5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Derek916

Reaction score
Getting my MFT fixed today. Fortunately i was able to replicate the door scraping. Unfortunately, they said they’ve been hearing a lot of complaints about the gas nozzle getting stuck at Costco, including my serviceman. He said to try other stations and if not they’ll replace my gas neck.

I got stuck today but was able to unjam it in about 5 seconds thanks to YouTube. After tank is filled of nozzle is stuck I lift the pump up and push nozzle further in a few times and eventually it releases.

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
It's also funny they started removing them from the package (and I agree probably for the reason you mentioned) once the mirrors actually became available with the features it was previously missing/would exclude you from. I'm not sure if that's on all trim levels but I know for the longhorn/limiteds now the tow mirrors don't make you miss out on anything, but I believe it's the same standalone option when ordering now too as oppose to them being included in the tow package.

Glad they finally fixed that issue because I do love the tow mirrors but wanted the extras with them, sucks they were so horrible with their timing of offering them properly.
I believe Laramie and up always had optional tow mirrors with those features, but the bighorns and possibly rebels did not!

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I believe Laramie and up always had optional tow mirrors with those features, but the bighorns and possibly rebels did not!

If we are referring to the same features, the longhorn/limited (probably laramie as well?) did actually lose power fold and 360 degree camera abilities with the tow mirrors for 2019/2020. That finally changed in 2021 but it's funny how they got that timing exactly wrong for how to offer the tow mirrors. I recall a lot of unhappy people on here buying the top trim levels but not having those power fold/360 due to ordering the towing package.

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Getting my MFT fixed today. Fortunately i was able to replicate the door scraping. Unfortunately, they said they’ve been hearing a lot of complaints about the gas nozzle getting stuck at Costco, including my serviceman. He said to try other stations and if not they’ll replace my gas neck.

I got stuck today but was able to unjam it in about 5 seconds thanks to YouTube. After tank is filled of nozzle is stuck I lift the pump up and push nozzle further in a few times and eventually it releases.
Let us know what they do to your MFT to "fix" it. very curious to hear!

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Interestingly, I have the Trailer Tow Group and the regular power folding mirrors. It may or may not be because of the GT package, either way I think its the best of both worlds - All the things I wanted for towing, with the smaller power/heated mirrors.

If I never do any towing / using a trailer, is there any benefit in adding the trailer-tow group to my truck build order?
Even if you never use it, the fact that it is there may make the truck a little more valuable when you decide to sell it or trade it in.
Same here. I like the smaller mirrors for looks.

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I'd rather have this problem than the one I have. The nozzle clicks every 5 damn seconds.

Derek916

Reaction score
Let us know what they do to your MFT to "fix" it. very curious to hear!
So they “fixed” it but also did not fix it at the same time. They realigned the door so it’s not rubbing any longer. However, I think my problem was created because my left door doesn’t close very easily and I was getting in/out of my truck to close/reclose my MFT. Eventually using a lot of force to close it out of frustration. Now that it’s aligned properly I’m thinking it will go out of alignment again because of the force that I’m having to use to close it as I’m still having that issue.

At 2:45 this guy is basically closing the MFT like a car door whereas I have to slam it in.

Edit - just searched the forum and others have reported that the MFT will settle in after a few weeks so I’m going to just use it more and see if my luck follows.

Last edited:

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
So they “fixed” it but also did not fix it at the same time. They realigned the door so it’s not rubbing any longer. However, I think my problem was created because my left door doesn’t close very easily and I was getting in/out of my truck to close/reclose my MFT. Eventually using a lot of force to close it out of frustration. Now that it’s aligned properly I’m thinking it will go out of alignment again because of the force that I’m having to use to close it as I’m still having that issue.

At 2:45 this guy is basically closing the MFT like a car door whereas I have to slam it in.

Edit - just searched the forum and others have reported that the MFT will settle in after a few weeks so I’m going to just use it more and see if my luck follows.
the butt crack tailgate!!
gmc/chevy had a better idea IMO!!!

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I see all of you guys with your tinted windows and I am so jealous. Tinting the fronts is illegal where I live.:(

Users who are viewing this thread