5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Another Money Pit

Reaction score
Today I put my new 3D printed front split on. Side spoiler is ready to painted, also someone I have 3D printed myself. What do you think?
View attachment 125020
View attachment 125021
Åbn billede
Åbn billede
So would you be able to 3d print another splitter but for the active front airdam underneath. I am wondering if you make this part bigger when it folds down at high speeds if it will help a little with mpg's at highway speeds. I know another of people don't like the look of these and remove them when they do a lift but I am in a different case, with my bullbar attached now the mounting brackets looked like crap so I left the front spoiler on and cut around it to hide them.

Rebel 62

Reaction score
Gave it its first rinseless wash with McKees 37 Sio2. Great stuff. Easy to use. Only 3 gals. of water and one oz. of the McKees 37 to do the entire truck. Impressed with the results!

Attachments

• IMG_4406.JPG
    IMG_4406.JPG
    133.4 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_4411.JPG
    IMG_4411.JPG
    221.1 KB · Views: 108

Nova90

Reaction score
Stopped by AWE Tuning to have them install an AWE 0FG cat-back exhaust. They are having some issues with their supplier related to the quality of their last delivery of black tips. We had to push back the install a couple of times while we waited for the black tips. They offered to get the install completed and put the silver ones on for now until the black ones come in. The truck sounds unbelievable. We drove it to our beach house in NJ (a little over 2 hours each way) this weekend and the interior comfort is not compromised one bit...cruised 70-80 on the Atlantic City Expressway with no drone whatsoever...radio on 6...and could still have a conversation in the cab with no problem. Just what I wanted. I wanted to wake it up a bit while not wanting to hang myself after long drives.

IMG_0855.jpg
IMG_0857.jpg
IMG_0858.jpg
IMG_0859.jpg
IMG_0856.jpg

truckless

Reaction score
You buy 3D printMill, and get the print files from me and wupti a month later it's done. 😂:cool::eek:

Yeah, I am wishing now I bought an infinite Z instead of my large volume coreXY. All in all would have been way cheaper to get what I got with far few limitations.

And that Naomi Wu....damn! ;)

56 Pontiac

Reaction score
They actually put the cranking mechanism for the spare at a nice angle so you can get at it even with a trailer hooked up ...
Huh. I did not know that. I was too lazy to look under my truck :rolleyes: but I remember my 2012 Titan no way to get out the spare except from the center rear of the truck so I assumed (yeah know, make an A$$ out of U and ME) would be the same for our Ram.

No need for spare to be extra wide, just needs to be ~same O.D. as the tires on the truck, then I'd say you would be good to go w/ spare in factory location.

Dave

Taegee2

Reaction score
Thought I'd give this phone holder a try. Others I've tried all had some issues...they either didn't hold the phone too well or poor positioning making you look away. Got this on Amazon, from Motrobe, for about $30 (5% off currently). Installs directly in the center dash storage area using the existing 2 Philips screws (need to take out the rubber padding). Couple minutes to install, simple. I didn't use the phone holder the kit came with, I used one I already had, a gravity operated phone holder...phone easily slides in and out and the weight of the phone/gravity holds it in place, plus it matches the black and red Rebel color scheme. You can use any phone holder that has the standard ball joint socket (17mm./.67"). Positions the phone directly above the center screen, so it's at eye level while driving. Feels solid and looks factory installed. Will see how long before I get tired of this and try another (LOL).

Here is the link for anyone interested (Note: this is for the 8.4" screen, there is a different model for the 12" screen):

Attachments

• IMG_0222.JPG
    IMG_0222.JPG
    156.1 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_0223.JPG
    IMG_0223.JPG
    156 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_0225.JPG
    IMG_0225.JPG
    115.8 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_0226.JPG
    IMG_0226.JPG
    128.7 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_0227.JPG
    IMG_0227.JPG
    132 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:

Brunzca

Reaction score
Got quite a bit done this weekend. Swapped out the tweeter and mid components I had in the dash and front doors for CDT Unity widebands in the dash, and CDT 6x9s in the doors. Added some additional sound deadening while I had the door panels off, and ran new wires for the dash speakers, just because. I haven’t been able to properly tune yet, but tuning by ear, those are already a major improvement from the tweeters and mids I had before. Sub box will finally be here tomorrow, so by next weekend, should have that in.
Today was bath day, then a top coat over the existing ceramic for extra protection/gloss, and finally a coat of quick detailer for more beading. Looks good for just going over the one year owned mark.

Attachments

• C36A8319-4513-4010-837C-2128D11896EB.jpeg
    C36A8319-4513-4010-837C-2128D11896EB.jpeg
    187.2 KB · Views: 106
  • E558166B-8396-4F69-8639-A89107E2E6FF.jpeg
    E558166B-8396-4F69-8639-A89107E2E6FF.jpeg
    175.9 KB · Views: 106

Nsleone

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Huh. I did not know that. I was too lazy to look under my truck :rolleyes: but I remember my 2012 Titan no way to get out the spare except from the center rear of the truck so I assumed (yeah know, make an A$$ out of U and ME) would be the same for our Ram.

No need for spare to be extra wide, just needs to be ~same O.D. as the tires on the truck, then I'd say you would be good to go w/ spare in factory location.

Dave
Lol yeah I got ya, the little removable plastic piece between the bumper and tailgate is a little deceiving, when you take that off you put the jack tool in at a 45 degree angle so you can get it out while towing.
The spare is the same diameter ( I believe ) but not so sure the load capacity and traction is there

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
they would get all messed up with the machine they use to tighten the lug nuts
They don't even have to install them. Just include a box of black nuts with every Night Package. Dealer or Buyer could install them, just save the buyer from having to go buy them to make it look right

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
View attachment 125196
Explored the limits of the storage in the center console.

Also tripped the 1000 mile mark….
Haha, nice. I regularly keep a gallon jug of water in the center. A dealbreaker for me is if I can’t fit a 40oz vacuum insulated water bottle in a cup holder of whatever vehicle is my daily driver. I was beside myself when a gallon jug fit perfectly.

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Haha, nice. I regularly keep a gallon jug of water in the center. A dealbreaker for me is if I can’t fit a 40oz vacuum insulated water bottle in a cup holder of whatever vehicle is my daily driver. I was beside myself when a gallon jug fit perfectly.
Then you will never drive an Audi! Apparently the German engineers drink out of sippy cups. You can't fit many of the US sized bottles in any cup holder. Drives me crazy but its my wife's car so what the hell!

Users who are viewing this thread