5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

what are you going to do with your"Stimlius check"?

Rototerrier

Reaction score
Since I'm not getting a check but will be paying for everyone else's, I reserve my (personally granted) right to tell all of you how to use it. PLEASE SPEND IT!

But, if I were getting a check, I'd probably spend it on food and essentials. Not sure about rent and/or any other installment loans. But that's a tough call and everyone's circumstances differ. I just wouldn't spend it on anything I couldn't eat, drink or shoot.

dsn112

Reaction score
Since I'm not getting a check but will be paying for everyone else's, I reserve my (personally granted) right to tell all of you how to use it. PLEASE SPEND IT!

But, if I were getting a check, I'd probably spend it on food and essentials. Not sure about rent and/or any other installment loans. But that's a tough call and everyone's circumstances differ. I just wouldn't spend it on anything I couldn't eat, drink or shoot.

You're not really paying for everyone else. People are basically getting an advance on their 2020 refunds. Can't wait for people to complain at tax refund season next year that they aren't getting enough, like they even should be getting anything back...

Rototerrier

Reaction score
You're not really paying for everyone else. People are basically getting an advance on their 2020 refunds. Can't wait for people to complain at tax refund season next year that they aren't getting enough, like they even should be getting anything back...

Was a joke in case it wasn't obvious. I knew as soon as I submitted it that it was too serious, but took a gamble. Anywho, yea...agree with your tax comment. Paying sucks, but giving the government an interest free loan sucks even more.

jimk hunt

Reaction score
It has nothing to do with your refund for 2020 or 2019. This is in effect compensation from the government for forcing the shut down of many businesses, and to keep money moving in the economy. They want you to spend the money. Some will spend it on food and rent and those less affected will spend it on 'stuff' or save it. I didn't ask for the money but will take it. If you feel bad about getting a check, feel free to donate it to your local food pantry.

What I find truly ironic is that we will borrow 2 trillion dollars, mostly from the Chinese government to dig us out of a whole caused by a virus that originated in China. I have no knock on the people of China, only their government.

Smon

Reaction score
It has nothing to do with your refund for 2020 or 2019. This is in effect compensation from the government for forcing the shut down of many businesses, and to keep money moving in the economy. They want you to spend the money. Some will spend it on food and rent and those less affected will spend it on 'stuff' or save it. I didn't ask for the money but will take it. If you feel bad about getting a check, feel free to donate it to your local food pantry.

What I find truly ironic is that we will borrow 2 trillion dollars, mostly from the Chinese government to dig us out of a whole caused by a virus that originated in China. I have no knock on the people of China, only their government.

It is being called an advance of 2020 "refund". But that is misleading - It is an advance of a refundable credit for 2020 tax returns. That would be an additional $XXXX on top of your current refundable credits. That way it is a non-taxable payment to everybody. So while it is tied to that, it really means nothing (won't change your 2020 tax return ending figure).

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Not available in Canada :giggle: lucky I am a essential service(Fire Dept) so I still have my job.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It is being called an advance of 2020 "refund". But that is misleading - It is an advance of a refundable credit for 2020 tax returns. That would be an additional $XXXX on top of your current refundable credits. That way it is a non-taxable payment to everybody. So while it is tied to that, it really means nothing (won't change your 2020 tax return ending figure).

I would hope not especially since not everyone gets a refund some of us have to pay at tax time.

Last edited:

Smon

Reaction score
I would hope not especially since not everyone gets a refund some of us have to pay at tax time.

Doesn't matter if you owe or get a refund. It's still a "refundable credit". If you owe $20,000 next april - there will be a $1,200 (or whatever you get) refundable credit shown...but you got it 12 months early - so you still owe $20,000. Just keeping tabs on it and it's the best way to give out money tax free.

ramvt

Reaction score
Going to finally bite the bullet on this.
Doug's Headers electric cut-out.

Users who are viewing this thread