5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Thewrangler73

Reaction score
Put on my new motofab leveling kit and wheels and duratracs I bought from a rebel owner. Loving the new look
62fb31b27c3a91db19cc6b6da2e8b03c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

NorthernArea51

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ty. Exhaust and PC should be here any day. 35’s next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Would love to know how you like the PC. I’ve got a good discount through govx and I keep eyeing it, just haven’t pulled the trigger

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DONZILLA

Reaction score
5 inch chrome tips Mopar Performance Suspension. Love'in every mile!

DeckArtist

Reaction score
My Rebel did not have running boards and I needed them to ease access since the truck is 2" higher than the 2016 Sport I had. Very lucky to find the factory boards on Ebay very close to me for local pickup at a decent price. I prefer the factory boards due to their superior brackets. I took the chromies off my last truck and replaced them with black ones from Westin, but their brackets were nowhere nearly as strong.

Truck got filthy today in the rain driving to the jobsite, but I got them home afterwards and installed them in less than 45 minutes. Had to move the brackets on the boards to match my bolt spacing on the body. These boards are perfect, the don't stick out past the tires and they don't hang down farther than the lowest skid plate.
IMG_0187.JPG

IMG_0188.JPG

IMG_0189.JPG

IMG_0190.JPG

IMG_0191.JPG

Renegade3

Reaction score
Got my full-set of Lasfit lights. Tip to tail, including the elusive rear turn signals! Installing them later tonight! Try a couple things with the CHMSL as well..See if I can get that to interfere less with the Keyfob. Going to try and shield it. I’ll let you know results. View attachment 67472
I would say, super human lighting... it’s almost prob to much. Waiting to get yellow fog over-lays
Maybe a dumb question but are the LEDs DOT compliant? I've heard of a lot of people being knocked at inspection time due to them.

Shives

Reaction score
Maybe a dumb question but are the LEDs DOT compliant? I've heard of a lot of people being knocked at inspection time due to them.
It’s the lens that has to be DOT. The bulb does not. The fact that inspection centers are failing is due to 1. Any modifications to lights are illegal in some states. 2. Folks don’t properly aim them, 3. Some are super bright!
I just did LED all the way around... My head lights are aimed, but they are still bright enough to land a NASA space shuttle.
Find a good inspection home, that has a clue.. But also make sure your lights are set up properly. Most folks say they are, but 90% of the time they are NOT. I am also a licensed inspector for Mass

Ccm12

Reaction score
Got my full-set of Lasfit lights. Tip to tail, including the elusive rear turn signals! Installing them later tonight! Try a couple things with the CHMSL as well..See if I can get that to interfere less with the Keyfob. Going to try and shield it. I’ll let you know results. View attachment 67472
I would say, super human lighting... it’s almost prob to much. Waiting to get yellow fog over-lays
How did you get that much front light? I want!!!

RamVader

Reaction score
I don't think I've seen those center console storage covers before. Are they stock on the Limited trim, or something aftermarket?

Yes. Stock on limited

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sir Ramcelot

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I've been on the site since April and was planning on buying a new 2020 or 2021 Ram Limited. Life is full of surprises though isn't it? Well after COVID-19 messed with inventory and discounts, etc. I was in no rush since I had started my search of seriously being ready to buy in April but the rebates in Texas on the Limiteds have been awful for 6 months running and I was picky about how I wanted my truck optioned which combined with dealers having the upper hand really limited (pun intended) what I could do.

I began to open myself up to the possibility of used in June but of course being picky makes that kind of hard as well haha. Everything happens for a reason though right? Fast forward to August and I found a dealership in Lake Charles, LA (this was a week before Hurricane Laura) that had a truck configured how I wanted except the Bed Utility Group and the eTorque were missing BUT the dealer was offering $12K dealer discount so that alone made me reach out. I've been through this before and there was one other dealership in MO that had a dealer discount that high but of course they low-balled my trade and had over $2K in add-ons and wouldn't remove them so the deal wasn't what it seemed and I ceased contact. The LA dealer offered a decent value for my trade after a little back and forth and I was waiting on a Purchase Order to break it all out to ensure no surprises. Well instead of getting me the PO by the end of the day (this was Saturday, 15 August), the dealer went silent. By Monday (17th) he reached out to me in the morning to let me know the General Sales Manager who approved my deal had a family issue to take care of that day so he'd be in at 5:30pm that afternoon and would promptly send me the PO. Now I should add that since the truck didn't come with the BUG, I pointed out to the dealer that they would need to offer me some kind of deal on the RamBox divider/extender and the bed step since those were the two things that make up a BUG in a Limited with RamBox and he said it would be on the PO when they sent it to me so I said ok no problem.

