5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So today I go to the store and I hear rattling underneath my dash, I feel underneath and this thing flops out. I’m assuming GPS tracker from dealer/factory?

This tied into the LoJack as well?

Yeah that’s suspect. Did you goog that company name? It looks different than the ones guys have posted on here but could just be a different manufacturer.

Also comical that if you pronounce it a certain way that name is “spyer on” so it would make sense.

And it should not be part of the factory connected services. Those are part of the actual factory modules which wouldn’t just tumble out of the dash.

What was it connected to? OBDII? And what kind of cable?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Drained the Pennzoil Platinum 5w 30 from my last change after a few hundred miles and went back to Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 5w 20. My truck did not like the PP 5w 30, specifically a rough idle. Going back to PUP 5w 20 smoothed it right out. Also, oil temps were slightly higher and didn't seem to cool down as quick if they were raised

pmegason

Reaction score
Today I got to my destination after a 14 hour drive. I noticed a few things during those hours, it was the first time my 5th gen made that trip (comparing a 14 to a 19).

Weatherstripping is brand new (one side was done under warranty a while back) and when it’s windy out it doesn’t matter, the seals make noise. If you tuck the tips of your fingers between the door and frame you can feel a whole lot of flex, more than I would have expected. I’m sure some of that is designed to be there.

Anyway, on a more positive note I finally got over 12 mpg, when I saw the range I actually laughed out loud.
My 2019 had this issue and Tuesday driving down to Corpus Christi into a heavy north wind my 2020 started having the same wind noise.

DuaneMiller

Reaction score
Does this work for bugs too?
Another thing to use.... an "old camper/RV trick", is to use wet dryer sheets... Don't worry about using the expensive ones, the $ Store sheets work just as well. Just wet a couple of sheets, wring out the excess water and wipe away. Bug guts melt off like magic. Rinse with water. No effect on the finish or wax.

I use this method all the time on the front of my motorhome and windshield, especially after a Florida trip during love bug season... I have also used this on my personal vehicles as well....

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Another thing to use.... an "old camper/RV trick", is to use wet dryer sheets... Don't worry about using the expensive ones, the $ Store sheets work just as well. Just wet a couple of sheets, wring out the excess water and wipe away. Bug guts melt off like magic. Rinse with water. No effect on the finish or wax.

I use this method all the time on the front of my motorhome and windshield, especially after a Florida trip during love bug season... I have also used this on my personal vehicles as well....
I shall certainly give this a go!

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Finally got the new rear window replaced along with the new 3rd brake light (and resealed the shark fin) .. truck is all dry so I can put in the new carpets next week ..

New 3rd Brake light has thicket gasket + additional gasket attached.
New rear window has no vibrations during music playback (so that's a plus).
Now I need to recut my decals I had and put them on this weekend.

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Finally got the new rear window replaced along with the new 3rd brake light (and resealed the shark fin) .. truck is all dry so I can put in the new carpets next week ..

New 3rd Brake light has thicket gasket + additional gasket attached.
New rear window has no vibrations during music playback (so that's a plus).
Now I need to recut my decals I had and put them on this weekend.
I would make two suggestions here:

1. Don't be in a hurry to sort out your interior. I know it is not fun driving around without a complete set up, but the last thing you want is to have to rip out everything again.

Give the seals time to dry, cure, and shrink into their positions....maybe a couple weeks. After that.....

2. Fill multiple buckets of water, climb up into the bed of your truck, and drench the crap out of the cab! I mean....make it rainnnn! If you have a water hose, that's even better. Just run the water over the rear window and antenna area at decent pressure for an extended period.

If you're still dry after that, then you can recarpet with confidence.

Again....don't be in a rush!

My unsolicited 2cents. (y)

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
In retrospect it was a waste of time at 24,000 miles, but changed the rear differential oil.

Wanted to check the fill level and shavings if any. It was filled to the hole, no chunks of metal, and found the expected amount of metal mud on the magnet. Oil was slightly cloudy but nothing of concern.

Used a Lubelocker gasket, Amsoil Severe Gear 75w 140, and Mopar friction modifier. The manual states add "5 oz of friction modifier for limited slip" but does not state the diff capacity. Amsoil's website states the capacity is 5.7 pints (2 quarts 27 oz) . I don't know how much I drained (drip pan fell over with waste container onto garage floor:poop:). I put in the 5 oz of modifier first, and was able to fit in 2 quarts 11 oz of 75w 140 for a total of 2 quarts 16 oz.

Johnny32g

Reaction score
Got my Air Design spoiler paint matched. I like how it came out. Now. To lower the rear or not. I’ve always liked the stock rake

Attachments

• 98553AF8-3394-416E-BE5D-4BDB2C1D10E1.jpeg
    98553AF8-3394-416E-BE5D-4BDB2C1D10E1.jpeg
    223.9 KB · Views: 169
  • 750E2986-CAAB-44B9-A9DB-7550B4538099.jpeg
    750E2986-CAAB-44B9-A9DB-7550B4538099.jpeg
    252.3 KB · Views: 169

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
MOTOMOVR (license plate) moving some motorcycles around today:
eAtimA8.jpeg

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would make two suggestions here:

1. Don't be in a hurry to sort out your interior. I know it is not fun driving around without a complete set up, but the last thing you want is to have to rip out everything again.

Give the seals time to dry, cure, and shrink into their positions....maybe a couple weeks. After that.....

2. Fill multiple buckets of water, climb up into the bed of your truck, and drench the crap out of the cab! I mean....make it rainnnn! If you have a water hose, that's even better. Just run the water over the rear window and antenna area at decent pressure for an extended period.

If you're still dry after that, then you can recarpet with confidence.

Again....don't be in a rush!

My unsolicited 2cents. (y)
I work at the dealer, so no hurry here for the same reasons .. My carpet wont even be delivered until mid-end- of june, so that's why I'm happy to drive with the carpets out.

They have to pay me to install them anyways, so I'm happy to take photos for the Warranty Work :)

The shark fin was the biggest (newest) update to the bulletin, and I'm glad I checked it with the carpets out .. we take my rig to lunch since it has the most room over others' ..

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I work at the dealer, so no hurry here for the same reasons .. My carpet wont even be delivered until mid-end- of june, so that's why I'm happy to drive with the carpets out.

They have to pay me to install them anyways, so I'm happy to take photos for the Warranty Work :)

The shark fin was the biggest (newest) update to the bulletin, and I'm glad I checked it with the carpets out .. we take my rig to lunch since it has the most room over others' ..
Why do you need carpets when there’s spray in bedliner?

56 Pontiac

Reaction score
So today I go to the store and I hear rattling underneath my dash, I feel underneath and this thing flops out. I’m assuming GPS tracker from dealer/factory?
Spireon is for "Vehicle finance lenders, large multi-branch auto dealers" and it "provides reliable, real-time tracking devices that allow you to sell to more customers, maintain prompt payments, and quickly recover vehicles when needed."

Big Brother is Watching ...
YOU!

Dave

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Spireon is for "Vehicle finance lenders, large multi-branch auto dealers" and it "provides reliable, real-time tracking devices that allow you to sell to more customers, maintain prompt payments, and quickly recover vehicles when needed."

Big Brother is Watching ...
YOU!

Dave
Is that even legal? It being there without his knowledge?

(...and it doesn't have to be big brother. We don't know anything about his wife.😶‍🌫️)

Users who are viewing this thread