5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Today I put my new 3D printed front split on. Side spoiler is ready to painted, also someone I have 3D printed myself. What do you think?
View attachment 125020
View attachment 125021
Åbn billede
Åbn billede

Good job, sir.

Nsleone

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well today was eventful, worked the morning, did a Pallet of Mulch in the afternoon and then proceeded to get a flat on the truck while returning the trailer to the hangar…. :(
A glass shard managed to somehow slice the sidewall, I knew these Duelers had soft sidewalks but wow. The glass was tiny too.
I’d like to get a full size spare for this truck, the spare would probably not be fun to use while towing something heavy… 91A0E2F8-6CD5-4A54-8DBC-FAE1653F7BC7.jpeg 3F5CAD4C-BA61-40FF-9C06-73262C33548C.jpeg

56 Pontiac

Reaction score
I’d like to get a full size spare for this truck, the spare would probably not be fun to use while towing something heavy…
@Nsleone - You could keep the (new, fullsize) spare in your shed/garage/hanger then throw it in the truck bed when towing, assume you have roadside assistance (through insurance or whatever) you'd be set to go on the road.

That's what I do for the spare for my boat trailer (had a flat in the middle nowhere middle Florida, spent a whole day finding a new tire correct size, including waiting for tire guy to come back for lunch blah blah blah), afterwards I got a used/good spare wheel/tire from a boat mechanic I know, keep it on floor of shed with boat until I tow it.

Dave

Nsleone

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@Nsleone - You could keep the (new, fullsize) spare in your shed/garage/hanger then throw it in the truck bed when towing, assume you have roadside assistance (through insurance or whatever) you'd be set to go on the road.

That's what I do for the spare for my boat trailer (had a flat in the middle nowhere middle Florida, spent a whole day finding a new tire correct size, including waiting for tire guy to come back for lunch blah blah blah), afterwards I got a used/good spare wheel/tire from a boat mechanic I know, keep it on floor of shed with boat until I tow it.

Dave
I started snooping around here and apparently you can fit a pretty good sized tire under there with little modding so I’ll probably go that route. I like the idea of throwing a full size spare in the bed for long tows but my bed is already 1/3 occupied by the transfer tank so I’m a bit limited on space, I’d rather have it underneath. :)

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
I started snooping around here and apparently you can fit a pretty good sized tire under there with little modding so I’ll probably go that route. I like the idea of throwing a full size spare in the bed for long tows but my bed is already 1/3 occupied by the transfer tank so I’m a bit limited on space, I’d rather have it underneath. :)
You can fit a 35 for sure and I think possibly a 37 if you had it aired way down and possibly a ratchet strap making it slightly oval lol

Nsleone

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You can fit a 35 for sure and I think possibly a 37 if you had it aired way down and possibly a ratchet strap making it slightly oval lol
Oh sweet, I should be able to get a stock wheel & tire combo under there then, thanks!

Nsleone

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@Nsleone - I was thinking it would be a real hassle to try to get at the spare underneath if you have trailer hooked up.

Dave
They actually put the cranking mechanism for the spare at a nice angle so you can get at it even with a trailer hooked up, but yeah if I was going long distance I’d probably throw another spare in the trailer once I get a new set of rims for the truck!

Users who are viewing this thread