipped. If they can get it!

Malodave
Don’t all replacement blind spot LED taillights come with the blind spot module already installed? I replaced my drivers side with a new unit due to a cracked lens and the sensor came with it. Paid $667 through BAM wholesale.

1675982170763.png

SkittleRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had my boys(twin 11yr olds) wash the truck as it was so dirty from all the rain and I finally found a way to keep this module from falling off and rattling under the passenger seat. A Nice big zip tie and no more issues. :)
Truck Seat module.jpg
Clean truck 1.jpg

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Installed borla type S.. coming from a muffler swap (borla pro xs) .. have a trip this weekend up to the adirondacks so hopefully no complaints from wife and kids haha
considering swapping my muffler, thinking - b2 fabrications, mbrp 5143 or borla pro mx
can you provide feedback on what you didn't like about the borla pro xs if anything

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Installed borla type S.. coming from a muffler swap (borla pro xs) .. have a trip this weekend up to the adirondacks so hopefully no complaints from wife and kids haha
I'd also be interested to know how much of a difference you notice. I've considered this myself.

I like my pro xs but would like a little more volume. Don't want to go all the way to the atak though.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
1f47560839950a51e854d8556a4483f9.jpg

Beefier endlinks installed. What an impressive product.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PaulieWalnutz

Reaction score
considering swapping my muffler, thinking - b2 fabrications, mbrp 5143 or borla pro mx
can you provide feedback on what you didn't like about the borla pro xs if anything
I had the Borla pro xs for about 2 years and it has been a great addition. It livened up the sound but not over the top. You know it’s there. The reason I got that was bc I didn’t want to spend the $$ on the full catback at that time. I had alil drone that only I noticed at 1300-1500 rpm’s… its my first day with the type s & it’s a pretty big difference.

crusher

Ram Guru
Reaction score
nice truck

PaulieWalnutz

Reaction score
I'd also be interested to know how much of a difference you notice. I've considered this myself.

I like my pro xs but would like a little more volume. Don't want to go all the way to the atak though.
I think I went with the pro xs based on your recommendations. It was pretty damn good . The type S was always the ultimate want for me and I found one used that was a couple years old and pulled the trigger. Immediately I notice it is a different tone and more aggressive. The sound feels alot different . Deeper and more of a rumble. I’ll give feedback after my trip after I get some highway travel in. Also haven’t had a cold start yet and I leave for work around 4:45 am so I’m hoping the neighbors don’t notice too much diff

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had the Borla pro xs for about 2 years and it has been a great addition. It livened up the sound but not over the top. You know it’s there. The reason I got that was bc I didn’t want to spend the $$ on the full catback at that time. I had alil drone that only I noticed at 1300-1500 rpm’s… its my first day with the type s & it’s a pretty big difference.
thanks, that is me right now $ wise

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Before
255945fabad7afc025f1c427ee7b7666.png

e20c49dfa8e1d0d2ece770067a4b6b82.png

After

4cab996c301afb6a4c0b62af77c47fa1.jpg

After 6 months of riding around like this I can finally walk around the passenger side. Long story short some assh**e decided to play bumper cars with my truck in the parking lot of the hotel I was staying at while working out of state. Of course no information and probably hightailed it out of there.

Between the covid bs excuses I was getting from multiple bodyshop to the we don’t need the work others where giving me, then the bs we’re gonna have to respray the bedside and door excuse nope nope. Paint wasn’t cracked and I was 99% confident PDR could be done and that 99% of the damage wasn’t through the clear. Waited till I was closer to home and took it to a PDR shop/ bodyshop I knew about. Besides a new flare I provided that needed paint, 98% of it didn’t need to be painted and buffed out. The other 2% they touched up and wouldn’t be noticeable. 2 day turn around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Users who are viewing this thread