5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I don't think aftermarket headlights have relays built in for that. That fuse tap is powered to ignition on to provide power for DRL, hence "always on" when key is on.
One way to test is to unplug the fuse tap and go through the whole cycle and see if anything turns on.
Easiest way to test would be to put power to the wire before installing them in the truck and see if the DRLs come on with nothing else connected. Would obviously need a ground as well

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ordered the Vice Designs rear tow hook brackets, anxiously awaiting for them to ship! Anybody have experience with them?

Debating what color to paint my tow hooks, thinking of bronze to match my front D-Rings and wheels...?

Truck pic for reference
Based on your existing color scheme, bronze is the only color that makes sense.

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ordered the Vice Designs rear tow hook brackets, anxiously awaiting for them to ship! Anybody have experience with them?

Debating what color to paint my tow hooks, thinking of bronze to match my front D-Rings and wheels...?

Truck pic for reference

Ahhh…I’ve painted many a D-rings for my Jeep, bronze included. I believe that was the last color I had before ponying up for the Warn D-rings. Not only are they a safer product, but the dimensions make them look better as well. They’re Warn, so they’re not cheap though. I’ll try to find pics for reference. I think picking some of those up & then painting them bronze would not only match your theme but really compliment your bumper as well. Also, having a rear photo of your truck for additional reference might be helpful for recommendations. Link to Warn shackle below.

Edit: I know I have some bronze painted D-rings but the only pics I could find just have painted copper fastening pins & the Warn D-rings.

Attachments

• 074AF125-E7DC-47C6-BCCF-94E1DE7639AD.jpeg
    074AF125-E7DC-47C6-BCCF-94E1DE7639AD.jpeg
    226.7 KB · Views: 58
  • DD749E5F-ADEC-4C35-89FC-E0AAF983F2E4.jpeg
    DD749E5F-ADEC-4C35-89FC-E0AAF983F2E4.jpeg
    164.4 KB · Views: 58
U

User_63152

I bought one of those Keeper adjustable ratcheting cargo bars at Home Depot. It works pretty well for what I’m using it for. It’s not super heavy duty, but it’ll work fine. It fits right in the 2 notches on either side of the drop in bed liner. I just needed something to keep my rolling toolbox from moving around so much. Lol.

Attachments

• D79A2980-3A0D-49D6-8C82-EE8DE13CDBCD.jpeg
    D79A2980-3A0D-49D6-8C82-EE8DE13CDBCD.jpeg
    218.8 KB · Views: 39
Last edited by a moderator:

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have one of these that are the twist style version but really wish I would’ve known about this design instead. Twist style has been a pain.

TyH2009

Reaction score
I bought one of those Keeper adjustable ratcheting cargo bars at Home Depot. It works pretty well for what I’m using it for. It’s not super heavy duty, but it’ll work fine. It fits right in the 2 notches on either side of the drop in bed liner. I just needed something to keep my rolling toolbox from moving around so much. Lol.
I have one like that from Amazon and I love it.

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have one of these that are the twist style version but really wish I would’ve known about this design instead. Twist style has been a pain.

I bought one of these (Heininger-4016-HitchMate-Stabilizer Bar) at the advice of some members here and haven’t regretted it once. This thing is heavy duty and I use the divider bar all the time. It’s very helpful to keep things from shifting or falling over. When I get fuel for my zero-turn, I use two 5 gallon fuel jugs and I put them against the tailgate with the stabilizer bar and the divider holds them in place without tipping over.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Nope. One of the white bars on the left if I remember correctly.
I believe that's incorrect. The two dark plugs on the right are the SGW. The white block is the canbus junction (or whatever you call it).

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
I have wanted one for a while now. I did a lot to my 1500 but I really just wanted a bigger truck for my travel trailer.
But the Power Wagon actually has a lower payload & towing rating than the 1500 though..? Doesn’t it?

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

Truck pic for reference
Don't know why you would go with any color other than bronze, I think that would flow perfectly (y)

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I bought one of these (Heininger-4016-HitchMate-Stabilizer Bar) at the advice of some members here and haven’t regretted it once. This thing is heavy duty and I use the divider bar all the time. It’s very helpful to keep things from shifting or falling over. When I get fuel for my zero-turn, I use two 5 gallon fuel jugs and I put them against the tailgate with the stabilizer bar and the divider holds them in place without tipping over.

I like this one. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread