5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

U

User_76295

Got the VLeds LPR installed. Had to trim my license plate to drop the whole thing down to clear the tailgate.

Also worth noting, their license plate frame doesn't seem to work with our trucks.....hmmmm

Anyways, +1 for it being like daylight when I hit reverse now

Picture #4 is from in the driver seat, looking out the rearview mirror with the rear window open. It has 5% tint on top of the privacy glass, so I can't see s**t out there.....lol.

Picture #5 is looking out the passenger window at the side mirror, with it rolled up. Also 5% tint
3b33560d07a29c27895dff5cfe405fa0.jpg
ea460600e1528fa11e840515b562997d.jpg
b3da7f364eaf0389cb651a10b9a707bc.jpg
9e8887152f8a9a7d320f088b0d0d753b.jpg
20e20ae5f81238b7e6232431bbd310d2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G986W using Tapatalk

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
This is another situation where I wish somebody on here was close to me so I could hear the differences in person.

I just thought about something. The audio source’s quality makes a big difference in the overall sound. To get a good view of changes you would need the same audio clip before and after to get a full view of the changes. I usually use an alpine test track.
If you can't tell a difference before and after, even listening to different songs, that you've more than likely heard numerous times, then using the same track wouldn't be much different. I honestly was expecting more of a difference after all the talk about how nice they were.

I also had the factory Alpine system, so maybe there was less difference from that? Hoping I'm not as unimpressed with the CDT 6x9s

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you can't tell a difference before and after, even listening to different songs, that you've more than likely heard numerous times, then using the same track wouldn't be much different. I honestly was expecting more of a difference after all the talk about how nice they were.

I also had the factory Alpine system, so maybe there was less difference from that? Hoping I'm not as unimpressed with the CDT 6x9s
Do you use Bluetooth audio or do you use Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, or AUX input? I noticed some differences when changed out my dash speakers. It wasn’t earth shattering but I felt like it made my music more clear. You may already be aware but bluetooth is subpar for music playback clarity. It doesn’t matter what bit rate your music is downloaded/streamed at if you’re limited by the throughput of bluetooth. If you use a CD or a song at a higher bitrate with a wired connection then you may be able to tell a difference. If this is new to you then find your favorite song of all time, listen to it via Bluetooth, and then immediately listen to it via your aux connection.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Do you use Bluetooth audio or do you use Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, or AUX input? I noticed some differences when changed out my dash speakers. It wasn’t earth shattering but I felt like it made my music more clear. You may already be aware but bluetooth is subpar for music playback clarity. It doesn’t matter what bit rate your music is downloaded/streamed at if you’re limited by the throughput of bluetooth. If you use a CD or a song at a higher bitrate with a wired connection then you may be able to tell a difference. If this is new to you then find your favorite song of all time, listen to it via Bluetooth, and then immediately listen to it via your aux connection.
Yep, this is what I was referring to in my other post. The source quality is going to make a tremendous difference. No streaming service besides Tidal currently offer hi-fi streaming, and that’s going to have an effect on perceived sound of track being played.

Example: While driving, I can play the same song two times in a row on Pandora. They will sound different depending on network connection because the playback algorithms can adjust the bitrate on the fly to keep the highest quality playback for the current network quality.

To overcome this, those variables need to become constant, no matter what track is chosen.

That being said, the infinity speakers are budget, entry-level speakers. They’re not going to win awards at competition. (But that’s not the purpose here anyway)

HK, I’m not trying to put thoughts in your head, but if you did not think the infinity speakers made much of a difference, then you’ll probably be disappointed in the cdt’s also.

Bcryan

Reaction score
I thought the 12's were downfire?
Hows it sound??
Yeah I saw that all they listed was 12 down fire as well. It hits pretty hard, enough that I’m doing An amp and new speakers up front. I was shipped the wrong subs. I have the 2 ohm stable models coming as these are 4 ohm.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Pain in the **** but it’s 40 percent done. Bracket didn’t fit like I thought as my light bar is a little wider then that is recommended. I’ll have to drill out some holes for the bottom screws, wire up the light and then find out how install the top screws on the grill. That’s the hardest part.
Nice. Where are you getting the 12 v for the light bar?

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nice. Where are you getting the 12 v for the light bar?
I'm going to run it off a relay and one of those wireless remote modules so I don't have to run any wire into the cabin. I bought one off Amazon, but I need to figure out how to wire to my liking.

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yep, this is what I was referring to in my other post. The source quality is going to make a tremendous difference. No streaming service besides Tidal currently offer hi-fi streaming, and that’s going to have an effect on perceived sound of track being played.

Example: While driving, I can play the same song two times in a row on Pandora. They will sound different depending on network connection because the playback algorithms can adjust the bitrate on the fly to keep the highest quality playback for the current network quality.

To overcome this, those variables need to become constant, no matter what track is chosen.

That being said, the infinity speakers are budget, entry-level speakers. They’re not going to win awards at competition. (But that’s not the purpose here anyway)

HK, I’m not trying to put thoughts in your head, but if you did not think the infinity speakers made much of a difference, then you’ll probably be disappointed in the cdt’s also.
FWIW, Apple music and Amazon prime music now offers hi-res as well. I'm not sure if it's as high as Tidal but it's an improvement over the standard.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
FWIW, Apple music and Amazon prime music now offers hi-res as well. I'm not sure if it's as high as Tidal but it's an improvement over the standard.
Nice, I’ll start using Amazon music since I already have it

XmikeX

Reaction score
d2c3bc222a14269d245dfd8ff3787823.jpg

That time of year when I get the plastic wheel wells rustproofed….. I sure hope they sprayed both sides equally!
wonder if you could plastidip the wells and get the same outcome or would the plastidip get eaten away.

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Got done with a 12hr trip to Nashville from pa, cruise set at 80, with all the mountains, I’m kinda impressed.

Also when ever I would accept a call my damn radio would freeze and wouldn’t let any music play, only the turn by turn from car play. Had to pull over. Turn the truck off. Wait, and then reboot the radio.

9983e80c94f51b2fca1ac6696c8de404.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Got done with a 12hr trip to Nashville from pa, cruise set at 80, with all the mountains, I’m kinda impressed.

Also when ever I would accept a call my damn radio would freeze and wouldn’t let any music play, only the turn by turn from car play. Had to pull over. Turn the truck off. Wait, and then reboot the radio.

9983e80c94f51b2fca1ac6696c8de404.jpg

That’s strange about the radio, but good job on the gas mileage. I had similar results on the hills near fletcher, nc. I got ever so slightly better gas mileage by not using cruise because I could anticipate inclines instead of maintaining speed up them.

WReckeR

Reaction score
Added OEM power running boards and configured in Alfa. Took about 2-1/2 hours.

75afd79bc561afba657137405c15ab0b.jpg

df914ecdf5bc939e49689c6225334fc2.jpg

12ae2c8b4d77add9505aa33e4577f910.jpg

When I first shopped for my Ram, I thought the power running boards weren't necessary, a bit decadent. However, I have looked at many trucks with fixed boards and all rust terribly over time. I liked that Ram chose a more rust resistant material. Also, once I looked at them in person, I really liked the clean look they present. The actuators and pivot bearings may eventually be fail points, so I'll have to keep an eye on that, but after 8 months of ownership, I really love the PRBs. Great work!

Users who are viewing this thread