5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Gadgetech

Reaction score
Do you know if the bed extenders work on the MFT? Great looking truck BTW
I don’t have the MFT so I can’t say for sure.

Looks great! How do you like the Winstin Outlaws, especially the height of them?

I love the looks and they seem sturdy. I had a lifted Gladiator with Rock Rail steps before this and by comparison, this is really easy to get in and out of. When I test drove the truck, it had the MOPAR step rails and those offered a lower step up height. I told the dealer to keep the steps and give me the $1k off the truck because I knew there would be a better aftermarket solution.

Gitter

Reaction score
I finally got fed-up with the steering wheel volume controls. All my vehicles have had the volume controls on the left side and I have yet to get used to it on the right after a full year. So I figured out how to swap the rear steering wheel controls. Now I can change the volume using the left button and the channel/tuning with the right button!!! 😁

Let's just say, it was a little more involved than I thought it would, but now that I understand it better, it might not be so hard for others to do...as long as you don't mind popping out the airbag and removing the steering wheel trim:
20220115_130718.jpg

I made a thread here to post more pictures along with the steps I went through:
https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/swapping-volume-tuning-buttons-on-steering-wheel.38233/

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I finally got fed-up with the steering wheel volume controls. All my vehicles have had the volume controls on the left side and I have yet to get used to it on the right after a full year. So I figured out how to swap the rear steering wheel controls. Now I can change the volume using the left button and the channel/tuning with the right button!!! 😁

Let's just say, it was a little more involved than I thought it would, but now that I understand it better, it might not be so hard for others to do...as long as you don't mind popping out the airbag and removing the steering wheel trim:
View attachment 117321

https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/swapping-volume-tuning-buttons-on-steering-wheel.38233/
Nice. It drives me nuts that the volume is on the right. Who keeps their right hand on the steering wheel? Psychopaths, that’s who.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Nice. It drives me nuts that the volume is on the right. Who keeps their right hand on the steering wheel? Psychopaths, that’s who.

View attachment 117321

I don't think I've ever driven a vehicle with volume controls in the left. My Ram, my wife's 2020 Traverse, my 2002 Volvo S60, my 2017 Ram Promaster City work van all have volume in right hand side.

Gitter

Reaction score
Lol, no kidding. Plus the main volume knob is only about a foot away from your right hand, so it seemed redundant to have the volume button on the right side too.

Honestly, I still have a habit of leaving my right hand on the arm rest when I'm cruising now that I am not driving a stick shift.

4MO

Reaction score
6ab4c93c7d1bfa2713b52a2f0000c79e.jpg

bed6f0ae101cb9b3a3ddfb84958fa432.jpg

Tested out the new Kayak rack today and took advantage of a rare dry January day in the Northwest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gitter

Reaction score
I don't think I've ever driven a vehicle with volume controls in the left. My Ram, my wife's 2020 Traverse, my 2002 Volvo S60, my 2017 Ram Promaster City work van all have volume in right hand side .

Tested out the new Kayak rack today and took advantage of a rare dry January day in the Northwest

That's a nice rack! 😁 What brand is it? Does it work nicely with the tonneau?

4MO

Reaction score
That's a nice rack! What brand is it? Does it work nicely with the tonneau?

It is an Adarac contour rack. The reason I purchased it is that it works with any tonneau that mounts inside the bed rails and also unbolts fairly quickly if you want to take it off.

Gitter

Reaction score
I don't think I've ever driven a vehicle with volume controls in the left. My Ram, my wife's 2020 Traverse, my 2002 Volvo S60, my 2017 Ram Promaster City work van all have volume in right hand side.
It wouldn't surprise me if all FCA/Stellanis vehicles put the volume on the right. A Chrysler I had for a bit had the same buttons as Ram.

My experience with cars has been I have driven include Mazda, Toyota/Lexus, Subaru, Nissan/Infiniti, BMW, VW, Kia, Hyundai, & Honda/Acura. They were all on the left. Heck, it seems all Japanese and Korean cars have the volume on the left now that I think of it.

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t have the MFT so I can’t say for sure.

I love the looks and they seem sturdy. I had a lifted Gladiator with Rock Rail steps before this and by comparison, this is really easy to get in and out of. When I test drove the truck, it had the MOPAR step rails and those offered a lower step up height. I told the dealer to keep the steps and give me the $1k off the truck because I knew there would be a better aftermarket solution.

I was actually wondering the same about the bed extender parts as my truck has the ram boxes and the multigate. I already bought the extender parts tho, haha so I’ll let eryone know when it gets here if/how they work. I hope they do, or there’ll be some parts up for sale.

Moosefire66

Reaction score

Wow... this is what the "water" looks like in Michigan right now... Hard to imagine anything not frozen
6704eed615b5522864b7de033b6bf358.jpg

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score

View attachment 117321

I would be the guy that would deploy the airbag!
Some things I know better than to touch! LOL

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Bilstein 5100’s all around, MotoFab 1in rear spacers, ReadyLift upper control arms, 20x9 XD Hoss II 0 offset, KO2 35x12.5x20 all installed. Drives great and love the stance.
I’m into concave wheels right now, but if I went for a less aggressive wheel, I’d absolutely do what you did. That looks incredible 👍

Users who are viewing this thread