5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Turbo1895

Reaction score
Nice job on the fender flares. I was thinking of doing the flares. Can you elaborate on what happened with the tape and flare welding?
Sure can, once you remove the clips the area that holds the clip on the back side of the flare is slightly recessed and lower then the outer edge. I was originally hoping to put a piece of double sided tape on there and have that replace the clip to hold it on tight, but that did not work at all. Then i tried to move the tape to the outside edge of the flare and that worked but it created a noticeable gap between the flare and the fender. I played around with a couple of other ideas such as doubling up the tape but no bueno with it on.

Next i tried putting the welting on the flares but to be honest the mat black welting created an unsightly line between the color matched flare and the fender. With a black truck I hated the look and took it all off.

Eventually I just set the flare in place and carefully tightened the screws back into the under side of the fender and got it to sit flush with minimal to no gap at all.

I was able to find and buy color matched oem flares that came off a Laramie on this forum but to be honest if I had to do it again, I think I would try out these Bushwacker Oem Styled flares and just have them painted at a local shop. I previously had the Rough Country bolt on look flares and didn't totally love that look but the aftermarket flares definitely installed easier and sat better against the fender.

EDIT:
I LINKED THE WRONG FLARES FOR OUR TRUCK BUT BUSHWACKER DOES MAKE THEM FOR THE 5TH GEN TRUCKS AS WELL AND YOU CAN FIND THEM ONLINE. SORRY ABOUT THAT.

Last edited:

theonlyMcG

Reaction score
Got the Mishimoto Catch Can installed this weekend. Hellwig Swaybar also showed up and is sitting in the garage waiting for me to have some time to install it. Slowly but surely it is coming along.

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I work for one of the big techs out there, it’s literally the end of the world for some people who work in Seattle.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Worked around Seattle and the PNW in construction for years, and that wet snow is really a problem for most if not all. Fun to watch Seattlites sliding down the hills on a 1/2 inch of snow on the nightly news. I live on the East side where it is a dry snow most of the time, but I still see a lot of 4WD rigs upside down in the medians.

Al Czervik

Sag A*
Reaction score
Worked around Seattle and the PNW in construction for years, and that wet snow is really a problem for most if not all. Fun to watch Seattlites sliding down the hills on a 1/2 inch of snow on the nightly news. I live on the East side where it is a dry snow most of the time, but I still see a lot of 4WD rigs upside down in the medians.

I live over in the eastern part of the state too, but lived in the Seattle area in the late eighties when one storm dumped about 15" before all was said and done. There were so many cars abandoned on the roads it looked like someone had torched off a neutron bomb. :ROFLMAO:

rxit

Reaction score
Today's projects
Tyger 4 inch running boards (very pleased, easy install)
Tecoom splash guards (very pleased fit like a glove, cheap and easy install)
AVS flush mount hood protector ( another easy install, this one is OK)
Harley sticker on the back window

Attachments

• IMG_5420.jpg
    IMG_5420.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_5421.jpg
    IMG_5421.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_5425.jpg
    IMG_5425.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_5427 (1).jpg
    IMG_5427 (1).jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_5426.jpg
    IMG_5426.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 136

Boa24

Reaction score
Deezee bed mat and screen protector were delivered today.

Installed Lasfit LEDs in cargo/3rd brake light.

kj92648

Reaction score
Instead of adding the OEM bed lights, cutting the bed rug, running wires...etc threw a rechargeable led motion light bar on the underside of the cover with some Velcro. 20200113_181909.jpg 20200113_181935.jpg

Perfect amount of light for what I need and it has two colors and 3 brightness settings, I can see the back corners no problem. Pretty cool, easy and cheap.

retho78

Reaction score
Today's projects

I have the same side steps and splash guards on my truck and they are great and no issues.

JCK_25

Reaction score
Instead of adding the OEM bed lights, cutting the bed rug, running wires...etc threw a rechargeable led motion light bar on the underside of the cover with some Velcro. View attachment 44062 View attachment 44063

Perfect amount of light for what I need and it has two colors and 3 brightness settings, I can see the back corners no problem. Pretty cool, easy and cheap.
I did the same thing. Purchased three LED bar lights on Amazon. Positioned one like you then put the other two on the rear pillars on both sides of the tailgate facing the back of the cab.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

LuvGun

Reaction score
Today's projects
Got to have that Harley sticker :) BedCoverMX4.jpg

Waterfowler41

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Today's projects

Keep those tyger running boards dry! I just removed those exact boards from my brother in laws truck and replaced with havoc Offroad ones. The Tyger board’s finish was bubbling/corroding right where his door sill drains.

Here’s a screenshot from my Havoc install video that shows where the rust formed.

2e998b3535985953f221c400726e7e45.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online

Members online