5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
LOL... So, somewhere a software engineer is laughing. Be better if you were parked in front of the ONE diesel pump. Because that's how these things roll. ;)
Aaaaand this is even more awkward. I’m a software engineer also, so I’m cussing out whoever did this right now.

86F6DFA9-B466-40F3-A96D-56B9BECEFE62.jpeg

Gitter

Reaction score
Bought a Mopar extended warranty since my bumper to bumper ran out last week and I have a feeling I'll need it. Will take me to 92k miles.

Also got my Motorola ma1 in the mail for wireless android auto. Super easy setup, quick connection, and didn't notice any audio quality difference... and I'm picky with my bit rate.

I may get a usb extender and see if I can hide it better. Doesn't look to bad though. Unfortunately, the cable is not removable/replaceable.
f0489a3e275167536a380a9b257557a5.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy S21 Ultra using Tapatalk

I was able to snag one for my wife's Mazda and it works flawlessly!

I am using the AA Wireless adaptor from Kickstarter, but I do not like the app that I have to load onto my phone...it sometimes has conflicts with my phone's VPN that I use for work. So I like how the Motorola has no need to do anything special with your phone. It just works as if I had plugged in the phone directly to the vehicle.

Question - Do you get a popup on your truck's screen saying that "an supported device" is connected? I do with the AA Wireless adaptor when I first start up the truck. I do not like having to hit OK before it displays my AA screen...but I have gotten used to it.

FLiPMaRC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well, this is awkward…I’m sitting at the gas station and this happened.

View attachment 119453
Happened to me last summer. I wasn't paying attention and clicked on OK or Install, I don't remember. I was about 30mins from home. I drove it home anyway :ROFLMAO: Halfway home, the install finished, then restarted and everything was on (y)

Whiskeymike

Reaction score
My wife made cup holder coasters for me. I think the next batch, we are going to change the white to silver/black so it doesn't show the coffee stains as easily.
She bought the coasters, then dye sublimation printed them and used a heat press to transfer the image.

IMG_0717.png IMG_0718.png

Ldc2335

Reaction score
I was able to snag one for my wife's Mazda and it works flawlessly!

I am using the AA Wireless adaptor from Kickstarter, but I do not like the app that I have to load onto my phone...it sometimes has conflicts with my phone's VPN that I use for work. So I like how the Motorola has no need to do anything special with your phone. It just works as if I had plugged in the phone directly to the vehicle.

Question - Do you get a popup on your truck's screen saying that "an supported device" is connected? I do with the AA Wireless adaptor when I first start up the truck. I do not like having to hit OK before it displays my AA screen...but I have gotten used to it.
Nope, no pop up. 8 seconds from when I hit the start button (already remote started) it's connected. Been flawless so far.

I have the aawireless on order, but got tired of waiting.

Sent from my Galaxy S21 Ultra using Tapatalk

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Happened to me last summer. I wasn't paying attention and clicked on OK or Install, I don't remember. I was about 30mins from home. I drove it home anyway :ROFLMAO: Halfway home, the install finished, then restarted and everything was on (y)
That’s good that it worked out. I called Uconnect about it. The first person I talked to was trying to help me, and when I went through my truck’s options, Wi-Fi connected to the truck and my call disconnected. I called back, and the second person that answered instantly said I had to take it to a dealer without even getting the error code from me. I just hung up on them.

New1500customram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My wife made cup holder coasters for me. I think the next batch, we are going to change the white to silver/black so it doesn't show the coffee stains as easily.
She bought the coasters, then dye sublimation printed them and used a heat press to transfer the image.

View attachment 119467 View attachment 119468
Did she print those from a cricket printer?

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hahahah. The funny thing is I had just watched space balls for the 10,000 time and decided on my username. It just happened to work because of the state I am in and the trim level truck I drive. I wanted to do lord helmet but Decided on Lonestar 🤣🤣

If you like mountains Texas is not the state for you. But if you like beaches, lakes, rivers, wide open spaces, great food and freedom this is your state. 😁. As for kolache factory, it is awesome!
Beaches?!?!?

Whiskeymike

Reaction score
Did she print those from a cricket printer?
She has a Cricut, but for this she didn't use it. She has a printer that you print on special paper, and then you can use a heat press (like an iron) and it melts the ink into the fabric. So she bought the foam/fabric coasters and then printed some things on them as a surprise for me.

With the Cricut, you could do something similar using Heat Transfer Vinyl, but it wouldn't be as detailed, since this is basically like an inkjet printer where you can print photo quality.

Users who are viewing this thread