5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are these???

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Pick up my new limited on Friday and The truck is absolutely flawless perfect best writing vehicle I've ever had.and the interior and anemones are second to none. But I have two quick question.

Pic 1 & 2. What are these components in the plastic bag It almost looks like a fuse holder and some caps but not sure. They were in a plastic bag and in the back seat of the truck when I pick it up. It's a 2019 limited.

Pic 3 - Keys??
This probably goes out to people with ramboxes. Did you get two physical metal keys with your fobs as well? These two keys were in a little holder on the dash. The only place on the truck where there is a keyhole is to open the RAM boxes. It doesn't even lock them It just simply unlatches them with the key In place of pushing the button. There are no other door or ignition keys. They seem kind of pointless because you can just open the ram boxes with the push button and the only way to lock them is with the fob so what good are keys

Attachments

• MVIMG_20190329_162807.jpg
    MVIMG_20190329_162807.jpg
    292.2 KB · Views: 221
  • MVIMG_20190329_162735.jpg
    MVIMG_20190329_162735.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 217
  • IMG_20190331_185129.jpg
    IMG_20190331_185129.jpg
    235.4 KB · Views: 205

jimk hunt

Reaction score
Pick up my new limited on Friday and The truck is absolutely flawless perfect best writing vehicle I've ever had.and the interior and anemones are second to none. But I have two quick question.

Pic 1 & 2. What are these components in the plastic bag It almost looks like a fuse holder and some caps but not sure. They were in a plastic bag and in the back seat of the truck when I pick it up. It's a 2019 limited.

Pic 3 - Keys??
This probably goes out to people with ramboxes. Did you get two physical metal keys with your fobs as well? These two keys were in a little holder on the dash. The only place on the truck where there is a keyhole is to open the RAM boxes. It doesn't even lock them It just simply unlatches them with the key In place of pushing the button. There are no other door or ignition keys. They seem kind of pointless because you can just open the ram boxes with the push button and the only way to lock them is with the fob so what good are keys
Keys are for the Ramboxes in case of a dead battery. At least that's what the dealer guy told me. Also wondering what the bagged parts are.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score

Granite5thgen

Reaction score
I have the same bag of parts, and I too have no idea. Keeping them for a "just in case" scenario. Figure if my trucks running perfect then I wont worry about it, until I have a problem then I'll ask about the parts

Keemosabe

Reaction score
Perfect I thought it was the connectors and the key to the Flux Capacitor. My bad!
LOL. Glad you asked, I was wondering too, just put the stuff away. Yea, Maybe I better get those keys out since my jumper cables are in the RamBox! :LOL::ROFLMAO::rolleyes: Oh boy, that would be classic, dead battery, cables in the RamBox, and can’t open the box cause the battery is dead.

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
LOL. Glad you asked, I was wondering too, just put the stuff away. Yea, Maybe I better get those keys out since my jumper cables are in the RamBox! :LOL::ROFLMAO::rolleyes: Oh boy, that would be classic, dead battery, cables in the RamBox, and can’t open the box cause the battery is dead.
Never thought of that. I have a battery power pack to jump but mine is in the foot well storage. So I guess same issue there. Lol. Maybe put that key in a magnetic key box under the truck to get in the Ramboxes. I'll move mine there as well.

cjmst23

Reaction score
That key opens Truck Doors, Ramboxes and controls the lock on the RamBox bed divider.

Gen3CoupeTX

Reaction score
Glad you asked this ... The parts in the bag question. I had no idea, so I put the bag in one of the Ram bins. Now I know - Thanks!

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Site Supporter
Reaction score
How many languages would they have to print it in? They would have to make the label bigger, use more ink, etc. that might push the cost of the truck from $59,999.98 to $60k. :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online