5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What color would you pick, if you could actually pick a color?

truckless

Reaction score
FIL had a '68 Coronet 500 in "Light Turquoise" (close to 11) that he factory ordered and paid cash for as a 21 year old. He had it until a few years before I came into the picture (2004) but he sold it to his cousin. Body and color just work.

That said, color depends on the vehicle.

Ninety-9 SE-L

Reaction score
My wife might disagree, but metallic brown looks great on a truck:
1649337075038.png
I'm also really happy with my Cayenne Red, which isn't quite a burgundy, but also not a "LOOK AT ME" Red:
1649337618102.png

MidnightExpre$$

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My wife might disagree, but metallic brown looks great on a truck:
View attachment 125577
I'm also really happy with my Cayenne Red, which isn't quite a burgundy, but also not a "LOOK AT ME" Red:
View attachment 125578
I loved the dark brown that ram had for a few years. The dealer had one on the lot with 12,000 miles on it with the tan leather interior. I was strongly considering it but decided to order a new one instead. Sounds like a dumb reason, but only ordered because the used one didn't have a 33 gallon tank.

MidnightExpre$$

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Kinda the same reason mine's on order. I wanted an EcoDiesel 4x2 with 33-gal. That's a tall order in the Used market.
I drive about 200 miles a day, I just wanted to eliminate a few trips to the gas station per month. Otherwise, that dark brown Limited was perfect.

mophead

Reaction score
FIL had a '68 Coronet 500 in "Light Turquoise" (close to 11) that he factory ordered and paid cash for as a 21 year old. He had it until a few years before I came into the picture (2004) but he sold it to his cousin. Body and color just work.

That said, color depends on the vehicle.
I'll go out on a limb here and say they may be damn close to the same color. That the difference could simply be metal flake. It's been a while since I looked at a 69 Coronet color chart (had one) . But I don't recall many being metal flake. Run of the mill cars just didn't. I'm thinking it's possible that 1970 and cars, like the Challenger was about the beginning of their common factory use outside of a limited number of colors. Someone will know...

Yep depends on car and lighting

truckless

Reaction score
I'll go out on a limb here and say they may be damn close to the same color. That the difference could simply be metal flake. It's been a while since I looked at a 69 Coronet color chart (had one) . But I don't recall many being metal flake. Run of the mill cars just didn't. I'm thinking it's possible that 1970 and cars, like the Challenger was about the beginning of their common factory use outside of a limited number of colors. Someone will know...

Yep depends on car and lighting

Yeah, I will have to check. He actually built a '33 Ford coupe and did it in the "same color"....but the 33 has metallic but I not sure about the Coronet tbh. Painted himself (used to be a body man). Built a booth in his garage and piece by piece..... Was funny seeing doors, trunk lid, hood, side panels, fenders, and running boards take over the living room after finishing each one.

Amazing how a car without orange peel just....pops. That said, like you mention lighting, went to Barrett Jackson and was blown away with how some of those cars actually look like absolute **** in person when they parked off-stage for up-close viewing. Then when watching the show when we get back home and they are on stage.....you would never guess they were the same car.

Ros

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
From that chart:

1. Ivy Green Metallic
2. Lime Green Metallic
3. Blue Fire Metallic

Of any color?

1. Audi Sonoma Green Metallic
2. Patriot Blue
3. Ford Dark Jade Metallic

mophead

Reaction score
1. Lime Green Metallic
2. Citron Mist Metallic
3. After that I am seriously conflicted. Bunch of great colors there.

Ctmaz68

Reaction score
A solid navy blue, like the code 904 blue Mercedes used in the 70's through 90's. I wish they had not discontinued the green. Burnt Orange, like on the old Mopars of the later 60's

mophead

Reaction score
Sum more

1650492782920.png

Why Is Dodge Killing Destroyer Gray?​

Attachments

• 1650492749986.png
    1650492749986.png
    431 KB · Views: 5

ManchuWarrior

Reaction score
The Built to Serve Navy edition came in Destroyer gray. Although Ram calls in Ceramic Gray. I got one of the 1000 they made. You can possibly find a used one
Wow learned something new. So that color is how my eyes view the silver in the builder website. When I went to build and order one the builder site showed that exact color, but when I checked out dealer inventory and YouTube videos it was clearly silver. Someone needs to update the builder site. I love that color it reminds me of the Lunar Rock on Tacomas.

puba08

Reaction score
Have a ceramic gray BTS, destroyer gray Durango and a Sting Gray Cherokee so I’m biased. But if I have to pick a color other than those it would be the olive green.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

mophead

Reaction score
Have a ceramic gray BTS, destroyer gray Durango and a Sting Gray Cherokee so I’m biased. But if I have to pick a color other than those it would be the olive green.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Bit of a Mopar head huh? :p

Users who are viewing this thread