5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Frank524

Reaction score
Is that the unit that plugs directly into the PCM? What are your thoughts on that?

What audio system do you have? Stock, Alpine or the HK?
Yes it plugs into the current engine computer and was a breeze to install, took me longer to find my 10mm socket than it did to install. Programming the instrument cluster was easy following the directions. Setting tire size and axle ratio was a bit tricky, you have to press down on the accelerator and the harder you press the bigger number you get so it took a little finess. As for how it works I was quite impressed. Put it in performance mode and pulled out of the driveway as I normally do and the tires broke loose and it really caught me off guard so of course I left it in performance mode all evening and got on it all around town and hopefully got it out of my system because I know it’s not helping gas mileage. I don’t know about HP or torque gains but throttle response is the biggest think I noticed.

I have the stock 6 speaker stereo system.

BeauxXL1200

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Busy day and weekend with three new mods. Sitting at the tint shop now for tint on the two front windows. Llumar FormulaOne Pinnacle 30%.

Being delivered today:

Lock’er Down console safe and BedRug XLT bed mat and attached tailegate mat.

Cheers!

Rob3989

Reaction score
Stereo build begins. Fiberglassing some pods and sub enclosure today. The guy in the pic is Travis owner of Sound N Logic in Rice Lake Wi. Guy does awesome work

Attachments

• 4D71712E-361C-4AB4-B5F3-8C7947C1C0D1.jpeg
    4D71712E-361C-4AB4-B5F3-8C7947C1C0D1.jpeg
    115.9 KB · Views: 207
  • 65115227-D74A-4C00-81A2-D44408881729.jpeg
    65115227-D74A-4C00-81A2-D44408881729.jpeg
    89.9 KB · Views: 208

EMS_Pilot_66

Reaction score
Received my led lights today for 3rd brake/cargo lights. Just need a warmer/dry day to install o_O:(

Waiting on AVS Aeroskin 2 to arrive. Anyone ever paint their bug deflector to color match(or as close to as possible) their vehicle? Any advice for a diy’er?

Last edited:

RAMRhode

Reaction score
Received my led lights today for 3rd brake/cargo lights. Just need a warmer/dry day to install o_O:(

Waiting on AVS Aeroskin 2 to arrive. Anyone ever paint their bug deflector to color match(or as close to as possible) their vehicle? Any advice for a diy’er?
If it is a clear deflector, paint the back side of it. Add a clear coat after paint cures. When spraying, spray in long sweeping sprays starting before the end of the deflector and continue past the other end. Keep the spray nozzle about 12” away and parallel to the deflector. Don’t shoot for full coverage in one shot. In fact, I might do a one prime spray to give the paint something to stick to, let that dry and then continue. If the deflector is plastic wrapped, expose only the back, leaving the wrap intact on the front edge and face. If not use blue tape on the front edges. Don’t wait for the paint to dry before removing, otherwise you may chip the edge of the paint line.
If the deflector is not clear, paint the front side and either have it wrapped in PPF or have it ceramic coated or both.
Show some pics when done!

Last edited:

SB89

Reaction score
Installed switchback LED turn signals on the headlights. Looks great!

Daniel

Reaction score
Just installed U-Guard ST-3324 side steps on my Big Horn quad cab with perfect fit

Attachments

• U-Guard 1.jpg
    U-Guard 1.jpg
    179.2 KB · Views: 179
  • U-Guard 2.jpg
    U-Guard 2.jpg
    235.8 KB · Views: 182

Rebel03

Reaction score

I painted an aeroskin 2 hood deflector and custom garage made grill for my previous EcoBoost. Make sure you clean it we'll, degreaser, the. Windex then rubbing alcohol. Don't skimp on clean rags. I used an adhesion promotor. It's like primer but more agressive for plastic. Then I put some automotive black paint on it, 3 light coats. Then 3 light coats of auto clear. Held up very well for the two year I had it. Michigan Winters and all. No signs of wear. I also did it in temperature controlled garage and had it positioned above a heater so I could "bake" each coat in. Take your time, prep is 90% of a good paint jo

Ford pics for reference....I'm all Ram now!
IMG_20170106_223414540.jpg
IMG_20170107_154302296.jpg

EMS_Pilot_66

Reaction score
If it is a clear deflector, paint the back side of it. Add a clear coat after paint cures. When spraying, spray in long sweeping sprays starting before the end of the deflector and continue past the other end. Keep the spray nozzle about 12” away and parallel to the deflector. Don’t shoot for full coverage in one shot. In fact, I might do a one prime spray to give the paint something to stick to, let that dry and then continue. If the deflector is plastic wrapped, expose only the back, leaving the wrap intact on the front edge and face. If not use blue tape on the front edges. Don’t wait for the paint to dry before removing, otherwise you may chip the edge of the paint line.
If the deflector is not clear, paint the front side and either have it wrapped in PPF or have it ceramic coated or both.
Show some pics when done!

I painted an aeroskin 2 hood deflector and custom garage made grill for my previous EcoBoost. Make sure you clean it we'll, degreaser, the. Windex then rubbing alcohol. Don't skimp on clean rags. I used an adhesion promotor. It's like primer but more agressive for plastic. Then I put some automotive black paint on it, 3 light coats. Then 3 light coats of auto clear. Held up very well for the two year I had it. Michigan Winters and all. No signs of wear. I also did it in temperature controlled garage and had it positioned above a heater so I could "bake" each coat in. Take your time, prep is 90% of a good paint jo

Ford pics for reference....I'm all Ram now!
View attachment 18222
View attachment 18223

Thanks for both replies. It’ll be black plastic when it shows up. Planning on trying to get as close to billet silver as possible. I’m also looking at ceramic coating (again diy) before I install it so that the entire hood is protected also. Will post pics in the future once all is done. Being in Iowa it could be a month or so before all is done.

W13NY

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Installed the Husky Underseat Storage Box last night - quickest thing Ive done so far lol. Will try to get pics up later for the people that asked last week

W13NY

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Metra makes a wiring harness adapter available thru crutchfield but I just spliced them myself
Ordered the same dash speakers and harness adapter - everyone seems to rave about how much better it sounds with new dash speakers so I figured for under $40 why not

Users who are viewing this thread