5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Funeman

Reaction score
Gave her a much needed bath and exterior detail. Gyeon Q2 tire dressing, clayed, Sonax Perfect Finish, IPA wipe down and topped with Ice Seal N Shine. Couldn’t ceramic coat her because she doesn’t fit in the garage and there’s a chance for rain. 0825A8D4-144F-47C1-BDB6-3E028687F5A7.jpeg 62DC1E53-D7C2-40A7-B280-AE8FBEF6E531.jpeg

Last edited:

antwon412

Reaction score
Gave her a much needed bath and exterior detail. Gyeon Q2 tire dressing, clayed, Sonax Perfect Finish, IPA wipe down and topped with Ice Seal N Shine. Couldn’t ceramic coat her because she doesn’t fit in the garage and there’s a chance for rain. View attachment 72648 View attachment 72649
I really love this two tone. Some colors don’t look so great - but this just really good looking.

Le_Slacker

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Upgraded that 12” screen

5bfff2a13dd7ceb185774362ec2158c3.jpg

Ok, not really....

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
View attachment 72657 View attachment 72658 Did the running boards and rear wheel well liners

I doesn’t look factory...or is it? I might need something similar...that is strong, but can use to kick to remove any dirt, mud or snow on. I don’t have anything in my laramie

Owner of a 2020 Ram Laramie, 16 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 21 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

2Fast-4U

Reaction score
I just added a Xenon Depot XTR LP Reverse Light and used the Curt Mfg. T and 5 way plug. Works absolutely perfectly, fits perfectly and does NOT hit my tailgate. Finally able to see like a champ through the tinted windows AND in the rear view camera.

Going to give the girl a bath and polish her up tomorrow!

Scarriere

Reaction score
I just added a Xenon Depot XTR LP Reverse Light and used the Curt Mfg. T and 5 way plug. Works absolutely perfectly, fits perfectly and does NOT hit my tailgate. Finally able to see like a champ through the tinted windows AND in the rear view camera.

Going to give the girl a bath and polish her up tomorrow!
I just ordered that light because of your comment about it not hitting the tailgate.
Could you tell me the plug part number please? I looked on Amazon and Curt and couldn't find it.
Thanks for posting. I hate the reverse lights on my Ram. It's the sealed led so I wasn't able to upgrade the reverse light bulbs.

2Fast-4U

Reaction score
I just ordered that light because of your comment about it not hitting the tailgate.
Could you tell me the plug part number please? I looked on Amazon and Curt and couldn't find it.
Thanks for posting. I hate the reverse lights on my Ram. It's the sealed led so I wasn't able to upgrade the reverse light bulbs.

Here is the Link on Amazon of the Curt Manufacturing harness that I used. Worked perfectly:

CURT 56584 Replacement Vehicle-Side Custom USCAR 5-Pin Trailer Wiring Harness​

I also used a 5 way trailer side plug and used the Blue wire (Positive Reverse) and the White Wire (Ground) to hook to my light and then plugged in. The other 3 wires, I cut to about 4" long, taped of the flush cut and wrapped them together with electrical tape. I dropped the spare tire and it all tucked up nice and is held in place with Zip Ties. There are some detailed posts on this topic if you need more.

Here are a couple links to help search if needed for wiring and securing wires:

2Fast-4U

Reaction score

One word of caution on "Not Hitting The Tailgate". Even though mine did not hit, others have stated that the VLED version hits on some and not on others. If for any reason it is close, you can always lower your plate mounting holes a mounting bolt width and trim the bottom of your plate as others have mentioned.

In the end it will look the same and it works great!

I went with the Xenon Depot XTR LP Reverse Light because it appeared thinner that the VLED version, especially in the center of the bar. I am very happy.

Here are a couple pictures of the plate with the light and then one with the tailgate down so you can see the gap under the tailgate to the light. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• 20201025_164245.jpg
    20201025_164245.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 112
  • 20201025_164334.jpg
    20201025_164334.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:

2Fast-4U

Reaction score
Beautiful Ram. I love those Fuel Beast wheels (y)
Thanks! Every day I look at them, it makes me realize how happy I am with that choice. I love a lot of the trucks and ideas I see posted on this forum, but it came out exactly like I wanted for my taste. I think I am happiest with PoorBoy's advice to go with 11.50 tires instead of the 12.50's! It gave me the exact stance I wanted.

Apettit13

Reaction score
Today I swapped the dome light, map lights, and floor lights to LED. I was also able to give it a good wash, and apply a nice layer of clay bar/Ceramic coating. I have plans to paint my brake Calipers this coming week!

antwon412

Reaction score
Installed a 1 1/2 inch spacer to the rear end. When I had the 2 inch level spacer in the front it was about a quarter inch or half-inch rake. But once I added the bed slide in, it spunk so that it was slightly lower in the back.

Looks great now. Looks properly lifted.

between the factory 1 inch lift, now the roughly 2 inch lift plus the additional ride height from the 35s, it is sitting pretty!

Mustangmike66

Reaction score
Today I swapped the dome light, map lights, and floor lights to LED. I was also able to give it a good wash, and apply a nice layer of clay bar/Ceramic coating. I have plans to paint my brake Calipers this coming week!

What bulbs did you use?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread