5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are the current residual value %'s on new RAM leases?

U

User_3336

Read post #5 again.
Post #4, you mean . . . OP stated "My Rebel is $38k", referring to what his residual value was. But neither the original MSRP nor the residual %age was stated, so I am not sure what that statement told you about his lease terms (I doubt that you were looking for).

U

User_3336

Just to show you that residual value does vary by term and mileage, and of course, model trim, lets take an example from the edmunds page.... Two models, three different lease terms.

Money factor and residual value shown.

2023 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew 4x4
2023 Ram 1500 Longhorn Crew 4x4

Zip: 06437

Months and mileage
36/10
39/10
42/10

LARAMIE
.00094 and 55%
.00099 and 53%
.00096 and 52%

LONGHORN
.00168 and 51%
.00174 and 49%
.00172 and 48%

Does this representation more closely answer your questions? (Again, still within the 47-55% I originally responded with).

RAMBO X

Reaction score
Just to show you that residual value does vary by term and mileage, and of course, model trim, lets take an example from the edmunds page.... Two models, three different lease terms.

Money factor and residual value shown.

2023 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew 4x4
2023 Ram 1500 Longhorn Crew 4x4

Zip: 06437

Months and mileage
36/10
39/10
42/10

LARAMIE
.00094 and 55%
.00099 and 53%
.00096 and 52%

LONGHORN
.00168 and 51%
.00174 and 49%
.00172 and 48%

Does this representation more closely answer your questions? (Again, still within the 47-55% I originally responded with).
Honestly, this is really helpful actually. I also checked out the link you provided to the edmunds forum, and the majority if not all were above 50% which is great.

I was just putting the feelers out there over the weekend to see what info I could find, before I step into the dealership this week. This is great, I appreciate it and thank you.

U

User_3336

Honestly, this is really helpful actually. I also checked out the link you provided to the edmunds forum, and the majority if not all were above 50% which is great.

I was just putting the feelers out there over the weekend to see what info I could find, before I step into the dealership this week. This is great, I appreciate it and thank you.
So, can we kiss and make-up now? LOL

RAMBO X

Reaction score
How about you guys just make up, and skip the kissing part. Thanks in advance (y)
Big fan of the Tamiya Monster Beetle. My brother still has his from like 1989, and I still have my Blackfoot!

RedFred

Reaction score
Big fan of the Tamiya Monster Beetle. My brother still has his from like 1989, and I still have my Blackfoot!
I had the Blackfoot also as a kid. Loved that truck. These 3 are all the newer re-releases. There is just something about those old Tamiya RC trucks.
IMG_3246 2.JPG

Loudram

Reaction score
In case you want another reply my residual amount is 52% on the truck in my sig. It falls within the given range. It's a 42 month lease that at this point I plan on buying out at the end.

U

User_3336

You want to hear about a crazy residual value. The 22 and 23 Nissan Frontiers have held at a 98% residual on a 18 month / 15000 mile lease. When they first introduced this, you could lease a base SV for $190 a month (0 at signing). This would have been great for someone who was "on the fence" about buying one (try it out first, with no further commitment. Unfortunately, most Frontiers have sold at MSRP (since the 3rd gen).
So, I am not sure what Nissan was thinking on this move. Not sure who would buy at lease end NOW, because dealers are just now discounting them.

John89

Reaction score
I have a Laramie 4x4 level 1 equipment with 12” screen. Msrp was $67,365 and residual is $35030. 42 month lease. Residual Value is at 52%. From reading other peoples posts, it seems like this is standard.

FLiPMaRC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
See my sig below.
48/10k
MSRP $65,700
End of Lease $38,763

This is my first time leasing a vehicle. I have financed all my other vehicles. So I'm not sure if it's good or bad. 😅

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Mine is set at a 14% residual or $9700 on a 66K limited 60 month lease.
My intent was to buy but there was extra lease money available on a lease, another 3k credit off sales price so I did a lease with intent to buy at the end. I'll have to pay $9700 at lease end to buy out the lease. I over pay on the lease payment by $200 a month (lease account is setup at a credit union and I transfer from my bank to the CU monthly then make the payment) so I'll already have the residual in the credit union account upon lease ending.

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My intent was to buy but there was extra lease money available on a lease, another 3k credit off sales price so I did a lease with intent to buy at the end. I'll have to pay $9700 at lease end to buy out the lease. I over pay on the lease payment by $200 a month (lease account is setup at a credit union and I transfer from my bank to the CU monthly then make the payment) so I'll already have the residual in the credit union account upon lease ending.
I didn't realize you could lease that long and that much of the full value of the truck.

U

User_3336

i've NEVER heard of anyone entering into a 60 month lease! WHY?????????? There could not have been more rebates in a lease than there would have been in a buy with rebates. This scenario is highly unusual.

Lord, I ran those #'s thru a lease calculator, and even it was confused! LOL. Your lease payment must be at least $1,000 a month.

Last edited by a moderator:

RedFred

Reaction score
Like the others said, why didn't you just buy and finance the truck from the beginning? I have never leased a car or truck, so maybe I am missing something, but buying and financing sounds like it would have been the better option for you, imo.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I didn't realize you could lease that long and that much of the full value of the truck.

You can set the lease term as long as you want and set whatever residual you want above the min lease end value. In my case, the lease gave me a additional 3K off the purchase price and my payments are about $75 less than a 60 month purchase for the same purchase price vs buying plus the additional $3K savings. In the end, the lease will have saved me $3000 over buying which I was going to do anyway, I keep vehicles long past payoff, 10 years. I plan on keeping this truck about 3-4 years past payoff so the savings was a win for me

Users who are viewing this thread