5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My truck sits out in the sun all day at work, windshield tint is illegal here, and I am not a fan of them window shades.

You can get XPEL clear ceramic film on the windshield that blocks up to 98% of the infrared heat and provides SPF 1,000 protection that effectively blocks over 99% of harmful UV rays. It’s a film, not a tint so it’s not illegal. It won’t darken the windshield at all. I live in Texas where windshield tint is also illegal and I have the clear ceramic film on mine. It is optically correct so you can‘t even tell it’s there. UV rays and heat is what damages the dash. The film pretty much eliminates both. The temperature difference is pretty amazing.

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks! I appreciate that! But just like your truck is super bad a$$, some people are always going to hate on certain things just because they have different preferences. Some people hate the orange on my truck, some hate that the front is a little taller than the rear, some hate my skeeeet badges 😂 at the end of the day it’s all about what makes you happy. As long as you don’t slap on every chrome accessory from autozone.! If you do that, well then you’re a lost cause lol

Those skeeeet badges are so cool bc of their uniqueness! I also miss the Mclovin name btw.

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Reminds me of my drying mat that I use for wet cups lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Or those clear plastic covers grandmothers put on their couches to save them
For the next owner lol.

Plenty of uv protectants have come out to negate the need for these 70s era dash covers. But to each their own. Save the interior for the next owner instead of enjoying it for yourself. lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mac-oly

Reaction score
i haven't been looking too hard yet - but have thought about a rack. didn't think any of them would work with the ram boxes. found a tonneau cover i like the Truxedo Pro X15. might just go down that route....
Dethloff Mfg makes a rack for the ramboxes. I have no regrets in getting it and I can still have the Truxedo Sentry tonneau on, too.

crusher

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Needless to say, Dash covers aren’t for everyone. You either like ‘em or you don’t.
I comment for those interested in a dash cover for whatever reason it may be. At the end of the day, I like mines and that’s all that really matters to me. If I can share and help other members with other options, well then cool beans, glad to help! At the same time, I do appreciate all the “feedback”. Agree to disagree. It’s what I love about this forum.

My truck sits out in the sun all day at work, windshield tint is illegal here, and I am not a fan of them window shades. I do like the bare dash, and I will still have a brand new looking bare dash many years from now…thanks in part to my dash cover. 👍

Happy and Safe Holidays everyone! Aloha!!! 🤙🏽🎄🌴🌞
dash covers is not for me, i really dont like it

but i must say, we have seen a few on this forum lately, and yours is best looking one, by far

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
.... Save the interior for the next owner instead of enjoying it for yourself. lol
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have to remind myself of that every time I get too anal about the interior of my truck, or anything else about it's condition. Are you trying to keep it pristine for the next person?

After watching a million vehicle cleaning videos on YouTube, I realized there is nothing you can really do to the interior of your vehicle that you can't fix and clean easily.

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
I have to remind myself of that every time I get too anal about the interior of my truck, or anything else about it's condition. Are you trying to keep it pristine for the next person?

After watching a million vehicle cleaning videos on YouTube, I realized there is nothing you can really do to the interior of your vehicle that you can't fix and clean easily.
Very true! I’m the same way. I’m anal as heck about keeping my truck pristine but in reality even if I let it get gross it’s easy to clean lol. Detailing a dirty vehicle is way more satisfying than detailing an already clean one anyway lol

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Those skeeeet badges are so cool bc of their uniqueness! I also miss the Mclovin name btw.
Haha thanks man! I agree with that! Some people said they look cheap or “ricer” lol but I love them. And haha I decided to change it to match my Instagram name to just make it easier

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Went to Johnson Valley to do some photoshoot and have lunch.
Also tested the bed rack and Roof Tent set up for desert runs. Now I'm selling the roof tent because I need something a bit lighter and smaller. Feel free to let me know if you're in SoCal and looking for a cheap roof tent!
IMG_2044.jpg IMG_1997.jpg IMG_2053.jpg

crusher

Ram Guru
Reaction score

wacopolumbo

Reaction score
I have come to really like my Morimoto lights, I,ve had mine installed for a couple months without issue on the heads. I was getting a random “left/right rear turn signal out” message. They sent me a new set of tails, no questions asked. They look great on your truck.

That said, I wish you didn’t have to disassemble the front of the truck to change them!

Users who are viewing this thread