5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
In your what?
iu

:ROFLMAO:
LOL I was hoping someone else would get a kick out of that!

eye exaggerate

Reaction score
A dagger, I tells ya

Neighbour down the street: you took the decals off of your truck, how come?

Me: because this is a 19 that I traded for my 14 and haven’t done them yet (inside voice - this thing was twice the price, ffs 😁)

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Installed Suspension Maxx end links using @Waterfowler41's how to video. Install only took about 45 minutes. Front end feels more responsive now that my stabilizer bar is back to where its supposed to be.

Mevotech lowers go on next week. OEM lower ball joints already have excessive play 😡.

EDIT: installed polyurethane bushings as well.

PXL_20220414_203245518.jpg
PXL_20220414_210635419.jpg PXL_20220414_210708928.jpg
PXL_20220414_214254359.jpg

Last edited:

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Passed 40,000! Not driving it as much nowadays though, the Benz is way cheaper to drive.
I actually thought about test driving an eco diesel today, never thought about it before but it sure would save some money with gas prices like this! Thoughts?
There are savings still, even with diesel being much more expensive. If you do your own maintenance and use an aftermarket oil filter, the cost matches the hemi oil changes. The thing that remains to be seen is the longevity of emissions related parts on the ecodiesel. The exhaust SCR system is going to fail. It’s just a fact of life. If you were only going to keep the truck for four or five years then it’s not a concern. There’s a lot of things to weigh into it. I thought it was worth it and I don’t regret my decision at all.

70runner

Reaction score
There are savings still, even with diesel being much more expensive. If you do your own maintenance and use an aftermarket oil filter, the cost matches the hemi oil changes. The thing that remains to be seen is the longevity of emissions related parts on the ecodiesel. The exhaust SCR system is going to fail. It’s just a fact of life. If you were only going to keep the truck for four or five years then it’s not a concern. There’s a lot of things to weigh into it. I thought it was worth it and I don’t regret my decision at all.
Concur. DIY my first oil/filter change few weeks ago, used the Mopar filter (bought several from dieselfiltersonline.com) . ED with 33 tank, and 27+mpg freeway equals over 800mi range, roughly double that of any truck I've ever owned. Diesel in the People's Republik is not much more than premium, everything is pricey.

Nsleone

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah im certainly a Do It Myself kind of guy and that emissions garbage is a turn off, but with prices how they are a diesel motor getting 30mpg is comparable to a gas car that gets 24, I get 17.5...
I really wish that 5.0 Cummins ended up in the 1500, now that would be an awesome matchup.
It was supposed to happen, then 2008 screwed it all up.

Gary1243

Reaction score
I did the simplest of things today with help from fellow member posts. I have a nice Garmin with lifetime updates, but found out my trucks 12V plug on the dash was always on when plugged in. I only wanted it to work when the ignition was activated. A quick search on this forum found the post(s) on just sliding the fuse to the right one notch and voila! Now it only operates when the ignition is activated. Took me like 15 minutes. Also for those who care the cover was labeled battery so it was done correctly at the factory. It also is in the owners manual once I looked closely, but the explanation and pictures on the post were much better.

I know it sounds trivial, but I don't know how many times I have done one of those simple, inexpensive fixes and have it end up taking way more time and costing way more money!

Kamper

Reaction score
Installed Suspension Maxx end links using @Waterfowler41 how to video. Install only took about 45 minutes. Front end feels more responsive now that my stabilizer bar is back to where its supposed to be.

Mevotech lowers go on next week. OEM lower ball joints already have excessive play 😡.

EDIT: installed polyurethane bushings as well.

View attachment 126377
View attachment 126374 View attachment 126375
View attachment 126376

those MAXX links look beautiful. Curious. -where did you order the polyurethane bushings? I think Im gonna get those links/bushings and have my shop guy get em in. THANKS

jimothy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I know it sounds trivial, but I don't know how many times I have done one of those simple, inexpensive fixes and have it end up taking way more time and costing way more money!
Sometimes, the trivial mods are the best. I learned here about raising the exhaust tips, a two minute change with a wrench, and I was super excited. Easy and free! I love it.

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
those MAXX links look beautiful. Curious. -where did you order the polyurethane bushings? I think Im gonna get those links/bushings and have my shop guy get em in. THANKS
They are much sexier than the OEM links lol.

Here's the link for the bushings. They fit perfect. I have to credit @JayBee2019 for the trial and error in his search for the correct bushings.

Energy Suspension 5.5160G 36mm Front Sway Bar Bushing Set Amazon.com: Energy Suspension 5.5160G 36mm Front Sway Bar Bushing Set : Automotive

jimothy

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Nsleone

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sometimes, the trivial mods are the best. I learned here about raising the exhaust tips, a two minute change with a wrench, and I was super excited. Easy and free! I love it.
So umm… can you point me in the direction of that thread please! I’d like my tips to sit s little closer to the bumper!

silverWS6

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Right after I post about easy and free mods, I see your Stealth Fighter bumper. I absolutely don’t need to a new bumper, but darn, that looks good! If they had a straight forward way of putting in fog lights in the side cutouts, I probably would have caved by now.

Tempted…
Thats the only thing that I don't like about it. Another member made some brackets and installed some behind the mesh. I actually have some in the garage already but just need some time to rig them up!

Users who are viewing this thread