5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

WasatchBack

Reaction score
Got the new hitch by WeightSafe
79b48ac8f91b86be03e00743605e8754.jpg
e6e891004a17e4ff611fe0f5680919a1.jpg

Specs:
2” shank
4” drop
1500lb max tongue weight
2” ball 8000 max
2-5/16” 10000 max

Ordered from amazon. All my other hitches were for my diesel and held a 2-1/2” shank. Pity because I have $600 in hitches I can’t use.

Anyway I really like it. Easy to use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That looks like a work of precision machined art

doug55579

Reaction score
I had a set of BF Goodrich K02s in size 255/60/R20 today. I love the look, but I am having a bit of buyer's remorse as I think the stock tires rode better. Other members here have had opposite feelings and have felt these tires ride better. Hoping I get used to them.

Attachments

• IMG_9415.jpg
    IMG_9415.jpg
    201.3 KB · Views: 160

NordicNevs

Reaction score
That looks like a work of precision machined art

Thank you and I agree completely. Weight safe is impressive and you don’t get any of the hitch chatter that I got with the B&W.

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Which Borla did you choose? How do you like it so far?

i bought the loud and obnoxious one "Atak" :LOL:.didnt want to comprise on the sound(slight,little,soft)love the sound and i still do !everyone and their brother challenges me at the light:LOL:(y)

Last edited:

wildh24

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got PPF put on today! Dealer went extra mile and did the entire front end including grill inserts and mirrors. Was only expecting bumper and hood.

ZombieSlayer

Reaction score
I put my (2) new 30' Rhino recovery straps, shackles, and hitch into the storage bins :D I also put a gash in the lower glove box moving a dog crate out :(

Ruttin1

Reaction score
Bought it. Black Laramie Sport w/ Hemi. Won’t get it for 2-4 weeks. Was just built, so the wait will suck. Had an ‘09 I traded in for my 2013 Rubicon. It will be good to be back in a ram.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

silver64

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had a set of BF Goodrich K02s in size 255/60/R20 today. I love the look, but I am having a bit of buyer's remorse as I think the stock tires rode better. Other members here have had opposite feelings and have felt these tires ride better. Hoping I get used to them.
I kind of felt the way you do. When i went from the 18's to the 22's because there is a lot less sidewall to flex but i am used to them now and the ride is 100% fine.

Jhill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Installed the Magnaflow cat back exhaust... Will say installing this alone is a bit of a pain. I recommend getting some one to help here and there. The outlets are a tiny bit off but it's not that noticeable from a distance. Have to be close up and at the level of them. The left one does interfere a little when the bed step is deployed.

View attachment 19167 View attachment 19168 View attachment 19169
You align them with the stainless steel hose clamp trick holding the rubber block biased the necessary direction. Takes 5 minutes to do. Use big slip joint (water pump) pliers to force rubber block in the proper direction while tightening hose clamp. Aftermarket exhaust forums focused on Magnaflow even have pictures. This is picture before I did the clamp trick. They are perfectly centered now with 2 cheap clamps. IMG_3432.JPG

Last edited:

doug55579

Reaction score
I kind of felt the way you do. When i went from the 18's to the 22's because there is a lot less sidewall to flex but i am used to them now and the ride is 100% fine.

Thanks. Hopefully I get used to these as well. I actually have more sidewall now so I figured there would be more flex. I think it’s just the tread on the pavement. My F150 had 10 ply tires and obviously this is still a lot smoother than that was.

k1kelley

Reaction score
Got my Mopar tri-fold hard tonneau cover yesterday and installed it last night. Mopar part # 82215227AC, ordered from BAMWHOLESALEPARTS.com for $717 + $60 shipping to Maryland. The dealership I bought my truck from wouldn't come down on their price of $947 + 6% sales tax. So I saved about $250 by ordering online. It was easy to install, but all six slam latches didn't catch the rails as far as they should have so I adjusted them as shown in the pictures.

As others have pointed out this cover is the same as the BakFlip G2. Looks like it will hold up well. I really liked the fact that the tailgate can be closed without having to open the cover. Still need to order and install a tailgate seal.

21724 21725 21726

alangsam

Reaction score
Got my Mopar tri-fold hard tonneau cover yesterday and installed it last night. Mopar part # 82215227AC, ordered from BAMWHOLESALEPARTS.com for $717 + $60 shipping to Maryland. The dealership I bought my truck from wouldn't come down on their price of $947 + 6% sales tax. So I saved about $250 by ordering online. It was easy to install, but all six slam latches didn't catch the rails as far as they should have so I adjusted them as shown in the pictures.

As others have pointed out this cover is the same as the BakFlip G2. Looks like it will hold up well. I really liked the fact that the tailgate can be closed without having to open the cover. Still need to order and install a tailgate seal.

View attachment 21724 View attachment 21725 View attachment 21726

Is this the same cover that can be ordered with the truck?

k1kelley

Reaction score
Is this the same cover that can be ordered with the truck?

I think the one you can add when configuring a truck on the RAM website is a soft cover. I would assume if you are doing a custom order from a dealer you could spec the hard fold cover.

jimk hunt

Reaction score
Xpel installed on the front and rockers of the Ram. Also had front windows tinted. Noticed the passenger drain plug is not fully seated so I'll be under the truck tonite trying to get that corrected. You'd think they would have had this fixed at the plant by now.

Dres79

Reaction score
I took it to the stealership to get the recall done for the brakes, get the car play fixed and some other dumb **** that I got a big fat “we don’t know “ answers to.

At least CarPlay is now alive again

JackBurton63

Reaction score
I installed the BAK Revolver X4 tonneau cover last night. I love the mat finish and the low profile look.

Users who are viewing this thread