5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My white truck was always white and I don't do half the things that are often discussed on this forum.

Most o you guys must have some 49 hour days while I'm stuck with the regular 24.

My white truck has been much easier to keep clean than other vehicles I've owned. Not perfect, but fairly clean. I will never buy a black vehicle again though ha.

White paint doesn't have the depth of darker colors nor the reflective qualities of dark colors so it doesn't show paint defects easily, that's what makes it easier to maintain or look clean longer.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That’s smart too! At one point I had them marked but after adjusting the lift a few different times I didnt check the marks
i'd say mark them all now with a different color. I went with blue to color match the truck and used thick marker for ease of observation

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Cerium Oxide is the option I forgot to mention earlier. I restored a roached Boxster windshield with it and looked new.

cerium oxide compounds are known to occasionally distort glass, be careful

RAMonkey

Reaction score
What did the springs cost?
$25.31 ea. at Mopar Parts Giant as of this post. Make sure you get the correct part # based on what your truck came with.

Attachments

• A0FDD061-3E62-4853-A94C-09279AD11EB9.jpeg
    A0FDD061-3E62-4853-A94C-09279AD11EB9.jpeg
    117.5 KB · Views: 63
  • 304D94E0-BB22-4F45-9118-8ED2EE305B61.jpeg
    304D94E0-BB22-4F45-9118-8ED2EE305B61.jpeg
    109.6 KB · Views: 62

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My white truck has been much easier to keep clean than other vehicles I've owned. Not perfect, but fairly clean. I will never buy a black vehicle again though ha.
My last 8 new trucks in the past 22 years have been white! LOL
Even the wife’s car is white!
I agree, it’s the easiest color to keep clean.

8AFCBC07-F50A-4756-8E49-DCAE382F4D73.jpeg

Last edited:

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
White paint doesn't have the depth of darker colors nor the reflective qualities of dark colors so it doesn't show paint defects easily, that's what makes it easier to maintain or look clean longer.
I gotta agree with this statement for the most part but I gotta say last time I clay barred my truck, ceramic coated it, applied a sealant on top, and a wax on top of that…holy crap I never knew white could have so much depth and could reflect so well! I could clearly see myself in the reflection of the white paint lol. So it kinda depends on how well you take care of your paint. In that instance my white paint had way more depth and gloss than your average black car that goes through the drive thru car wash lol

HEMIJAKE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Absolutely agree. My truck has some minor swirling now that I need to take care of (likely not til spring), but I'm the only one that knows it's there. If it was a black truck, everyone would know it's there :LOL:

HEMIJAKE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My last 8 new trucks in the past 22 years have been white! LOL
Even the wife’s car is white!

View attachment 149162
The Mrs. current Jeep Cherokee is that god awful orange color. I hate it. So much. She liked the color, and it was about the only one available during covid. When we trade it in next year or so, I told her she can buy whatever she wants, but it has to be white :LOL:

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Since I’ve chatted with several users on here regarding fog/pod lights the last couple days, I thought I’d share this here. Awesome testing!

silverWS6

Ram Guru
Reaction score
All the talk about pods and I got these delivered!

Attachments

• 20230118_111552.jpg
    20230118_111552.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 79

Rocketman

Reaction score
Sold it:giggle:
Then purchased a 2022 Ram 1500 Laramie Sport 4x4 (Patriot Blue).....I friggin love that color. Received my NFab RS steps, Bedrug, and Bakflip MX4 today. It's going to be a busy weekend! 2022 Ram.jpg

Right now I have my 2012 Bighorn, 2019 Laramie Sport, and 2022 Laramie Sport 4x4, all parked in front of the house. Not for long though, 2019 gets picked up on Friday and I am giving my 2012 to my son....keeping it in the family.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i can confirm. My old rig was white and i had way more pinstripes on it than I can remember them happening. But you can't really see them until you look at it at a certain angle and all I ever do in terms of washing was pressure wash, foam, pressure wash to rinse, and leaf blower blow dry.

And it was Toyota's Super White which is really thin too. I kind of regret doing blue on the Rebel because it makes me sad knowing eventually I'll have pinstripes on my blue paint :cry:

silverWS6

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got the ditch pods mounted up. Gotta say, really happy with the outcome. I was unaware Lasfit had hood brackets for the 5th gens and they worked great. The pods also put out a decent amount of light (for the price) and the quality seems great.

I wanted some real fancy pods but these are perfect for the use that I'll be giving them. I just couldn't justify spending on some Baja Desings or Rigid pods.

I also got the yellow lenses and I might throw those on.

20230118_153906.jpg

20230118_153918.jpg

pkman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Got the ditch pods mounted up. Gotta say, really happy with the outcome. I was unaware Lasfit had hood brackets for the 5th gens and they worked great. The pods also put out a decent amount of light (for the price) and the quality seems great.

I wanted some real fancy pods but these are perfect for the use that I'll be giving them. I just couldn't justify spending on some Baja Desings or Rigid pods.

Sharp Truck Silver WS6!

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score

View attachment 149239

I have to say that when I first saw this picture, the OCD in me said, “Oh God there is a scratch, time to bust out the polisher”. But then I noticed it is a reflection of the light mounted above. Tragedy averted. 😄

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online