So of course 5:30 rolls around and still no PO so in the meantime I decide to check Auto Trader again since it'd been a few days and I came across what is now my current truck. Patriot Blue was my 1st choice, Max Steel Metallic was my 2nd and Ivory Pearl Tri-Coat was my 3rd as far as colors go and this was one Ivory. It had every option I wanted INCLUDING THE BUG and eTorque and looking at the many pictures posted, I could tell the exhaust tips were black and were 5" (stock are 3 or 3.5" I forget) so I thought hmmm. The windows were all rolled down so I couldn't see if it had tint installed already and I could tell it had a hard folding tonneau which I also thought was great as I would have been installing one on any truck I bought. In one of the other pictures, I could tell the tires weren't the factory Goodyears but the pick wasn't high-res enough as when I zoomed in, I couldn't make out the tire. So I figured why not...the price was REALLY good...$53K and only 9406 miles. According to the pricing guides, retail for this truck was several thousand higher and in-fact, the trade-in value on KBB for Very Good on this truck was $56-57K. I had checked the Carfax and it was a personal vehicle owned on a lease and nothing was odd or wrong so that was good. I contacted the Internet Sales Manager and asked him to take some pictures for me of specific things (windows rolled up, top of the tonneau cover so I could see the brand, close-up of tires so I could see the brand and size, payload sticker, back sliding window to check for cracks as has been posted many times here, headliner to check for leaks/stains from dual pane, etc. and asked him to take a small video clip with his phone of a cold-start). He responded within 10 minutes and WOW! I could hear the exhaust and tell it was aftermarket (which I was happy about), the tires were Nitto Ridge Grapplers in 33x12.5x22 size and the windows were ceramic tinted max legal in TX. The tonneau was a Mopar Hard Folding tonneau cover and it already had wheel locks as well.

This was in Houston which meant a 3-hr drive for me which was no big deal so after getting the pics, I figured ok let's see what they offer in trade because this is a GREAT price so I'm sure they'll low-ball me. Oh and by the way, this is an Audi Dealership. So we conclude with several texts after I provide all the info on my trade and plenty of pics and he tells me he'll have the market value of my trade in the morning. Sure enough, Tuesday morning rolls around and he texts me the glorious words "the trade market value of your vehicle is $14,000". Now mind you, the BEST I had gotten so far was $12,000 after back-and-forth and I had engaged at least 7 times previous to this with values anywhere from an insulting $6500 up to $11,000 that I was able to negotiate up to $12,000 (the dealer in LA that I was waiting on the PO from). Now I knew this was going to happen barring shenanigans from the dealership. At this point, it's now Wednesday the 19th and the dealership in LA reaches out in the morning and tells me the GM wants to talk to me on the phone and asks for my number but at this point I didn't respond (poetic justice if you ask me).

Friday morning rolls around and I've got my financing set-up (2.90% for 84 from Air Force Federal Credit Union) and put my older two girls in the car with me and we head toward the dealership in Houston. I arrive around 4pm and the truck was out front with a Red Audi "Sold" sign on it and the first thing I do is dive under the truck as the suspense of whether it's really an aftermarket exhaust I heard or just tips is killing me. Sure enough, I look at the muffler and see "MagnaFlow". I look and find out it's the MagnaFlow Ram 1500 Street Series Cat-Back Performance Exhaust System (19430) with 5" Black Tips, Stainless Steel and 3" tubing. I check the truck over for about 10 minutes and then text the Internet Sales Manager who brought out the key as I had requested be ready when I arrived and away I went with just my two older girls and I for a test-drive. It drove great and I loved the sound of the exhaust...no drone. I inspected for all the things I've seen posted on the forum and didn't see anything so fingers crossed. With 9406 miles on the odometer my hope was that anything that would rear it's ugly head likely would have at this point but either way I have the balance of the factory warranty and will be buying the extended Chrysler warranty (7yr/unlimited miles) anyway.

In the end, I saved about $7500 when you factor in the lower price, bigger trade amount, value of the tonneau, tint and the fact it had the BUG (step and divider/extender) and that doesn't take into account the value of the Nitto Ridge Grapplers or the MagnaFlow exhaust.

I have some mods coming but for right now here's some pics from when I got it home and detailed/waxed.

IMG-0528.jpg
IMG-0524.jpg IMG-0529.jpg IMG-0530.jpg

Last edited:

Santa

Reaction score
i see your from HB... did you get a CA legal Intake? C.A.R.B. sticker? if so whats the model number?
No on the CARB. I have a few years before smog inspection. K&N will apply for CARB approval. If the get approved K&N will most likely issue me a sticker. If they don’t then I will swap it out for stock for inspection.

ny2az

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I've been on the site since April and was planning on buying a new 2020 or 2021 Ram Limited. Life is full of surprise though isn't it? Well after COVID-19 messed with inventory and discounts, etc. I was in no rush since I had started my search of seriously being ready to buy in April but the rebates in Texas on the Limiteds have been awful for 6 months running and I was picky about how I wanted my truck optioned which combined with dealers having the upper hand really limited (pun intended) what I could do.

