5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Washed the winter away as the Northern guys would say. Not so much a thing living in Florida but Ive been in the road working for the last 2 months without a wash so it was necessary even though its going to storm the next few days. Left the wheels and wheel well alone for another day once I pick up so other products. Did a quick ceramic topper using gtechniq c2v3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Nsleone

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Over the last few weeks I’ve been hearing like a gurgling / tick sound when I just start coasting, but as soon as I touch the gas pedal the sound goes away. Since yesterday I’ve been doing the gear limit trick to disable MDS and haven’t had the sound come back since
Mine makes that noise all the time in MDS but I’ve got an aftermarket intake and muffler so I expected it to, there could be a bunch of reasons why yours is: how old is the oil? Did the motor just break in finally? Any mods?

Nsleone

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Passed 40,000! Not driving it as much nowadays though, the Benz is way cheaper to drive.
I actually thought about test driving an eco diesel today, never thought about it before but it sure would save some money with gas prices like this! Thoughts?

Attachments

• 6DD84FC8-C502-4E08-8554-B205EA5386A9.jpeg
    6DD84FC8-C502-4E08-8554-B205EA5386A9.jpeg
    95.8 KB · Views: 40

Nikdfish

Reaction score
Ran the $99 GPS map update today after the FedEx guy dropped it off. Had to do a Uconnect SW update first. A bit of an involved process with the web based activation code step, but eventually got it all done. The package with the map update included a separate USB drive for the SW update.off

Tip: if the request code is different from the one you used to get the activation code on line, don't worry. The activation code that was generated will still work OK. The request code changes each time the update app initiates.

Last edited:

mike146

Reaction score
Passed 40,000! Not driving it as much nowadays though, the Benz is way cheaper to drive.
I actually thought about test driving an eco diesel today, never thought about it before but it sure would save some money with gas prices like this! Thoughts?
Don't be so sure about that. First you have cost of engine and added cost of maintenance. 2nd, right now in NY I have seen Diesel almost a dollar more than 87, and about 50 to 60 cents more than 89. Not doing the math, but is the mpg going to make up those differences. If the answer is yes, then go with the diesel.

MurphBigHorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Over the last few weeks I’ve been hearing like a gurgling / tick sound when I just start coasting, but as soon as I touch the gas pedal the sound goes away. Since yesterday I’ve been doing the gear limit trick to disable MDS and haven’t had the sound come back since

I still say you have a exhaust leak. Your video you posted sounded like that to me.

Nsleone

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Don't be so sure about that. First you have cost of engine and added cost of maintenance. 2nd, right now in NY I have seen Diesel almost a dollar more than 87, and about 50 to 60 cents more than 89. Not doing the math, but is the mpg going to make up those differences. If the answer is yes, then go with the diesel.
Yeah once you penny and nickel it, doesn’t make sense, but I’ve never driven an eco diesel I’m curious how they perform. I’m at 5.17 for diesel, 4.29 for 93 at Costco, if I was running 87 in the truck it’d be much less, I think 3.89 (Costco). I’m a diesel guy all the way, but then I hear v8 Hemi noises and I forget 🤣

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
DO NOT TEST DRIVE THE TRX unless you're ready to spend the money. Because the from minute you experience the TRX's power, you'll never be able to look at your regular Hemi the same way again.
I’d second that. I’m going from my previous truck which was a 2006 Ram 2500 with a far from stock 5.9 Cummins with 600 HP and over 1100 ftlbs torque to my current 2020 Ram with the Hemi. I yawn every time I drive it, even after almost 2 years. It’s a boring drive. I really hate not having the power.

broman66

Reaction score
True, but sometimes making theft slightly more inconvenient is enough. I lived in that house for several more years, and never had my wheels stolen again. That’s not definitive proof the locks stopped the theft, but it’s a simple, low tech, and inexpensive deterrent.
I've heard stories that if you have lug locks, the thieves just smash your window and grab the lug-key out of the glove box (where 95% of owners keep them). Now you have smashed windows to deal with too. if not in the glove bow, then they are probably in the center console. You have to store them in the truck in case you get a flat and need to remove a wheel.

Phantom_h60

Reaction score
I've heard stories that if you have lug locks, the thieves just smash your window and grab the lug-key out of the glove box (where 95% of owners keep them). Now you have smashed windows to deal with too. if not in the glove bow, then they are probably in the center console. You have to store them in the truck in case you get a flat and need to remove a wheel.
Yeah, I don't want smashed windows. If they want my wheels, they can have them. I have insurance. I never have cared for wheel locks. I also have never had my wheels stolen, only radios and speakers (in my older cars),. Fortunately, I don't live in a high crime city anymore.

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
People suck. I guess I’ll remove the lock nuts and get a Trunk Monkey instead.

Trykonkid11

Reaction score
IMG_2064.jpg
Found a seller on EBay that had the blacked out hood badges. Put them on this morning. Went with the non eTorque only because I hate the blue color they use.
Finally got rid of the only chrome on the truck. Still don’t understand why it had chrome badges on the hood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Du
Du hast
Du hast mich

Du
Du hast
Du hast mich

Du
Du hast
Du hast mich

Du
Du hast
Du hast mich

Du
Du hast
Du hast mich
Du hast mich
Du hast mich gefragt
Du hast mich gefragt
Du hast mich gefragt und ich hab nichts gesagt

View attachment 126322
Ah, I see there's another Rammstein fan here...

blazenlo

Reaction score
I think a small one of those would fit in my Du-Ha
In your what?
iu

:ROFLMAO:

Users who are viewing this thread