5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
she said they did not go out as far as the ones we got, and they did not feel as sturdy as the ones we got

me I have seen too many that quit working and short out
I have had Power/Amp steps on 4 trucks now over the last 10 years.
Since my first truck with them on, I would never be without them. The first ones were 2 Fords. When I bought my 15’ 3500 Laramie, it didn’t come with them. I ordered them from AMP had the dealership install them for me. First time they put them on a 3500. They came with my Limited otherwise they would be added.
I‘ve never had a failure more than a pebble in the hinge, stop one from retracting. It was a 2 second fix.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
not married are you

this post is 4 pages long

I can get more but they are from other forums, and I would rather not advertise them here. a google search will give them to you

Married for 30 years. Nice try. I'll consider my wife's input on anything. If she gave me either one of those reasons, I would dismiss them.

Power running boards will never be as reliable as fixed boards, but they are far from problematic.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Had it stolen. :(

Well it was a little over a week ago now but it's gone and won't be coming back. Thief torched it.

Dealing with Insurance now so hopefully a new one soon.
Do you know how it was stolen? Cloned your key fob signal, or programmed a new key fob?

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Married for 30 years. Nice try. I'll consider my wife's input on anything. If she gave me either one of those reasons, I would dismiss them.

Power running boards will never be as reliable as fixed boards, but they are far from problematic.
why do you want to keep arguing with me??????
the question was asked and answered

I am not changing your mind and you are not changing mine!!!

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Today I drove down by my parents house to set up my deer blind for next weekend. Then after I got back home I broke my passenger side mirror backing out of my garage to go grocery shopping with the wife. :(

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
why do you want to keep arguing with me??????
the question was asked and answered

I am not changing your mind and you are not changing mine!!!

Arguing? No. Lol I'm just correcting inaccurate information in your posts.

thebluegoat

Reaction score
Do you know how it was stolen? Cloned your key fob signal, or programmed a new key fob?
It would be interesting to know. It seems on a weekly basis I’m hearing of 5th gen Rams being stolen in the Province of Ontario. I believe police a couple weeks stopped a group of 5 stolen ones. Seems they are stealing fob signals and also cloning keys.

HEMIJAKE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I did a little splitting of would I’ve had in the stack for years this weekend. But I rented a tow behind splittah. Very nice and my back thanked me… but only a little bit hahah.
25940dc8bcdddb06258a5b724b8f78a1.jpg

1aa6b3e345b9ba5633c0e1643443d23c.jpg

Funny tho, unless I hit the camera button I didn’t even know if it was still back there.

Did get to finally try a “Swedish torch” for Halloween tho.

9cfee92980193fa34516a0ccd7b132c8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I split everything by hand until I got to the base of the tree ha. I'm not splitting 24-30 inch diameter stuff anymore. My dad and I got my grandfather's old splitter running for the big stuff. He hasn't used in years since he switched to coal. Some carb and spark work, and some fresh gas and we we're up and running. I'll have to get some pictures of it. He traded an old car for it back in the late 60's / early 70's :LOL:

OCD Solutions

Reaction score
I could have used a splitter a few weekends ago but muscled through it all with an 8lb maul. I had a dozen rounds where the maul just bounced for the first 10-12 hits, lol.
I'm just splitting for the fire pit so I don't have enough to justify a splitter unless I can score one for a smoking deal.
Found a nice Kinetic splitter on Marketplace for $800 though . Once you try Kinetic, you will hate a Hydraulic unit.

HEMIJAKE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I could have used a splitter a few weekends ago but muscled through it all with an 8lb maul. I had a dozen rounds where the maul just bounced for the first 10-12 hits, lol.
I'm just splitting for the fire pit so I don't have enough to justify a splitter unless I can score one for a smoking deal.
Found a nice Kinetic splitter on Marketplace for $800 though . Once you try Kinetic, you will hate a Hydraulic unit.
Oh for sure. I'm just heating my garage with it and not 24/7. Just when I wanna spend a Saturday or something out there fiddling around. If I was heating my house, I'd definitetly try to find one too. I have no interest in that, until I see my gas bill here in a couple months :LOL:

gofishn

Reaction score
Had my BedRug installed.

This is how it actually looks to the human eye.

bedrug005.jpg

Also had them install a couple of 30inch LED light strips, connected to an On-Off Switch.
Camera makes the front appear much darker than it actually looks to me.

bedrug004.jpg

Pretty happy with the Install.
Everything looks snug & Tight.
The Rug still has to lay down a bit but that's just from packaging.
Can see the fold lines still but those will come out, over time.

Closing the tailgate takes some Oooph, what with the bedrug and the tailgate seal.

Also had them install some Putco Door Sill Guards.
Not my Truck but this is how they look.
My Picture turned out horrible.

doorsill0000.jpg

Just black 3m Tape but looks nice and , hopefully, it will keep my door sill paint from wearing off, like it did in my last two trucks.

Figure replacing that 3M tape will much cheaper then painting the Sills.
Can;t really see it, unless one looks hard.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread