5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

JackBurton63

Reaction score
How well does it look like it will deal the bed from water?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's going to need some weather stripping on the back to deal with the gap from the tailgate. It rained last night and it was dry this morning but of course I wasn't driving in the rain.

Dirtfreak

Reaction score
Got the new hitch by WeightSafe
79b48ac8f91b86be03e00743605e8754.jpg
e6e891004a17e4ff611fe0f5680919a1.jpg

Specs:
2” shank
4” drop
1500lb max tongue weight
2” ball 8000 max
2-5/16” 10000 max

Ordered from amazon. All my other hitches were for my diesel and held a 2-1/2” shank. Pity because I have $600 in hitches I can’t use.

Anyway I really like it. Easy to use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That will leave a mark on a shin, Walking into it in the dark.

Last edited:

Turin

Reaction score
noticed a reduction in cabin road noise (y)
push pins attach to 5 existing holes in lower front edge of box
fyi > deleted on builds after mid 2018
View attachment 21835
Did you experience much road noise before installing the seal? While I was waiting for my truck to be built I had this on my list of things to add post-delivery but after taking possession it doesn't seem necessary. Admittedly, my prior vehicle was noisy enough that it always sounded like a door wasn't shut; especially in the rain. Compared to that my Ram is whisper quiet. If it got any quieter it would probably seem like a tomb. (Until I crank up the H/K, of course!)

thebluegoat

Reaction score
easy...start with center pin
Does it touch the cab at all? I ripped mine off my 2011 because it was touching the cab and any grit that got trapped was rubbing like sandpaper. Started rusting out the cab panel

KcRay

Reaction score
Does it touch the cab at all? I ripped mine off my 2011 because it was touching the cab and any grit that got trapped was rubbing like sandpaper. Started rusting out the cab panel
Definitely touches the cab, (pretty tight infact). My truck came with these already on, with a February 19 build date. Have to remember to wash well in there. 20190410_194028.jpg 20190410_194017.jpg

KcRay

Reaction score
Those ones seemed fine on mine. I'm thinking of the one that's horizontal on the front of the bed.
Well now I see what ya'll are talking about installingo_O. This is the quietest vehicle I have ever been in, but if $12 bucks makes it noticeably better, I'm game.

MG99

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got my Mopar tri-fold hard tonneau cover yesterday and installed it last night. Mopar part # 82215227AC, ordered from BAMWHOLESALEPARTS.com for $717 + $60 shipping to Maryland. The dealership I bought my truck from wouldn't come down on their price of $947 + 6% sales tax. So I saved about $250 by ordering online. It was easy to install, but all six slam latches didn't catch the rails as far as they should have so I adjusted them as shown in the pictures.

As others have pointed out this cover is the same as the BakFlip G2. Looks like it will hold up well. I really liked the fact that the tailgate can be closed without having to open the cover. Still need to order and install a tailgate seal.

View attachment 21724 View attachment 21725 View attachment 21726
What stake pocket D-rings are those? How do you like them?

REBEL 2.0

Reaction score
I pulled the horizontal cab to box strip off of my 2012 and 2016 in 2017. The 12 was missing lots of paint and starting to rust,the 16 was rubbed through the top coat. If you live in salt county, drive gravel roads or go anywhere other than paved roads don’t put it on.

Wickedsaint

Reaction score
Did you have your skid plate professionally done? Also, how did you paint your Ram letters in the grill?
Yes, it was done by a local Line-X authorized shop. The grill letters were an OEM part bought on Amazon for about $26. Just pop out the old letters and pop in the new ones. The proper method would be to remove the grille and depress the tab locks to remove the old letters. I just used a delicate hand and an exacto knife to create a little sepperation then pulled them out. If you do not pull them straight out you will likely break the guide pins on the back of the letters like I did. I didn't plan on reusing them for anything so I didn't mind breaking the pins. It took about 10 minutes to change them.

Jhill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes, it was done by a local Line-X authorized shop. The grill letters were an OEM part bought on Amazon for about $26. Just pop out the old letters and pop in the new ones. The proper method would be to remove the grille and depress the tab locks to remove the old letters. I just used a delicate hand and an exacto knife to create a little sepperation then pulled them out. If you do not pull them straight out you will likely break the guide pins on the back of the letters like I did. I didn't plan on reusing them for anything so I didn't mind breaking the pins. It took about 10 minutes to change them.
An alternative to replacing RAM letters is die cut vinyl overlays made of quality UV rated outdoor vinyls (like pin striping is made of) that are inexpensive and take 5 minutes to install. Several companies sell them. One company that I have used is www.ReflectiveConcepts.com. Grill overlays for my Rebel was like $15 ? and free shipping. Available in many colors, even a simulated carbon fiber look. Other companies have American flag look with stars and stripes. They cover the flat face of emblem so the bevel edge still shows original color to give a extra dimension to the look, and you can change color easily in future or remove if you want on a warm sunny day when vinyl is warmed up. IMG_3406.JPG

George Bednar

Reaction score
An alternative to replacing RAM letters is die cut vinyl overlays made of quality UV rated outdoor vinyls (like pin striping is made of) that are inexpensive and take 5 minutes to install. Several companies sell them. One company that I have used is www.ReflectiveConcepts.com. Grill overlays for my Rebel was like $15 ? and free shipping. Available in many colors, even a simulated carbon fiber look. Other companies have American flag look with stars and stripes. They cover the flat face of emblem so the bevel edge still shows original color to give a extra dimension to the look, and you can change color easily in future or remove if you want on a warm sunny day when vinyl is warmed up. View attachment 21886
Did you use the soapy water method for placing the decals?

Users who are viewing this thread