I began to open myself up to the possibility of used in June but of course being picky makes that kind of hard as well haha. Everything happens for a reason though right? Fast forward to August and I found a dealership in Lake Charles, LA (this was a week before Hurricane Laura) that had a truck configured how I wanted except the Bed Utility Group and the eTorque were missing BUT the dealer was offering $12K dealer discount so I that alone made me reach out. I've been through this before and there was one other dealership in MO that had a dealer discount that high but of course they low-balled my trade and had over $2K in add-ons and wouldn't remove them so the deal wasn't what it seemed and I ceased contact. The LA dealer offered a decent value for my trade after a little back and forth and I was waiting on a Purchase Order to break it all out to ensure no surprises. Well instead of getting me the PO by the end of the day (this was Saturday, 15 August), the dealer went silent. By Monday (17th) he reached out to me in the morning to let me know the General Sales Manager who approved my deal had a family issue to take care of that day so he'd be in at 5:30pm that afternoon and would promptly send me the PO. Now I should add that since the truck didn't come with the BUG, I pointed out to the dealer that they would need to offer me some kind of deal on the RamBox divider/extender and the bed step since those were the two things that make up a BUG in a Limited with RamBox and he said it would be on the PO when they sent it to me so I said ok no problem.

So of course 5:30 rolls around and still no PO so in the meantime I decide to check Auto Trader again since it'd been a few days and I came across what is now my current truck. Patriot Blue was my 1st choice, Max Steel Metallic was my 2nd and Ivory Pearl Tri-Coat was my 3rd as far as colors go and this was one Ivory. It had every option I wanted INCLUDING THE BUG and eTorque and looking at the many pictures posted, I could tell the exhaust tips were black and were 5" (stock are 3 or 3.5" I forget) so I thought hmmm. The windows were all rolled down so I couldn't see if it had tint installed already and I could tell it had a hard folding tonneau which I also thought was great as I would have been installing one any truck I bought. In one of the other pictures, I could tell the tires weren't the factory Goodyears but the pick wasn't high-res enough as when I zoomed in, I couldn't make out the tire. So I figured why not...the price was REALLY good...$53K and only 9406 miles. According to the pricing guides, retail for this truck was several thousand higher and in-fact, the trade-in value on KBB for Very Good on this truck was $56-57K. I had checked the Carfax and it was a personal vehicle owned on a lease and nothing was odd or wrong so that was good. I contact the Internet Sales Manager and ask him to take some pictures for me of specific things (windows rolled up, top of the tonneau cover so I could see the brand, close-up of tires so I could see the brand and size, payload sticker, back sliding window to check for cracks as has been posted many times here, headliner to check for leaks/stains from dual pane, etc. and asked him to take a small video clip with his phone of a cold-start). He responded within 10 minutes and WOW! I could hear the exhaust and tell it was aftermarket (which I was happy about), the tires were Nitto Ridge Grapplers in 33x12.5x22 size and the windows were ceramic tinted max legal in TX. The tonneau was a Mopar Hard Folding tonneau cover and it already had wheel locks as well.

This was in Houston so a 3-hr drive for me so after getting the pics, I figured ok let's see what they offer in trade because this is a GREAT price so I'm sure they'll low-ball me. Oh and by the way, this is an Audi Dealership. So we conclude with several texts after I provide all the info on my trade and plenty of pics and he tells me he'll have the market value of my trade in the morning. Sure enough, Tuesday morning rolls around and he texts me the glorious words "the trade market value of your vehicle is $14,000". Now mind you, the BEST I had gotten so far was $12,000 after back-and-forth and I had engaged at least 7 times previous to this with values anywhere from an insulting $6500 up to $11,000 that I was able to negotiate up to $12,000 (the dealer in LA that I was waiting on the PO from). Now I knew this was going to happen barring shenanigans from the dealership. At this point, it's now Wednesday the 19th and the dealership in LA reaches out in the morning and tells me the GM wants to talk to me on the phone and asks for my number but at this point I didn't respond (poetic justice if you ask me).

Friday morning rolls around and I've got my financing set-up and put my older two girls in the car with me and we head toward the dealership in Houston. I arrive around 4pm and the truck was out front with a Red Audi Sold sign on it and the first thing I do is dive under the truck as the suspense of the whether it's an aftermarket exhaust or just tips. Sure enough, I look at the muffler and "MagnaFlow". I look and find out it's the MagnaFlow Ram 1500 Street Series Cat-Back Performance Exhaust System (19430) with 5" Black Tips, Stainless Steel and 3" tubing. I check the truck over for about 10 minutes and then text the Internet Sales Manager who brought out the key as I had requested be ready when I arrived and away I went with just my two older girls and I for a test-drive. It drove great and I loved the sound of the exhaust...no drone. I inspected for all the things I've seen posted on the forum and didn't see anything so fingers crossed. With 9406 miles on the odometer my hope was that anything that would rear it's ugly head likely would have at this point but either way I have the balance of the factory warranty and will be buying the extended Chrysler warranty (7yr/unlimited miles) anyway.

In the end, I paid saved about $7500 when you factor in the lower price, bigger trade amount, value of the tonneau, tint and the fact it had the BUG (step and divider/extender) and that doesn't take into account the value of the Nitto Ridge Grapplers or the MagnaFlow exhaust.

I have some mods coming but for right now here's some pics from when I got it home and detailed/waxed.

View attachment 67551
View attachment 67553 View attachment 67554 View attachment 67555
beautiful truck ... CONGRAT'S on the awesome deal you got... and a shout out to the dealer as well for standing by the numbers you were quoted ...

Users who are viewing this thread