5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Took it to detail shop that did my ceramic coating and had their winter "desalting" wash done. Then picked up 12 bags of mulch for the yard.

titan3636

Reaction score
Went to put on mud flaps and realized the previous owner must have made some wheel well “mods” to fit the 35s on there. Turned out to be a no-go since half the area to screw them into is gone 😂 DD3C49DE-C8E9-4C66-BDC2-0E8FD8721ECD.jpeg 6C983C55-7844-4513-BF0E-44D00101F89A.jpeg 35ABE7BB-1A08-42CE-8668-8550767923A4.jpeg

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

titan3636

Reaction score
Yeah I wasn’t sure but for $35 on Amazon I was gonna see how much it helped. Especially when I get rid of these loud mud tires

ferraiolo1

Reaction score
And amount of tire you have sticking out past the fender exacerbates the amount of crap you get in your truck. Even if you added large flaps it wouldn’t do much. Nor will changing tires. You’d have to change wheels or add massive fender flares to make a difference.

One of the main reason I gave up on my - offset wheels

Got tired of cleaning my Truck every time I went over a puddle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah I wasn’t sure but for $35 on Amazon I was gonna see how much it helped. Especially when I get rid of these loud mud tires
I have a set that I need to return (husky liners). I got them off Amazon, with many of the reviews swearing by them, but they did not fit.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
d.
I have a set that I need to return (husky liners). I got them off Amazon, with many of the reviews swearing by them, but they did not fit.
Gotta make sure you ordered the right ones either with or without fender flares.

30AughtTex

Reaction score
Installed step bars, probably the only real mod I'm doing to this truck. Possibly a bed cover too at some point.

I'm all modded out from previous trucks, now I just want something quiet and comfortable for daily driving!

20220422_102026.jpg

Tesla

Reaction score
If I never do any towing / using a trailer, is there any benefit in adding the trailer-tow group to my truck build order?

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
If I never do any towing / using a trailer, is there any benefit in adding the trailer-tow group to my truck build order?
No, there’s no mechanical differences. On my 2019 it was only tow mirrors and the trailer brake controller. Is it the same features for 2022?

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No, there’s no mechanical differences. On my 2019 it was only tow mirrors and the trailer brake controller. Is it the same features for 2022?
I don't even have the tow group and still got the trailer brake controller.

HemiDude

Reaction score
Interestingly, I have the Trailer Tow Group and the regular power folding mirrors. It may or may not be because of the GT package, either way I think its the best of both worlds - All the things I wanted for towing, with the smaller power/heated mirrors.

Even if you never use it, the fact that it is there may make the truck a little more valuable when you decide to sell it or trade it in.

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
I don't even have the tow group and still got the trailer brake controller.
Yeah you can get it as a standalone option as well! In 2019 I think you had to get the tow pack in order to get it, not positive though.

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Interestingly, I have the Trailer Tow Group and the regular power folding mirrors. It may or may not be because of the GT package, either way I think its the best of both worlds - All the things I wanted for towing, with the smaller power/heated mirrors.

Even if you never use it, the fact that it is there may make the truck a little more valuable when you decide to sell it or trade it in.
I actually just looked it up and for 2022 the tow pack doesn’t include the tow mirrors! I think because so many people complained that the tow pack got rid of the power folding/heated mirrors Ram decided to make them a standalone option so that only the people that really want the tow mirrors get them. I love my tow mirrors but it’s so stupid to me that the bighorn tow mirrors aren’t power folding or heated!

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I actually just looked it up and for 2022 the tow pack doesn’t include the tow mirrors! I think because so many people complained that the tow pack got rid of the power folding/heated mirrors Ram decided to make them a standalone option so that only the people that really want the tow mirrors get them. I love my tow mirrors but it’s so stupid to me that the bighorn tow mirrors aren’t power folding or heated!

It's also funny they started removing them from the package (and I agree probably for the reason you mentioned) once the mirrors actually became available with the features it was previously missing/would exclude you from. I'm not sure if that's on all trim levels but I know for the longhorn/limiteds now the tow mirrors don't make you miss out on anything, but I believe it's the same standalone option when ordering now too as oppose to them being included in the tow package.

Glad they finally fixed that issue because I do love the tow mirrors but wanted the extras with them, sucks they were so horrible with their timing of offering them properly.

Users who are viewing this thread