5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What comes with the Ram Box Cargo Management System?

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I have an opportunity to pick up the 68027145AC. Dodge parts is telling me that the part went from AC to AD to the current AE. The part itself should be the same. There are many reasons why they changed the part number. Some are 1) the manufacturer changed or simply tracking of a product number. etc.

DDJR - few questions for you:
1) what model year ram do you own?
1) Did you end up getting the AC and did it work as intended?
2) Did you purchase the swivel (68054996aa) and grommet (68054997ab)? If so was the install straightforward?
The rambox bed divider from any DS model will fit any rambox DT model. I'm assuming there are different part numbers because there are slight differences in the dividers (such as number of horizontal bars), but those differences don't affect fit. The swivel and grommet are a simple install. Just remove the plastic pins and screw them in place. I suspect that eventually they will change the design, and will not provide the mounting options for the swivel and grommet, but for now they are still building them so that we can install them.

lasani1121

Reaction score
The rambox bed divider from any DS model will fit any rambox DT model. I'm assuming there are different part numbers because there are slight differences in the dividers (such as number of horizontal bars), but those differences don't affect fit. The swivel and grommet are a simple install. Just remove the plastic pins and screw them in place. I suspect that eventually they will change the design, and will not provide the mounting options for the swivel and grommet, but for now they are still building them so that we can install them.
Thank you for the response. I will go ahead and purchase the AC and supporting grommet and swivel. Some dealer sites show the parts as discontinued. I have a guy selling his AC at $300. I should be $400 to $425 all in with the swivel and lock. The one i am getting doesn't have a lock but it seems like a typical cylinder with a key.

djjr50

Reaction score
I have an opportunity to pick up the 68027145AC. Dodge parts is telling me that the part went from AC to AD to the current AE. The part itself should be the same. There are many reasons why they changed the part number. Some are 1) the manufacturer changed or simply tracking of a product number. etc.

DDJR - few questions for you:
1) what model year ram do you own? 2019
1) Did you end up getting the AC and did it work as intended? Yes
2) Did you purchase the swivel (68054996aa) and grommet (68054997ab)? If so was the install straightforward? Yes I purchased those two parts. Yes, install was straightforward except I had to go get a driver for the large Torx bolts they used. Just removed the plastic plug, inserted the proper part and tightened it down.
Answers in your quote.

lasani1121

Reaction score
I actually got lucky and found a buyer selling the AE for $120. I picked it up and ordered the swivels and grommets.

Last edited:

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Thank you for the response. I will go ahead and purchase the AC and supporting grommet and swivel. Some dealer sites show the parts as discontinued. I have a guy selling his AC at $300. I should be $400 to $425 all in with the swivel and lock. The one i am getting doesn't have a lock but it seems like a typical cylinder with a key.
You can buy the lock kit for the divider, and I recommend you do. It would be tempting for someone to help themselves to yours if it's not locked in place.
I had to buy a divider when I bought my truck because it didn't come with one. I also got the lock kit, and the dealer installed and keyed it to my truck key for free. But considering I paid over $900 for the divider, lock kit and swivels/grommets, it was the least they could do.

lasani1121

Reaction score
You can buy the lock kit for the divider, and I recommend you do. It would be tempting for someone to help themselves to yours if it's not locked in place.
I had to buy a divider when I bought my truck because it didn't come with one. I also got the lock kit, and the dealer installed and keyed it to my truck key for free. But considering I paid over $900 for the divider, lock kit and swivels/grommets, it was the least they could do.
Thank you. I can understand the concern of someone helping themselves to my divider. I was lucky enough to find an AE in new condition for $120. I recently moved to SoCal and for some reason everything here is expensive. I got a locksmith to remove the cylinder and rekey it to my RAM key and it cost me $115. All in all, I spent a total of $325 for my full setup. $120 for divider/extender, $115 rekey, $90 for swivels and grommets. I'm happy and no concern of someone walking off with my extender/divider.

Users who are viewing this thread