5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

NorthernArea51

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Relatively new guy here. I bought my truck on Labor Day. It’s a 2020 Laramie with the night package. Over the last couple weeks I debadged it, tinted the front windows, tinted the lights on the mirrors and also tinted the third brake light and tail lights. Then today I installed a 2.5” Motofab leveling kit up front, 20x10 -18mm Moto Metal Folsom wheels and 295/60R20 Nitto Ridge Grapplers tires.

I have a 2” Motofab spacer for the back coming Monday or Tuesday to bring the back up more. I tow a travel trailer and I think it would go nose high with the trailer without the rear spacers.

I think a LineX liner or Raptor liner and the Timbergrove airbags will round out my mods for the truck. At least for now anyways.

View attachment 69949 View attachment 69950 View attachment 69951 View attachment 69952 View attachment 69953 View attachment 69954

The debadging looks real smooth...especially with the tint. Great looking truck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NorthernArea51

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks! I’ve never been a fan of badges.

RAM definitely likes them lol. I just wish they’d make up their mind as to the color scheme...mine came with chrome hemi, 4x4, and RAM but the tailgate ram head and bighorn are both half black and chrome. Didn’t make sense for the 4x4 to be all chrome. so I took them off lol. Black ones look way better any how

K_Hub

Reaction score
i know your pain as i had my 3yr old chocolate lab have his right back foot torn acl done last year, he`s doing great a year later, the only thing i have to give him is a supplement once aday, as if he gets to active hell have a little stiff ness afterwards. my cost for it at the time was like $5200 , luckily i had doggie insurance on him and it only cost me $1000 out of my pocket.

It’s definitely going to be a journey. Thanks for the positive story with your pup. We are definitely looking into insurance now as I had to fork over $5,500 out of pocket to get my chocolate’s surgery done. The hard part is finding an insurance company that will cover charges if we have to do the other leg down the road as it’s now a preexisting condition. Glad we went with the surgeon that did her’s though as he specializes in these surgeries and judging by how detailed he was walking me through the procedure and how fast she was out of surgery he was definitely the right person for the job. She’s already much happier than before except for the cone of shame.

thrillracing

Reaction score
My poor Limited developed a “clicking” sound in the panoramic sun roof so I took it into the dealership today. View attachment 69675
A few hours later, they called me to say they have to replace the sun roof frame and slide hardware. Then they tell me they have to remove the headliner and that will likely cause them to replace the windshield because they usually break when taking the rearview mirror mount off. And finally....they tell me the parts are on back order and it could take 3 months to get.

Thank God for warranty!

Close the roof and wait for parts!

Hydro-Blue Laramie Lvl 2, Sport, Off-Road Group, Advanced Safety Group, Bed Utility Group, Pano, 3.92, E-Torque, Air-Suspension, Power Boards

whetrick1

Reaction score
Put a new vinyl sticker on the back window and ordered hood badge decals from reflective concepts
c5a4f2d7e452db90ebeb6be27ee7a4da.jpg

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
^^^. Nice where did you leave from that it was an 1100 mile round trip ? Glad you’ve made it safely to and from.

FYRSTIX

Reaction score
Washed it yesterday after many (guilty) weeks sitting outside, collecting ash. I was waiting for the air to clear out, which happened a week ago. Went out this morning and it was covered with ash again! But the sky looks clear! :mad:

Note to those in the ash zone on the west coast - the stuff sticks to the plastic trim pieces quite well. A mere soap and water wash didn't get it off. Took some scrubbing.

HemiDude

Reaction score
^^^. Nice where did you leave from that it was an 1100 mile round trip ? Glad you’ve made it safely to and from.
I live in central Ohio, have family in S.Carolina. Outside of some steady rain (in TN) and light fog up high, the weather was fantastic, and some of the trees were already starting to turn.

HemiDude

Reaction score
Washed it yesterday after many (guilty) weeks sitting outside, collecting ash. I was waiting for the air to clear out, which happened a week ago. Went out this morning and it was covered with ash again! But the sky looks clear! :mad:

Note to those in the ash zone on the west coast - the stuff sticks to the plastic trim pieces quite well. A mere soap and water wash didn't get it off. Took some scrubbing.
Hopefully you've had only ash, and none of the accompanying fire

FYRSTIX

Reaction score
Hopefully you've had only ash, and none of the accompanying fire
Not close to any danger, no, but friends have been nervously watching the hills. My daughter housed a friend (and her dog and two cats) for 3 weeks when she was evacuated out of the CZU fire zone. Fortunately her home was undamaged, but the fire came very close.

In the Santa Clara valley we were between two large fires and for over a month we had smoke everywhere. Some days my Ram's lights came on. In the middle of the day.

iLikeTurtles

Reaction score
Work schedule is a PITA, the work is out until 10/16. Might be able to get tint this Friday, just have to wait and see if the tint shop can do it that short notice as I am on call the whole following week/weekend.

Hambonehead

Reaction score
Installed an AEM Dryflow air filter and removed the carbon filter today. Yesterday I installed my 2” lower rear springs and air helper bags but have to pull them back out and cut them down as I get only got about 1/2” of drop.

Users who are viewing this thread