5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Lol, if you can find one. But it's starting to sound like there are more available now. Lots of people backing out of orders (because they can't afford the gas). I'm starting to hear that the insane markups are softening.
Maybe I can get one

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Lol, if you can find one. But it's starting to sound like there are more available now. Lots of people backing out of orders (because they can't afford the gas). I'm starting to hear that the insane markups are softening.
always seems to have been 2 at my dealer... an ignition in the show room and one outside. But i sorta got the impression they don't even want you grabbing the door handle if you're not "there for a TRX" haha

MurphBigHorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Put the girl to work today. Getting great mpg too. Had to stop on the half way mark home. Forgot to grab 1 bag of mulch I was short on. Roughly 1200 pounds. Plus 3 kids and the wife with me.
fce52be7c75996cb50acc70e0ede37dc.jpg

7785dd6df475e40ca187c2f114a775b6.jpg

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Likely more stressful in LA (assuming it’s fairly busy) as opposed to nighttime in Winnipeg 😁

-if my truck was levelled even a little bit there’s no way it would make it unscathed
certainly not fun to drive at certain hours, plus limited or overprice parking. single lane streets, one way streets that use to be 4 lanes open are now only 2 lanes. constant bottle necks.
homeless encampments, bikes, scooters, construction work, etc, etc

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I get that feeling every day when I get home from work...

View attachment 126134
I scraped the side of the shark fin antenna on the test drive on the garage door, sales man was suppose to spot me but didn't even notice or wanted me to damage it and force a sale.
I ask to drive it home to see if I fit. later I took a grinder against a cross member of the door and messed with the opening/closing limits on the door opener and manage to gain enough height for a level kit and 33's.
I didn't want to risk it with any bigger tires. Definitely not 35's
Maybe I will try 34's next tire upgrade

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I scraped the side of the shark fin antenna on the test drive on the garage door, sales man was suppose to spot me but didn't even notice or wanted me to damage it and force a sale.
I ask to drive it home to see if I fit. later I took a grinder against a cross member of the door and messed with the opening/closing limits on the door opener and manage to gain enough height for a level kit and 33's.
I didn't want to risk it with any bigger tires. Definitely not 35's
Maybe I will try 34's next tire upgrade
Yeah, I had to adjust my garage door until it was just about to come out of the tracks at the inside end. My Rambar clears the door by 1/2" now. I just have to take it "real easy" when I pull in.

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah, I had to adjust my garage door until it was just about to come out of the tracks at the inside end. My Rambar clears the door by 1/2" now. I just have to take it "real easy" when I pull in.
same here, sometimes I feel the door is gonna fall/disengage, I also have a width clearance issue. Can't fit with the side mirrors open. So power folding mirrors were a must.
zero street parking

Phantom_h60

Reaction score
I took the RAM in for the P0731 code (improper ratio). They couldn't duplicate the shift issue that set off the CEL. The truck did vibrate from time to time on light acceleration like it was in too high of a gear. They updated the pcm per TSB 18 022 21 and performed a quick learn. They also checked the transmission fluid and took a sample. They drove it 12 miles and nothing popped up. So far so good but I haven't put many miles on it since the update. Seems fine.

Tesla

Reaction score
Anyone know what could be causing the MDS to suddenly become noisy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tesla

Reaction score
Have you by chance disconnected your ANC or your amp? What kind of noise are you experiencing?

Over the last few weeks I’ve been hearing like a gurgling / tick sound when I just start coasting, but as soon as I touch the gas pedal the sound goes away. Since yesterday I’ve been doing the gear limit trick to disable MDS and haven’t had the sound come back since

Last edited:

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I can't say that my MDS ever made a ticking sound. The first thing that comes to my mind when I see that is an exhaust leak. Or maybe spark knock.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Put the girl to work today. Getting great mpg too. Had to stop on the half way mark home. Forgot to grab 1 bag of mulch I was short on. Roughly 1200 pounds. Plus 3 kids and the wife with me.
fce52be7c75996cb50acc70e0ede37dc.jpg

7785dd6df475e40ca187c2f114a775b6.jpg

Laid a yard of dirt then 2 yards of mulch.
View attachment 126230
This always makes me nervous....
View attachment 126231

I've done the same thing, these trucks are more than capable of doing the jobs I need it for. I rented a uhaul trailer with a ramp though when I bought in bulk 6yds topsoil and mulch. Trailer much easier on the back

Users who are viewing this thread