5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

kipeharris

Reaction score
I don't use MDS (always use the gear +/- buttons to set max gear to 8 as soon as I put it in drive), so the MDS drone wasn't/isn't a worry for me. Just on the short drive home from the shop yesterday, it was nearly stock quiet cruising at 45-50 mph in 8th gear even with the windows down. Have to run a couple errands today that will require some interstate time, so with the 3.92's I'm anxious about how it will sound cruising at 70 at about 2k rpm.

Keep us posted!! I have a Borla 40353 sitting in my garage and trying to figure out how/if I want to install it.

Z mann R2

Reaction score

Thats the type of decal I've been looking for.Where did you get the decal and if you don't mind me asking how much was the cost of having them put on? Looks good.
Looks like they have one more in stock! But I’m sure he can make more even if it sold out....the local shop charged me $80 to install it.....don’t try it yourself, my first attempt came out very bubbly and I had to reorder and then take it to the local decal shop for install....just take off your fender flares before you go:

djjr50

Reaction score
It does. Unsure as to why. I've only seen one or two others with the trim added doing a google search.
Looks like the trim isnt completely installed. Youre missing the small parts after the rear door.

Kooch80

Reaction score
Rooted an old Android phone I had and used AA Mirror to fully mirror the phone screen. Now I can use the Android Auto/CarPlay function of the Ram for Netflix, HBO, etc.
We definitely need a "how to" on this pinned in this forum

Bigalh79

Reaction score
Looks like they have one more in stock! But I’m sure he can make more even if it sold out....the local shop charged me $80 to install it.....don’t try it yourself, my first attempt came out very bubbly and I had to reorder and then take it to the local decal shop for install....just take off your fender flares before you go:

Thanks for the info its much appreciated.

Schnitz

Reaction score
where did you get those fender flares ??

D.Sull

Reaction score
So, for those that have asked, the short version on getting the screen to mirror your phone is:
  1. Get an Android phone
  2. Root said Android phone (google it)
  3. Install AA_Mirror on the phone (search for the apk on github)
  4. Install AAutoAppEnabler (https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=283691)
  5. Follow the instructions here (https://forum.xda-developers.com/an...p-android-auto-3rd-party-app-enabler-t3853009)
Good luck. I had to jump through a lot of hoops to get it to work on my HTC One M8. Samsungs are apparently very difficult to root.

RabelLA

Reaction score
Finally installed the Mopar cold air intake ( 77072428AB ) purchased it from bamwholesaleparts.com for $711 + $90 shipping to California Installation took about an hour fairly easy. After reinstalling the battery negative cable my back up camera , passenger heated seat and other icons have disappeared and not working :eek::oops: I read on the forum someone had a similar problem and everything came back to normal after an hour letting the car sit. 2 hours have passed and still the same problem.

Attachments

• IMG_5538.JPG
    IMG_5538.JPG
    139.3 KB · Views: 190
  • IMG_5540.JPG
    IMG_5540.JPG
    162.2 KB · Views: 203
  • IMG_5542.JPG
    IMG_5542.JPG
    169.6 KB · Views: 205
  • IMG_5544.JPG
    IMG_5544.JPG
    163.6 KB · Views: 206
  • IMG_5546.JPG
    IMG_5546.JPG
    138.9 KB · Views: 203

NewTruckWhoDis

Reaction score
Had a shop install the Rough Country 5" Lift for air ride. Planned to do it myself, but didn't really have a good, flat work location. Plus the price was pretty nice. So far, seems great. Even found a little mud.

The cleaner pic is set on OR2.

Attachments

• IMG_20200513_145642.jpg
    IMG_20200513_145642.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 199
  • IMG_20200513_154410.jpg
    IMG_20200513_154410.jpg
    172.9 KB · Views: 197

RabelLA

Reaction score
[Update] my back up camera and everything came back to normal after letting the car sit for 2hr+ PHEWWW

Finally installed the Mopar cold air intake ( 77072428AB ) purchased it from bamwholesaleparts.com for $711 + $90 shipping to California Installation took about an hour fairly easy. After reinstalling the battery negative cable my back up camera , passenger heated seat and other icons have disappeared and not working :eek::oops: I read on the forum someone had a similar problem and everything came back to normal after an hour letting the car sit. 2 hours have passed and still the same problem.

Users who are viewing this thread