5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

monkeypunch

Reaction score

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I'm curious about the reason for this choice. History of collisions? Part of the armed forces? Your daughter just got her first boyfriend?

It seems a bit excessive to me, but your reason could be a good one.(y)
It looks like it weighs 300lbs. Not something I would be interested in, but it would come in handy for the next wave of protests riots. 🤣

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
fear and wonder, what would I do with one of those install in a road rage episode
A lot of times, those things end up causing more damage, in an accident, than if you didn't have it. Depending on the angle of impact that is.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I bet some sucker will buy it for close to that too. The want and logic usually don’t go together. Some guy will see the lift and get hooked instead of just purchasing a stock one and purchasing said lift and whatever wheels himself.. oh and the fact they’ll just throw the cost into the financing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Travitz7

Reaction score
I am looking for exhaust suggestions for a 2020 Ram 1500. Nothing really loud, just want to know that I have a Hemi. Thank you!

56 Pontiac

Reaction score
Installed a Thunderstruck grill guard

4145c1778dab3ad8803c96ac1082f600.jpg
Holy Cr@p! Some weenie econobox hogging the left lane see that in their rear view mirror, I bet they move over right quick!

Dave

broman66

Reaction score
View attachment 128613
View attachment 128614
Finally got around to tinting mirror signal and installed my bed rug today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How hard is the Bed Rug install with the stock cargo tie down rails and bed lights? It really looks nice and I bet your stuff doesn't slide around while driving. I throw large peices of cardboard down for now, but it gets beat up pretty bad.

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I am looking for exhaust suggestions for a 2020 Ram 1500. Nothing really loud, just want to know that I have a Hemi. Thank you!

A few guys seem to be seeking out the G/T exhaust. Tho it’s not super available it has the idea you’re looking for I think. Great sound on cold starts, nice rumble but not obnoxious, zero drone in mds. I love it personally.

MoreOvalteenPlz

Reaction score
It’s entertaining to see the input from members in other regions of the country regarding the grill guard. Here in Oklahoma, grill guards and full replacement bumpers are quite common to see on pickup trucks, for various reasons.

I'm curious about the reason for this choice. History of collisions? Part of the armed forces? Your daughter just got her first boyfriend?

It seems a bit excessive to me, but your reason could be a good one.(y)

The boyfriend question made me chuckle. To be honest, the main reason is because I prefer the look!

It looks like it weighs 300lbs. Not something I would be interested in, but it would come in handy for the next wave of protests riots.

It does weigh around 200lbs. It’s much stouter than the Ranch Hand I had on my ‘13 RAM, which weighed about 120lbs. It did drop my front end down another 9/16”, giving me almost 3 inches of rake now . The Bilstein 5100’s I initially ordered in January can’t come soon enough!

mike146

Reaction score
How hard is the Bed Rug install with the stock cargo tie down rails and bed lights? It really looks nice and I bet your stuff doesn't slide around while driving. I throw large peices of cardboard down for now, but it gets beat up pretty bad.
I use a deezee bed mat. Made of rubber and only covers the bottom. Better for knees, nothing moved around. I put it over the spray in bed liner so didn't need an entire "bed rug" set up. I believe bed rug has a similar item if you prefer the carpet type mat.

I purchased from @accessoryparts on this forum.

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It’s entertaining to see the input from members in other regions of the country regarding the grill guard. Here in Oklahoma, grill guards and full replacement bumpers are quite common to see on pickup trucks, for various reasons.

The boyfriend question made me chuckle. To be honest, the main reason is because I prefer the look!

It does weigh around 200lbs. It’s much stouter than the Ranch Hand I had on my ‘13 RAM, which weighed about 120lbs. It did drop my front end down another 9/16”, giving me almost 3 inches of rake now . The Bilstein 5100’s I initially ordered in January can’t come soon enough!
I come from a small city very rural. I remember as a kid you could not see a truck without a grill guard/bull bar. Now that I go visit I don't see that many. I always thought those were super cool. Some times I think about adding a slim bull bar.

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Well actual replacement bumpers like ranch hands and what not, actually can withstand a good hit. Those bolt on guards can actually cause more damage in a crash as they just bend back into and damage the body work/lights. Seen it happen a lot.

Lots of oil fields around me, used to see those types a lot. Then they all moved to full bumpers.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I will say that’s one of the better looking ones.. normally when I see ranch hand grills I think eww unless it’s a truck that actually requires one which most aren’t lol but that does look pretty good. Not better then without one but good if you have to have one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Users who are viewing this thread