5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Welp, was in the process of ordering a TRX through Koons over the last week and a half. Everything signed, just waiting for the link to pay the deposit. Get an email this morning that it won’t be able to be registered under the business like originally agreed on, so they’ll have to change all the papers to a personal name rather than business. Checked with a local dealership and it’ll be about a $3k difference between their price and Koons price, and they’ll let me do it under business

Hoping everything goes smooth through them
check mark dodge

Derek916

Reaction score
Has anyone experienced issues with getting the fuel pump nozzle out of their gas tank? I've had this happen on two of my four fill ups now (one at costco and other Shell) in California. The nozzle catches onto something in the filler and I basically have to wiggle it out for three minutes both times. How the hell do I properly pump gas?

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Has anyone experienced issues with getting the fuel pump nozzle out of their gas tank? I've had this happen on two of my four fill ups now (one at costco and other Shell) in California. The nozzle catches onto something in the filler and I basically have to wiggle it out for three minutes both times. How the hell do I properly pump gas?
funny you say this.... it used to happen with my Sierra like 8x out of 10. And you kinda have to wiggle it and try different angles to get it out cuz some nozzles have a little ridge on them, and when they do it can mess with the filler door and the anti syphon door that are in there depending on the design. it's only happened with my Ram once so far, but i find that twisting it and changing the angle lets it free... just try not to yank it out with a lot of force (as that is my instinct haha.)

MurphBigHorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I haven’t had it that stuck. But have notice it seems like it gets caught of the door on the spring or lip area. So I never stick it in that far any more. Just stick it in until the spring gets close to the door and pump.
12a2d5d7753dcf622e8dc79803739d92.jpg

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
in my years driving it has only happened once to me at a chevron station, took that as a sign I shouldn't be buying from more expensive gas stations 😅

U

User_63152

I sealed up my (completely dried out) previously leaky Recon 3rd brake light (let the RTV silicone set for 3 days) and reinstalled it. I also put silicone on top of the screws to seal those, too. We'll see how it works out. 🤞

I really do like this light, so, I decided to give it another chance.

By the way, these are made in Taiwan, not China. So it says on the back.

Attachments

• IMG_1771.jpg
    IMG_1771.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_1766.jpg
    IMG_1766.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_1769.jpg
    IMG_1769.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_1770.jpg
    IMG_1770.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_1767.jpg
    IMG_1767.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 142

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
A few new goodies installed... Mopar Tow Hook and Bezel kit and Rough Country 20" Hidden Lightbar kit!
The tow hooks are certainly on my list for this year. Mind sharing where you got them?

Derek916

Reaction score
I haven’t had it that stuck. But have notice it seems like it gets caught of the door on the spring or lip area. So I never stick it in that far any more. Just stick it in until the spring gets close to the door and pump.
12a2d5d7753dcf622e8dc79803739d92.jpg
Yeah... California has special nozzles though.
1650573484489.jpeg

Ram-a-Kin

Reaction score
Picked up my new Limited last week and in between the rain and snow was able to add a few things: Leer HF650 tonneau and Bedrug XL (thanks @Accessory.Parts ); Husky floor liners and mud guards, AVS Bugflector II and window deflectors (all from Amazon Warehouse); KYKR Tempered Glass Protector; color-match front bumper plug (thanks @Acogs91) and 305/45 22 Toyo Open Country AT III. Lovin her so far!

Derek916

Reaction score
Ahh. Never seen that lol
Here's an example of a 2018 Ram with the same issue. It was supposed to be fixed with the new model body but yeah....that video is basically me but a lot less muscle than that guy, hahaha.

blind prophet

Reaction score
Have you guys seen these people : Green Diesel Engineering - Diesel Performance Tuning Products USA
I'm going to be a diesel Rebel owner in a few weeks time ( hopefully, if it gets built on time ).
On the one hand I'm nervous about messing with the engine computer on a nearly 70k truck, but what they describe on the GDE site sounds kinda compelling. I'd have to chew on it for a while before pulling the trigger though. There are guys on other forums for the Ecodiesel who seem pretty confident that tunes are safe and greatly improve the truck
check out ram1500diesel.com

WFO2

Reaction score
Ram-a-Kin can you send me a link for that KYKR Tempered Glass Protector . Looking for one to fit my 2022 8.1 screen .

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
A few new goodies installed... Mopar Tow Hook and Bezel kit and Rough Country 20" Hidden Lightbar kit!
Question on your limited. When you installed your hidden light bar, was that bottom grill separate into 2 pieces?

My 22 big horn bottom grill did not separate into 2 pieces, so I had to order thr lower grill that was vented.

My 2021 rebel bottom grill could separate by clips that exposed the vented side so it was see through.

Just trying to figure out why some are 2 pieces, and others aren't

2022 Ram Big Horn Back Country
2016 Dodge Charger scat pack
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

Users who are viewing this thread