5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Bigdumps

Reaction score
Had my entire truck covered in ppf. I don't know if it's just soft paint on these 22's, but 2 drive thru car washes later and the box in front of the wheels around the wheel well looked liked I was side swiped. Silver streaking through, both sides and front fender.
3 previous black rams, same car wash, never seen a issue. Had it polished and got a crazy good deal (in Canada anyway) on the full wrap. Tinted the red on the third brake light and swapped the bulbs for led.

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Mine just started doing it a couple weeks ago and it's already driving me insane.

Have you tried backing it out a little.

I’ve noticed it only happened at some stations, so thinking either the pump pressure is higher or the back pressure sensor is more sensitive so it acts like the tank is full and it triggers the auto shut off. But if I bring the nozzle back out a bit it stops.

(Note that was on my Sierra, hasn’t happened on my ram ‘yet’ )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
the butt crack tailgate!!
gmc/chevy had a better idea IMO!!!

Completely disagree. I had one. It had some nice features but not all are actually usable. AND you actually have the ability to smash your tailgate down onto your trailer hitch if the little top section drops while you have a hitch on or your trailer hooked up. (Say someone inadvertently hits the gate drop button)

THIS tailgate gets completely Out of your way when towing so you can get in without unhooking. AND when you’re now towing it gets out of your way when lifting heavy stuff into the bed and you don’t have to hyper extend over the tailgate and then push the compressor or generator or cast pump into the bed off the tailgate either.

Granted, this is subjective, and all how YOU use YOUR truck but personally, I have not used it as a traditional tailgate yet. Haha

The butt crack is a small price, for the function IMO. So my big girl has a big butt with a butt crack. It’s accurate. (Or crackurate** as it were )

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So they “fixed” it but also did not fix it at the same time. They realigned the door so it’s not rubbing any longer. However, I think my problem was created because my left door doesn’t close very easily and I was getting in/out of my truck to close/reclose my MFT. Eventually using a lot of force to close it out of frustration. Now that it’s aligned properly I’m thinking it will go out of alignment again because of the force that I’m having to use to close it as I’m still having that issue.

At 2:45 this guy is basically closing the MFT like a car door whereas I have to slam it in.

Edit - just searched the forum and others have reported that the MFT will settle in after a few weeks so I’m going to just use it more and see if my luck follows.

Yeah I notice I have to really give that left gate a firm close or the open light comes on. What I’ve started doing tho is closing it by the bottom of the gate where the latch actually is, instead of the top where it feels kinda “flimsy.”

I wonder if it acts differently with a cover on it. Won’t know for a month or so.

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I thought you were kidding, but I looked it up. Tint is illegal in NJ, VT, and NH. Ridiculous.

Yup and in MA we can only do something like 30% tint (70% light transmission) and they constantly bust your balls on that with their little pocket meters if you get stopped.

Klicht87

Reaction score
the butt crack tailgate!!
gmc/chevy had a better idea IMO!!!
I actually use my MFT more than what I thought. Makes it easy to load and unload because you are closer to the bed. I did see the commercials for GMs but I'm not sure if I'd use it in those functions. Then again, I thought that about RAM's. GM's does look better.

MidnightExpre$$

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I thought you were kidding, but I looked it up. Tint is illegal in NJ, VT, and NH. Ridiculous.
It being illegal doesn't stop anyone in NJ. Also, no one gets stopped just because of their window tint. They get stopped for their unsafe lane changes or excessive speed and then get the "add-on" ticket for their window tint.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
GMs attempt sucks comparably, IMO. They tried to do too much with it. And didn't solve the issue of having to reach over an open tailgate to reach stuff
sure they did the shelf folds down almost level with bed, no issue reaching in and it has an extended step
it can even fold down with a trailer hooked up but not as easy as ram
saw one in action very nice

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
sure they did the shelf folds down almost level with bed, no issue reaching in and it has an extended step
it can even fold down with a trailer hooked up but not as easy as ram
saw one in action very nice
I've messed with both types of tailgates. Rams MFT is more useful for day to day use. GM tried to get too gimmicky with theirs. And Ram has a bed step for used with the MFT that folds up out of the way.

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I actually use my MFT more than what I thought. Makes it easy to load and unload because you are closer to the bed. I did see the commercials for GMs but I'm not sure if I'd use it in those functions. Then again, I thought that about RAM's. GM's does look better.

Agreed GMs looks better but rams is more practical/useful for most people I'm assuming. People also aren't mentioning that if you want to fully transform your GM tailgate it's going to take 10-20 seconds, where I can use the MFT in either position very quickly and with only one press. I've seen a bunch of those GM tailgates but have yet to see anyone using one other than to show it off, I don't even use my truck as a truck much but the MFT is one of our favorite/most used features.

It doesn't allow as much access/reach that the ram does (and even then only in the center part gets anywhere close, not all the way across the tailgate), even with my MFT and short bed I can barely reach the front of the bed to get something, those things would be out of reach with the GM tail gate. Plus no need for a step with the tailgate open barn door style, I can run right up into my bed with just the center of the bumper at that point.

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've messed with both types of tailgates. Rams MFT is more useful for day to day use. GM tried to get too gimmicky with theirs. And Ram has a bed step for used with the MFT that folds up out of the way.
Same here in Cali. 20% on side windows and 55% on the windshield. Never been stopped.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The law in Ohio is 50% for the front two side windows but I've never heard of anyone getting stopped just for tint. They may stop you for something else and add it on.

Even the clear front windows have some tint built into them from the factory so if you put 50% tint over them you are still technically illegal since your adding to what is already from the factory.

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The law in Ohio is 50% for the front two side windows but I've never heard of anyone getting stopped just for tint. They may stop you for something else and add it on.

Even the clear front windows have some tint built into them from the factory so if you put 50% tint over them you are still technically illegal since your adding to what is already from the factory.
California is absolutely no tint on front windows or windshield

Nsleone

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Fueled up the truck today, they raised the dollar limit from $150 to $175 at Costco

Attachments

• 6399F5F9-54FF-4BB5-BD81-6455FA7060EB.jpeg
    6399F5F9-54FF-4BB5-BD81-6455FA7060EB.jpeg
    118.2 KB · Views: 81

Users who are viewing this thread