5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

RHCan

USAF Retired Vet
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Looks awesome. Does the tray slide all the way over it?

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk
I have the same one— Gen 5 DT - There are 2 versions. One for the limited /longhorn which allows it to do so.—-

Model LD2078L​

Or
The other which is taller and works with the lonestar/ big horn / laramie/ tradesman and rebel—-

Model LD2078​

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have come to really like my Morimoto lights, I,ve had mine installed for a couple months without issue on the heads. I was getting a random “left/right rear turn signal out” message. They sent me a new set of tails, no questions asked. They look great on your truck.

That said, I wish you didn’t have to disassemble the front of the truck to change them!
The two fascia pieces under the headlights were by far the worst part. Where it met the grill and bumper was a mystery why it wouldn't pop off like the other tabs. I tried to be really careful but they broke on both sides. Seems to be secure enough without them

Chopperbobby

Reaction score
Can’t install yet. But have some power folding mirrors from santa. Waiting for warmer weather coming at the end of the week. Not wanting to mess with it below freezing. Also trying to get heated seats.

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It’s a safe. So, you keep things in it that you don’t want people to have an easy time stealing. Guns, money, etc.

Oh, that’s awesome. I wish I didn’t need to load an extension ladder occasionally so that I could look at potentially swapping! So far just going with a Lock er Down console safe soon.

Edit: Well, there’s obviously probably some confusion after this. 😆 I meant what is the beige/off white looking rack topper on @ws6616 blue Rebel.

After the last reply I kept thinking damn, that’s an interesting shaped safe that could store a lot of long guns I guess. 🤪

Last edited:

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Oh, that’s awesome. I wish I didn’t need to load an extension ladder occasionally so that I could look at potentially swapping! So far just going with a Lock er Down console safe soon.

Edit: Well, there’s obviously probably some confusion after this. 😆 I meant what is the beige/off white looking rack topper on @ws6616 blue Rebel.

After the last reply I kept thinking damn, that’s an interesting shaped safe that could store a lot of long guns I guess. 🤪
I did wonder how you fit an extension ladder in your center console! 😜

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score

The topper thing you are asking about is a pop up tent used for over landing

toyboy1980

Reaction score

Haha!!! The world’s smallest extension ladder goes in there. To prevent theft.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Installed the Boost Auto Parts 2.0 running light harness.

Love the look, but that's a lot of modifying the factory harness to make it work and having to run a power wire from passenger door all the way to fuse box as well.

Wonder how that would work with the sequential turn signal lenses?

Waterfowler41

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Love the look, but that's a lot of modifying the factory harness to make it work and having to run a power wire from passenger door all the way to fuse box as well.

Wonder how that would work with the sequential turn signal lenses?

Having installed the paragoptics ambient kit in my truck, this project was a cake walk. It’s really not bad at all.

With the sequential they’ll operate the same way, on when the trucks on the ON/OFF with turn signals. Every time the sequential turns on, you’ll get that sequential effect.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Having installed the paragoptics ambient kit in my truck, this project was a cake walk. It’s really not bad at all.

With the sequential they’ll operate the same way, on when the trucks on the ON/OFF with turn signals. Every time the sequential turns on, you’ll get that sequential effect.
Not knowing how the LED boards in the sequential turns are set up, didn't know if they would constantly go through the pattern when on as running lights, or if they will cycle oncez then stay in solid

Users who are viewing this thread