5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How hard is this to install? Is it a shop project or are you able to do it at home?

They come out and do it at your home, work or wherever. It’s a mobile service. Install is kind of a secret thing. This is my third unit. I have one in my Jeep and I had one in my diesel truck before it got totaled.

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How hard is this to install? Is it a shop project or are you able to do it at home?

Nevermind. Looks like it's a big deal. $700 install means lots of work.

$650 for mine and takes about 2 hours to install, depending on vehicle. I know, kinda pricey but peace of mind is worth it. Over 40 years and no vehicle has been stolen with their product properly used (removing the puck). Now, of course nothing will keep a tow truck from taking your vehicle, but at least it keeps it from being started, which is how most vehicles are stolen.

Last edited:

tabber02

Reaction score
Finally hooked up my Rigid backlighting using a Cali Raised switch controller and in-cab panel. Only took my about 3 years...lol.
that looks great, and practical. i'm on dirt roads in state forest a lot--chasing down fresh kayak fishing holes. wonder do you know if that light bar works on models other than a Rebel?

Threesuns1

Ram Guru
Reaction score
$650 for mine and takes about 2 hours to install, depending on vehicle. I know, kinda pricey but peace of mind is worth it. Over 40 years and no vehicle has been stolen with their product properly used (removing the puck). Now, of course nothing will keep a tow truck from taking your vehicle, but at least it keeps it from being started, which is how most vehicles are stolen.

I have the best security device, a V6, nobody stealing those.

Incidentally, I went to the Ram Build Site and the V6 wasn't available as a choice on the Big Horn CC with 6'4" bed for 2023.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have the best security device, a V6, nobody stealing those.

Incidentally, I went to the Ram Build Site and the V6 wasn't available as a choice on the Big Horn CC with 6'4" bed for 2023.
Looks like that is true, at least so far. There have been 1,804 Bighorns (with crew cab and 6'-4" bed) built, all of them with the 5.7L Hemi.

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Here's some questions for any electrical wizards out there.

For most aftermarket headlights the harness for the always on drl is a fuse tap with a 5 amp fuse. That wire is about 12 guage and narrows to 16 or so at the headlights.

This can't be powering the drls but rather acting as power for an internal relay which must draw from the main harness?

Would it be safe to run a simple switch capable of handling 5 amps and forego a relay?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Here's some questions for any electrical wizards out there.

For most aftermarket headlights the harness for the always on drl is a fuse tap with a 5 amp fuse. That wire is about 12 guage and narrows to 16 or so at the headlights.

This can't be powering the drls but rather acting as power for an internal relay which must draw from the main harness?

Would it be safe to run a simple switch capable of handling 5 amps and forego a relay?
DRLs don't draw many amps. It's more than likely directly powering the lights. Especially if they are LEDs

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Looks like that is true, at least so far. There have been 1,804 Bighorns (with crew cab and 6'-4" bed) built, all of them with the 5.7L Hemi.
How did you find those production numbers? I’d love to nerd out and see how many trucks were built like mine haha. Thanks

silverWS6

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ordered the Vice Designs rear tow hook brackets, anxiously awaiting for them to ship! Anybody have experience with them?

Debating what color to paint my tow hooks, thinking of bronze to match my front D-Rings and wheels...?

Truck pic for reference

Attachments

• 20221216_172628.jpg
    20221216_172628.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 68

Chopperbobby

Reaction score
Looking for gateway plugs to bypass. Is it the two at the right of picture into lack box?
9B6173F1-3152-4507-8822-CED9C3F159B2.jpeg

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ordered the Vice Designs rear tow hook brackets, anxiously awaiting for them to ship! Anybody have experience with them?

Debating what color to paint my tow hooks, thinking of bronze to match my front D-Rings and wheels...?

Truck pic for reference
I tried to use them. They would not fit with .y Borla exhaust tips as the tips are longer before they neck down to the exhaust pipe size. Company is very good to work with. And they made it right for me

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Think a relay is necessary? or just use a 10 amp switch
I don't think aftermarket headlights have relays built in for that. That fuse tap is powered to ignition on to provide power for DRL, hence "always on" when key is on.
One way to test is to unplug the fuse tap and go through the whole cycle and see if anything turns on.

Users who are viewing this thread