5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

BLAM

Reaction score
Thinking about doing the decals or blackout with plastidip, can't wait for the pics.

Just spray paint it with regular automotive paint. Much more resilient and better finish than plastidip. I painted my window pillars this past weekend.

Desert Dawg

Reaction score
Looks good man!!! Just be careful when running wires behind grill that don't interfere with the active grill shutter operation.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Thanks, no worries there as all of the wiring is secure up and under the front bumper and then into engine bay. I had my whole dash basically apart trying to find room for switching but was a lot harder than expected as most of the smooth looking panels have a lot of molded or structural stuff behind them. I was going to wire (2) switches into the center console area but couldn't get behind it enough to determine if clear. So decided to run both relays off one the Rigid supplied round 3-way switch on the small panel by the console (barely fit there); got everything through the firewall so now just need to connect the lights and power.

Kxlexus

Reaction score
Installed Bilstein 5100 on the front of my Longhorn. Removed Motofab 2” leveling spacer. Also changed oil and installed a Fumoto Valve.
May look into an oil filter relocation kit. The filter location sucks on these trucks. Anyone have a recommendation for a filter relocation kit?

P Palmer

Reaction score
Also added the new personal plate, hard tonnrau cover and aeroskin bug deflector.

View attachment 50954
Looks great! How do you like the AeroSkin? I’ve heard mixed reviews on it and would like to install a deflector, just not sure which one to get. I also like the Form Fits that are made in Canada. Very handsome truck! I like your style - very similar to mine:

Attachments

• B3E8E3B6-1BA4-4609-98D0-D79C31141A1B.jpeg
    B3E8E3B6-1BA4-4609-98D0-D79C31141A1B.jpeg
    181.2 KB · Views: 214

BLAM

Reaction score
Looks great! How do you like the AeroSkin? I’ve heard mixed reviews on it and would like to install a deflector, just not sure which one to get. I also like the Form Fits that are made in Canada. Very handsome truck! I like your style - very similar to mine:

I originally got the Mopar bug deflector but returned it because it was in matte and most importantly it was flat without the indent that flows with the hood. I like the AVS Aeroskin a lot for the price. Paid only $9.61 because it was refurbished; it look brand new. I like that snug and flows with the shape of the hood. It helps with the chips on the hood but not much protection on the window.

BLAM

Reaction score
Nice do you have a link for this ?

Under $9 from Amazon,

Users who are viewing this thread