5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Jayturk

Reaction score
Added stake pocket covers in the rear, Husky mud flaps and flat black RAM emblem in the grill. Also debadged the limited side molding on the back of the cab and the bed and installed organizers for the center console. Getting PPF on the painted front bumper on Wed. Ceramic coating to come and then I might be done for awhile. Not sure what else I could do sadly. Maybe a supercharger? :unsure:
Also looking at stake pocket covers but not liking the textured finish because of my bedcover. Looking for a smooth finish. Which one did you go with? Thank.

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Also looking at stake pocket covers but not liking the textured finish because of my bedcover. Looking for a smooth finish. Which one did you go with? Thank.

I went with these that are smooth finish. They say they don’t fit my truck, but they do. Also had these on my 2015 RAM.

jimk hunt

Reaction score
Finally, last up for today is a bedstep. Now this thing is there for one reason and one reason only.....to save my a$$ end. These things have saved my bacon more than once. We put one on the kids truck and he asked "why?" A couple months later "boom" minor rear ender. Bent the bed step a little but no harm to his pickup. Traffic and driver's down in West Palm/Miami are ruthless! View attachment 50740 View attachment 50741 View attachment 50742
any link for the bed step?

W13NY

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Danny_TheHouseCook

Reaction score
I don’t have a bedrug on my current truck, but on previous trucks I found that as you start to close the tailgate if you pull up/ out on the small piece of carpet that bridges the bed and tailgate to keep it from getting pinched between the bed and tailgate it will condition that piece to fold in the right direction and prevent any issues closing the tailgate.

Before closing the tailgate you want that entire bridge portion of the rug all the way across side to side to look like it does on the left side in your picture so that piece folds up instead of down when you close the tailgate.
Good news. Now trying to get it to do that will be the tricky part.

Danny_TheHouseCook

Reaction score

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looks great, how difficult was the install? It says level 4 but would rather hear from someone who’s actually installed these.
Thanks!
Keep in mind, I have never done this, but I am pretty good with my hands.
That level 4 is pretty accurate, patience and time are needed. The material is easy to work with, but the shape and curves of these lights make it difficult to get everything perfect, well as perfect as you can. They aren't perfect, and I'm hoping the next few days sitting in the sun and I continue to work them they will get better. From 10 feet away and at night they look terrific, in the bright sun, you can see the textures, imperfections and some air pockets. I'll poke some small holes if I have to. the top edge is the biggest challenge, the curvature there. I can't get the film to lay and stay without lifting in the curved area. I may end up trimming it some, giving it a bit to warm and do what it's going to do in the sun...If you want perfection, either bring it to someone and pay for install, or have them tint painted.

Scott_65

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks!
That level 4 is pretty accurate, patience and time are needed. The material is easy to work with, but the shape and curves of these lights make it difficult to get everything perfect, well as perfect as you can. They aren't perfect, and I'm hoping the next few days sitting in the sun and I continue to work them they will get better. From 10 feet away and at night they look terrific, in the bright sun, you can see the textures, imperfections and some air pockets. I'll poke some small holes if I have to. the top edge is the biggest challenge, the curvature there. I can't get the film to lay and stay without lifting in the curved area. I may end up trimming it some, giving it a bit to warm and do what it's going to do in the sun...If you want perfection, either bring it to someone and pay for install, or have them tint painted.
Yeah I was thinking the install would be difficult, I think I’ll investigate the painting route as I can get the headlights done at the same time. Thanks for your reply.

Baron74

Reaction score
I went with the textured version. I didn't look for smooth ones. You hardly notice them as it is, let alone the texture. Smooth would be nearly invisible and would be an exact match.

Jayturk

Reaction score
Thanks!
I did the shifter on my Challenger, I used a heat gun on the end edges. It worked but of course, be careful with the heat gun.

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
since the weather was some what nice i installed my bed "Extender'.some pieces were missing.and its a "MpoarPart"!:oops::eek:.i had to "Wing it"guys ,but it fits.doesnt take long.but it would have ben nice if "Mopars"would have been included:mad:!

https://ibb.co/4g8CGqX[/URL https://ibb.co/mvZ3twZ

Last edited:

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Gave the rig a nice hand wash considering it's the first time without rain for like two or three days, lol. Then had to take her around town for a cruise, show her off with the dogs and take them for a walk. This is after the walk with the dogs with a gorgeous sunset.

Attachments

• 20200329_215644.jpg
    20200329_215644.jpg
    189 KB · Views: 106

SilverNight2020

Reaction score
I installed my new iBoard 5" running boards

Attachments

• 20200329_190046_compress11.jpg
    20200329_190046_compress11.jpg
    202.6 KB · Views: 164
  • 20200329_190029_compress89.jpg
    20200329_190029_compress89.jpg
    182 KB · Views: 168
  • 20200329_173331_compress54.jpg
    20200329_173331_compress54.jpg
    195.7 KB · Views: 162
  • 20200329_173319_compress98.jpg
    20200329_173319_compress98.jpg
    205.8 KB · Views: 152

Waterfowler41

Ram Guru
Reaction score
2ab7d025a85f96f3f219158434e5d75f.jpg

Salvaged this fuse/relay box out of my last truck. Cleaned it up tonight in prep for my light bar that shows up later this week. Running 3 circuits, 1 for a 20” light bar, 1 for DRL lights built into light bar, and 1 for future a-pillar pods.

Users who are viewing this thread