5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

FLiPMaRC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
As I said, the number on owners without air ride comaolining are rare compared to those with air ride

This gives me a little bit of hope. I don't have air suspension. I was a little worried about all posts about the stock Goodyear tires wearing out prematurely. I'm around 10k miles with one tire rotation done. So far so good.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
As I said, the number on owners without air ride comaolining are rare compared to those with air ride

I've seen that thread, posted in it, seems to be a mix of all trucks, not just air rides.
I suspect driving style and the tires. My pirellis aren't wearing anything like the goodyears did. My goodyears actually wore worse on the rears across the middle 70% of the tire, like it was slightly over inflated.

I think that was the limited slip being new and tight as I'd hear the inside rear tires when making tight turns but either way, the stock goodyears didn't last me more than 15-20k miles and I pushed them to 25k

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I've seen that thread, posted in it, seems to be a mix of all trucks, not just air rides.
I suspect driving style and the tires. My pirellis aren't wearing anything like the goodyears did. My goodyears actually wore worse on the rears across the middle 70% of the tire, like it was slightly over inflated.

I think that was the limited slip being new and tight as I'd hear the inside rear tires when making tight turns but either way, the stock goodyears didn't last me more than 15-20k miles and I pushed them to 25k
Gotta play with tire pressures to help with tread wear. You can't just go off what the sticker on door says. That's like waiting on the idiot lights to come on to tell you there is a problem

BowDown

Reaction score
Gotta play with tire pressures to help with tread wear. You can't just go off what the sticker on door says. That's like waiting on the idiot lights to come on to tell you there is a problem

I did, 36lbs up to 40, made no discernable difference on wear which seems to be consistent with what everyone else experienced. Some even suggested it was a geometry issue/design flaw which I disagree with, I believe its all in the tire chosen by the OEM for this application.
My new tires have virtually no wear in 10K miles. Discount tire rotated them while repairing a puncture and noted less than 1/10th wear across all 4 tires in that time

1lowcab

Reaction score
do you have a link to the place you got these from?
I bought them on my local dealerships website and did local pickup, I work like 5 miles from their dealership.
With them anyway, if you buy them online you get a deep discount.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I did, 36lbs up to 40, made no discernable difference on wear which seems to be consistent with what everyone else experienced. Some even suggested it was a geometry issue/design flaw which I disagree with, I believe its all in the tire chosen by the OEM for this application.
My new tires have virtually no wear in 10K miles. Discount tire rotated them while repairing a puncture and noted less than 1/10th wear across all 4 tires in that time
You said it was wearing the center of the tread as if it was over inflated. That means you lower tire pressure. I usually run 5-7 psi lower pressure in my rear tires compared to the fronts due to weight distribution being higher in front on a truck

Factory tires usually use a softer tread compound and softer sidewalls to help with ride quality. It's why there is never a tread wear warranty from factory

Tesla

Reaction score
efbf1da010a81de30ff52895b9ab2f0a.jpg

Looks like someone backed into my rear bumper.
Guess it’s totaled, time for a TRX

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BowDown

Reaction score
Polished out some deep scratches in my wheels, one, a free courtesy of discount tire and the other a rock near the edge of my driveway that I got too close too.

Discount tire freebee, I did demand them give me a complete new truck because they damaged the wheel ;)
They said no and wanted 2 days to send it out, I declined

Before.
Gouges were deep enough to catch your finger nail, wet sanded them out with 1000 grit sand paper and water with dish soap in it.
20220119_143136.jpg

After
Polished it out with my porter cable 7424 and a microfiber pad using chemical bros metal polish
20220306_180025.jpg 20220306_180034.jpg

No before of the rock scratch but it was a little worse than discounts, above the valve stem and on the spoke below in the second pic. Only visible mark left is on the edge circled in blue. I may or may not work on that more later.

20220306_180019.jpg 20220306_180040.jpg

Still think discount should have bought me a new truck though...

Attachments

• 20220306_180040.jpg
    20220306_180040.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 26

Psubnutz

Reaction score
Put in my tinted tail lights and opt7 light bar under the tailgate, ground force bed cover(which I don’t like), Got a 3/2 lift going on and some 22x12’s coming in a week or two. Got a set of night edition headlights I gotta get put on also.
How do you like the light bar?

Kewlone2gq

Reaction score
Today was a good day. Played around with my Motorola MA1 car adapter, to see how well it work with my phone and the different apps. Deposited my reimbursement check from FCA, for having to get my rear window tinted again after it being replaced. Had someone come on over to give Rammy a good bath and polishing.

Truck.jpg

Last edited:

HEMIJAKE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thank you! Taping off the outer curves and the inner curved edges of the blind spot sensor cover was a nightmare. I first attempted to trace the curves out with an Exacto knife but felt like I was scratching the sh!t out of the lenses more than anything. I resorted to cutting out tiny strips of masking tape and using the straight edges of the tape to gradually follow the curves. This was painstakingly monotonous and took up about 75% of the entire time I spent on this project. It was a very crude but surprisingly effective method.

10/10 would suffer again lol
They turned out great! For future reference, look for thin line masking tape. You can make tight bends and circles without any bunching. Your local napa or any auto body supply store should have it. Makes life much easier

ferraiolo1

Reaction score
Oh, on a good note, I ordered my Pulsar today without telling my wife. So, we'll see how that goes on the credit card statement. Shout out to @Accessory.Parts for hooking it up, as usual.

Perfect timing too. 93 octane has never been cheaper!

Really the main reason for me not getting one. I had a built trans am back in 08 when premium was this price and it sucked. Luckily I was working at a airport and I got av gas for free.

Last edited:

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Really the main reason for me not getting one. I had a built trans am back in 08 when premium was this price and it sucked. Luckily I was working at a airport and I got av gas for free.

Just found out they won't ship to California, so maybe a blessing in disguise to save me more money lol

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Good thing with Pulsar is you can switch it to stock or economy and not worry about premium fuel

Users who are viewing this thread

• JRD