5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

HEMIJAKE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a pneumatic tool that is essentially a giant spinning eraser for removing adhesive without harming paint. That being said, I did not have it when I removed the sport stickers from the bed. I literally just used a construction pencil eraser on it and followed it with goo-gone then soapy water. The pencil eraser works wonderfully.
I've heard people have good luck with the spinning eraser thing. I just never thought I needed one. All the stuff I've done before I've done by hand fairly easily. I don't know what the issue was, but it was a real bugger.

I debadged my tailgate the day after I brought truck home from dealer. Badges pulled right off with minimal residue that easily wiped off with some adhesive remover. I used the 3M adhesive remover. The dealership badge was harder and I used the eraser wheel on that.
I did the dealer badge (just vinyl) right after I got it. I just used a hair dryer and a plastic credit card to get it moving. No issues there for me. The badges however, went from a one beer job to a 6 pack job real quick ha.

pmegason

Reaction score
I have a pneumatic tool that is essentially a giant spinning eraser for removing adhesive without harming paint. That being said, I did not have it when I removed the sport stickers from the bed. I literally just used a construction pencil eraser on it and followed it with goo-gone then soapy water. The pencil eraser works wonderfully.
My sport stickers came of with a finger nail and a little tug. All one piece. Maybe it was because I did it in the middle of the summer in Texas and that's pretty much the same as using a heat gun.

photog0611

Reaction score
Did the winter wax job this weekend, already had a couple of snows above 10,000' elev. Next bath planned for next May when it thaws again....
7f3a82497b3cdb43f43f84f180b16496.jpg
bb74050f78ce3051795a8a6d15db889c.jpg
2ca735c4bdd434d48b61e6972911fb76.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
9149b578b510808c002f6030d81f8717.jpg

Put my stock wheels on a little early for winter. I have a 13hr drive to Jack Daniels. Maybe it will get a little better mpg.

Part of me wants to do the 2/4in drop and run these year round

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looks F'n gorgeous!!! makes me miss my truck when I was dropped in the back like that.

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Installed the 3.5" infinity reference speakers in dash. Wasn't an earth shattering difference, but definitely cleaner highs now. Have some CDT 2ohm 6x9s for the doors, but those will have to wait for another day.
I feel the way about the 3.5" speakers. It wasn't earth shattering, but it is clearer. I have to go up a little higher on the volume now too, but oh well it sounds clear.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I feel the way about the 3.5" speakers. It wasn't earth shattering, but it is clearer. I have to go up a little higher on the volume now too, but oh well it sounds clear.
That’s strange that both of you say that, because I would define the change as significant. I wonder what the difference is?

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That’s strange that both of you say that, because I would define the change as significant. I wonder what the difference is?
Not really sure. I was curious if it was polarity at first, but I reversed it and didn't notice a difference.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Looks F'n gorgeous!!! makes me miss my truck when I was dropped in the back like that.
It sounds like you really want those drop springs back on. I called Maxtrac on the phone before I ordered my springs and had a 15 or so minute conversation with the head guy there. Maybe try calling and talking to them about the problems you experienced?

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Not really sure. I was curious if it was polarity at first, but I reversed it and didn't notice a difference.
This is another situation where I wish somebody on here was close to me so I could hear the differences in person.

I just thought about something. The audio source’s quality makes a big difference in the overall sound. To get a good view of changes you would need the same audio clip before and after to get a full view of the changes. I usually use an alpine test track.

Last edited:

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It sounds like you really want those drop springs back on. I called Maxtrac on the phone before I ordered my springs and had a 15 or so minute conversation with the head guy there. Maybe try calling and talking to them about the problems you experienced?
HAHA I've thought about it. I think what really got me to lift my truck in the front is because my truck has the amp steps, when I had it dropped I had a few times it made contact with the edge of the concrete step at my house. In my mind, I was like man these are meant for lifted trucks and it looks odd having a dropped truck with amp steps. LOL oh well.

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is another situation where I wish somebody on here was close to me so I could hear the differences in person.

I just thought about something. The audio source’s quality makes a big difference in the overall sound. To get a good view of changes you would need the same audio clip before and after to get a full view of the changes. I usually use an alpine test track.
Yeah I wish I had someone close by that had a better experience then I did. I recall reading a post that volume of the speakers got much louder after the install. That's why I initially did it. I felt like it wasn't loud enough.

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Yeah I wish I had someone close by that had a better experience then I did. I recall reading a post that volume of the speakers got much louder after the install. That's why I initially did it. I felt like it wasn't loud enough.

Tgryphon

Reaction score
Started removing the oversprayed parts from my rebel (ish) front end.

It will look better with the ebay “trx“ grill and some more white lights
Want to sell me the white grill? Is it OEM? Don’t need the RAM letters. Send me a PM.

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Pain in the **** but it’s 40 percent done. Bracket didn’t fit like I thought as my light bar is a little wider then that is recommended. I’ll have to drill out some holes for the bottom screws, wire up the light and then find out how install the top screws on the grill. That’s the hardest part.

Attachments

• 40EC88BF-65F5-4F18-882B-54CBE1574593.jpeg
    40EC88BF-65F5-4F18-882B-54CBE1574593.jpeg
    148.6 KB · Views: 143

Users who are viewing this thread