5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

JoeRam

Reaction score
Ordered this. Hopefully it will help with the backup camera issues when there is no ambient light. Also ordered the Curt 56584 so I don’t have to splice into the trucks factory wiring. View attachment 10400
I see there are many versions of the Curt 56584, can you share where and which you ordered? I am thinking of trying the Access® - 39" Back-Up White LED Tailgate Light Bar and making up a tee-harness as well but if there is a pre-made unit I will jump on it. Thanks

Jhill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I see there are many versions of the Curt 56584, can you share where and which you ordered? I am thinking of trying the Access® - 39" Back-Up White LED Tailgate Light Bar and making up a tee-harness as well but if there is a pre-made unit I will jump on it. Thanks
You may need to verify tailgate doesn't hit license plate frame. There is such close clearance that if frame extends above the top of bumper at all, the tailgate might hit it when lowered. I had to find thin frame to avoid this on my Rebel. Also the top trailer lights connector door is very close to touching paint of tailgate when lowered. I wrote this up a while back and no feedback that others see this problem. Maybe my bumper a little higher than average?

JoeRam

Reaction score
You may need to verify tailgate doesn't hit license plate frame. There is such close clearance that if frame extends above the top of bumper at all, the tailgate might hit it when lowered. I had to find thin frame to avoid this on my Rebel. Also the top trailer lights connector door is very close to touching paint of tailgate when lowered. I wrote this up a while back and no feedback that others see this problem. Maybe my bumper a little higher than average?
Thanks, I will look into the trailer plug assembly for clearance. As for the light, I am most likely going w the light strip. Checking on how many Lumens it is first.

Nlg4021

Reaction score
Here is a video of the 14" Magnaflow I had installed this morning. Stock resonators are still in but I had the weep holes welded. No drone whatsoever and sounds great. Pretty mild and with the radio on you can't hear it in the cabin unless put your foot down.

Jhill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just found out my Magnaflow cat back exhaust shipped today from Hottexhaust and should be here Friday!!!! Yahoooooooo! I will update when I get it installed. I might just have a local exhaust shop put it on as weather is crappy and cold and I'm old and lazy. (....and fat, of course)

Lateralus

Reaction score
I just found out my Magnaflow cat back exhaust shipped today from Hottexhaust and should be here Friday!!!!
Mine too. My lift will be here tomorrow, so the exhaust will have to wait a week ;)

Cmoar

Reaction score
Got it leveled today. Big thanks to @ksn240 fo all his help. Also went by the dealership and they ordered my replacement cracked taillights.

Attachments

• F85CC81A-0BF4-4BD6-A7CF-07DB0A02F4D4.jpeg
    F85CC81A-0BF4-4BD6-A7CF-07DB0A02F4D4.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 265
  • C8FF90C4-40D4-4857-BA83-7BADB7E97CD6.jpeg
    C8FF90C4-40D4-4857-BA83-7BADB7E97CD6.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 263

Lettika

Reaction score
Backflip MX showed up today and it will go on this weekend. Really have my fingers crossed that this thing is going to get along well with the tie down rail and ramboxes. I hit the vendor with about three emails confirming all of the pieces would work together and they assured me they would. Haven't taken it out of the box yet but the design has got to be pretty slick for this to be true. There simply isn't much room between the rambox hinge point and the tie down rail to work with. I expect disappointment but we will see.

Bhbdvm

Reaction score
Backflip MX showed up today and it will go on this weekend. Really have my fingers crossed that this thing is going to get along well with the tie down rail and ramboxes. I hit the vendor with about three emails confirming all of the pieces would work together and they assured me they would. Haven't taken it out of the box yet but the design has got to be pretty slick for this to be true. There simply isn't much room between the rambox hinge point and the tie down rail to work with. I expect disappointment but we will see.
Let me know how it goes. I am planning on getting the Bakflip Revolver x4 when it soon becomes available. I hope it works well with the RamBoxes. Same company, same mechanism?

Users who are viewing this thread