5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Kyledelaughter

Reaction score
and here's another thing....it especially bothers me with the White Rams....its the white wheel well area with the black bolts.....does that not bother anyone?? Shouldn't that be painted black to match the rest of the wheel well? Has anyone done this? I don't understand how that doesn't drive you guys crazy.... Thoughts???

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 224

CMil527

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
and here's another thing....it especially bothers me with the White Rams....its the white wheel well area with the black bolts.....does that not bother anyone?? Shouldn't that be painted black to match the rest of the wheel well? Has anyone done this? I don't understand how that doesn't drive you guys crazy.... Thoughts???
i was down to black or white and choose high maintenance black specifically to avoid that area and all the black bolts in the wheel wells once they caught my eye my ocd *** couldn't unsee em!!

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Yeah I’ve never liked that either lol

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My understanding on the windshield tint is that it only covers the upper portion of the windshield. This is where normal factory-tint is applied in many windshields. (Ceramic tint will reduce the heat coming through that zone.) Each state has different laws about how far down the windshield such tint can be applied. It is NOT applied from the dashboard up to the sun visors.

As I understand it.

No, I'm NOT a tint expert...but I -did- stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. ;)

My entire windshield has Wincos 70% ceramic film on it as does the pano. Wincos ceramic 35% everywhere else. Greatly reduces UV heat in the summer

U

User_63152

0da11647e679e5feaf25f27ef96699fe.jpg

37fa194f201feacb8bcb43e8d89b9e8d.jpg

Before and after. I think the side steps look good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I like those steps. I ordered the Westin HDX Drop Nerf Step in stainless. Should be in on Monday.

Kyledelaughter

Reaction score
i was down to black or white and choose high maintenance black specifically to avoid that area and all the black bolts in the wheel wells once they caught my eye my ocd *** couldn't unsee em!!
I just think it looks so awful.....if I DID get white.....I would paint that in a heartbeat or do a plasti-dip on it.....seems like it would be a super easy fix. I just find it shocking that I haven't seen that done on this forum yet.... right???

Mr. Grumpy

Reaction score
Just started hearing about ceramic tint on this forum. Is it really worth the extra cost? I've never heard of it, but if it really does reduce the heat in the vehicle that would be awesome since I live in AZ where we hit 115 pretty often in the summer time. Regular tint was going to cost me $200 all around. The quote for ceramic tint is $400 plus another $100 if I wanted to do the windshield which I've never heard of people doing before until now. I'm assuming that's a clear tint you're putting on the windshield? Does that just reduce the heat coming through?
The 3M IR ceramic is a good tint but is no Crystalline. I have Crystalline on my BMW and I cannot feel the heat of the sun when I’m driving towards it. With the IR I can still fell it but not as much as not having it.

For the front windshield, I tinted the entire windshield. 70% is an almost clear tint but with ceramic you benefit from blocking the infrared rays, which is what I was looking for. I paid $650 for all the windows on my truck, to include the pano.

Last edited:

Apettit13

Reaction score
Put some Raptor Lining in the bed today, and removed the front air dam. Please how the lining turned out, as it laid down a lot better than I thought it would. Loving the look without the air dam, gives it a more aggressive stance

Attachments

• 693C178B-269A-455C-9E1B-29831AC94797.jpeg
    693C178B-269A-455C-9E1B-29831AC94797.jpeg
    132.8 KB · Views: 193
  • 8A945730-6F66-4EC3-A481-3DA783EB9696.jpeg
    8A945730-6F66-4EC3-A481-3DA783EB9696.jpeg
    282 KB · Views: 192

Kovy23

Reaction score
Put some Raptor Lining in the bed today, and removed the front air dam. Please how the lining turned out, as it laid down a lot better than I thought it would. Loving the look without the air dam, gives it a more aggressive stance
Out of curiosity, does that expose the automatic air dam that retracts that comes down at 30mph?

Apettit13

Reaction score
Out of curiosity, does that expose the automatic air dam that retracts that comes down at 30mph?
Yes and no. You can’t really see it, but it is exposed. I went ahead and just removed that as well, I’m not too concerned about .5mpg, I prefer the truck looks the way I want lol

TPA-RAM

Reaction score
I got them from infotainment.com

Their pricey, but they are oem and work great. Plug and play.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Plug and play is worth a premium. ;). Looks great! I had morimotos on my Ford.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread