5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What an Amazing Truck!

JustAnotherGuy

Reaction score
Wow. Man I love this truck.

First and foremost, let me repeat that I am not brand loyal. I'm not a "mopar guy", I'm not a "rolex guy", or anything of the sort. I like what I like. I've owned Mercedes, SRT, Jeeps, Fords, Cadillacs, Chevys, etc. I own Breitling, Rolex, Omega, etc. I wear adidas shoes, nike shoes, new balance shoes, etc. Like I said, zero brand loyalty.

With that said, after comparing the latest offering from Ford, Chevy/GMC, and Ram ( Toyota and Nissan don't count) I have to say Ram hit a home run. It's like they created the perfect truck. The only slight negative I can give is the 5.7 Hemi feels a little underpowered in this day and age. 450-500HP in top trim should be standard. The interior is amazing...so is the handling, braking, ride quality, fit and finish, ergonomics/layout, etc. etc. The Ford F150 Limited feels like a piece of **** inside. Terrible materials. It feels like a $40k MSRP truck inside to me. The new Chevy looks great on the outside, but they damn near didn't change anything on the inside. The new Denali and High Country don't have a pano roof, no adaptive cruise control, and a slew of other missing things. Now their interior isn't as bad as Ford, but it's pretty lousy. The new Ram is so far ahead of the competition it blows my mind anyone would buy anything else. The only explanation is blind brand loyalty.

I traded in a 2015 Chevy High Country 1500 and purchased the new truck last Wednesday. So far I've done a couple of things to it: Ceramic tint on all glass. Max legal in fronts (25%), 20% over factory tint in back, 80% windshield, and 30% pano roof tint. Then I added the new Aluminum Roll-n-Lock bed covers. Hands down best on the market IMO. Weathertech are on the way, I realize many of you don't like them but I've had them in all my vehicles and love them.

It's a 2019 Limited with a $69,175MSRP. It's only missing the E-torque and I despise stop-start so that worked out just fine. Max Steel with Indigo Frost interior.

28210 28211 28212 28213

silver64

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I feel much the same as you do. I too like what i like and have had many different brands in my 61 years. I have had a few recalls and couple minor issues but i echo your exact words. Why would anyone thats fair minded buy something else?

BeauxXL1200

Ram Guru
Reaction score

First and foremost, let me repeat that I am not brand loyal. I'm not a "mopar guy", I'm not a "rolex guy", or anything of the sort. I like what I like. I've owned Mercedes, SRT, Jeeps, Fords, Cadillacs, Chevys, etc. I own Breitling, Rolex, Omega, etc. I wear adidas shoes, nike shoes, new balance shoes, etc. Like I said, zero brand loyalty.

With that said, after comparing the latest offering from Ford, Chevy/GMC, and Ram ( Toyota and Nissan don't count) I have to say Ram hit a home run. It's like they created the perfect truck. The only slight negative I can give is the 5.7 Hemi feels a little underpowered in this day and age. 450-500HP in top trim should be standard. The interior is amazing...so is the handling, braking, ride quality, fit and finish, ergonomics/layout, etc. etc. The Ford F150 Limited feels like a piece of **** inside. Terrible materials. It feels like a $40k MSRP truck inside to me. The new Chevy looks great on the outside, but they **** near didn't change anything on the inside. The new Denali and High Country don't have a pano roof, no adaptive cruise control, and a slew of other missing things. Now their interior isn't as bad as Ford, but it's pretty lousy. The new Ram is so far ahead of the competition it blows my mind anyone would buy anything else. The only explanation is blind brand loyalty.

I traded in a 2015 Chevy High Country 1500 and purchased the new truck last Wednesday. So far I've done a couple of things to it: Ceramic tint on all glass. Max legal in fronts (25%), 20% over factory tint in back, 80% windshield, and 30% pano roof tint. Then I added the new Aluminum Roll-n-Lock bed covers. Hands down best on the market IMO. Weathertech are on the way, I realize many of you don't like them but I've had them in all my vehicles and love them.

It's a 2019 Limited with a $69,175MSRP. It's only missing the E-torque and I despise stop-start so that worked out just fine. Max Steel with Indigo Frost interior.

View attachment 28210 View attachment 28211 View attachment 28212 View attachment 28213
Congrats on the truck, JustAnotherGuy. I too am not brand loyal and I love my Longhorn. How's your AC performing? Quite a few of us have what we consider to be poorly performing ACs. There are several threads about the issue, along with a temporary fix to get the AC to blow colder by clamping off the "out" heater hose from the water pump to the heater core. Prior to clamping mine off, the driver;s side center vent would blow no colder than 53 degrees or so. After clamping the hose off, it now blows about 44 degrees which is a big improvement for me here in this Central Texas heat.

JustAnotherGuy

Reaction score
Congrats on the truck, JustAnotherGuy. I too am not brand loyal and I love my Longhorn. How's your AC performing? Quite a few of us have what we consider to be poorly performing ACs. There are several threads about the issue, along with a temporary fix to get the AC to blow colder by clamping off the "out" heater hose from the water pump to the heater core. Prior to clamping mine off, the driver;s side center vent would blow no colder than 53 degrees or so. After clamping the hose off, it now blows about 44 degrees which is a big improvement for me here in this Central Texas heat.

Thank you!

I live in Houston. The AC has performed great. Ice cold. I will definitely say putting ceramic tint on all glass helped significantly.

Rammit

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Beautiful truck. I completely agree. These trucks are way out in front of the competition. I rode in a friends F-150 the other day and couldn’t believe how it rode compared to mine. Felt like a 10 year old truck.

Cravenschild

Reaction score
Thank you!

I live in Houston. The AC has performed great. Ice cold. I will definitely say putting ceramic tint on all glass helped significantly.

Yea I was having the same thoughts about the A/C not being as cold as I was used to until I got the Ceramic tint on everything other than the pano. After the ceramic tint, the A/C freezes me out and I have to turn it down. I live in GA which at times reminds me a lot of all my time in Texas when it comes to the heat and the weather.

JustAnotherGuy

Reaction score
Yea I was having the same thoughts about the A/C not being as cold as I was used to until I got the Ceramic tint on everything other than the pano. After the ceramic tint, the A/C freezes me out and I have to turn it down. I live in GA which at times reminds me a lot of all my time in Texas when it comes to the heat and the weather.

Do the pano! You won't regret it. Even with the shade closed it's a huge difference.

KcRay

Reaction score

With that said, after comparing the latest offering from Ford, Chevy/GMC, and Ram ( Toyota and Nissan don't count) I have to say Ram hit a home run. It's like they created the perfect truck. The only slight negative I can give is the 5.7 Hemi feels a little underpowered in this day and age. 450-500HP in top trim should be standard. The interior is amazing...so is the handling, braking, ride quality, fit and finish, ergonomics/layout, etc. etc. The Ford F150 Limited feels like a piece of **** inside. Terrible materials. It feels like a $40k MSRP truck inside to me. The new Chevy looks great on the outside, but they **** near didn't change anything on the inside. The new Denali and High Country don't have a pano roof, no adaptive cruise control, and a slew of other missing things. Now their interior isn't as bad as Ford, but it's pretty lousy. The new Ram is so far ahead of the competition it blows my mind anyone would buy anything else. The only explanation is blind brand loyalty.

View attachment 28210 View attachment 28211 View attachment 28212 View attachment 28213
They really are wonderful trucks, very nice write up.
People do come to car/ truck forums for reasons other than to complain.

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Congrats!

I'm trying to let my Durango R/T go for a new Laramie, so I hope I am doing the right thing LOL

Love the look of your rig, indeed!!!

Tim N

JustAnotherGuy

Reaction score
I considered it, but was told it wasn't advised and also didn't want to mess with the view. I just put the shade closed when I don't want the heat!
From what I read, there was a problem in the past with some brand pano roofs shattering after tinting. If I remember correctly it was only on tempered glass, not laminated. Supposedly it’s a non issue on the ram. I did 30% and it didn’t darken it much at all. I almost did 80% but the tint shop talked me out of it

Cravenschild

Reaction score
From what I read, there was a problem in the past with some brand pano roofs shattering after tinting. If I remember correctly it was only on tempered glass, not laminated. Supposedly it’s a non issue on the ram. I did 30% and it didn’t darken it much at all. I almost did 80% but the tint shop talked me out of it

I may look back into it later on down the road, but for now I would have to explain to my 4-year old daughter why I tinted "her" window as she calls it. She spends the drive looking at birds and planes.

db682

Reaction score
Beautiful truck man. I fully agree, I couldnt be happier with my truck as well. I definitely need look at tinting the pano and windshield. Its hot as balls here in Florida now and Summer hasnt even started. I so want a roll-n-lock too but have yet to actually talk to anybody who has one on a Ram with Ram Boxes. 28344

JustAnotherGuy

Reaction score
Beautiful truck man. I fully agree, I couldnt be happier with my truck as well. I definitely need look at tinting the pano and windshield. Its hot as balls here in Florida now and Summer hasnt even started. I so want a roll-n-lock too but have yet to actually talk to anybody who has one on a Ram with Ram Boxes. View attachment 28344
Great looking truck! I didn't even know you could get rollnlock with the ram box.

But yeah definitely look into the windshield and pano. It's noticeably more pleasant. Just make sure they do ceramic. I did 80% on the windshield (can't tell it's tinted) and 30% on the pano

Gen3CoupeTX

Reaction score
JAG, welcome! I enjoyed reading your post ... And nice ride! Now get your hair dryer out and remove that River Oaks advertisement from beneath the Limited badge on your tailgate ;-) I also live in Houston, have had my truck a few months. The AC seems plenty cold to me, but maybe that's because I'm comparing it to a Harley-Davidson and supercharged Dodge Viper. Enjoy the truck, Sir.

timmbos

Reaction score
Congrats! I have a Limited as well. The interior is absolutely the most luxurious in the current truck market. The exterior is nice change for Ram, but the interior is what sold me. I absolutely LOVE riding/driving this truck. They knocked it out of the park for 2019. I came from a Toyota so this is my first Ram. Zero regrets. Ford, GM and Toyota don't offer anything as nice as the 19' Limited. Toyota's design and tech is antiquated...and GM and Ford are just so cheap on the interior. My only gripe with my Limited is that the AC is not a cold as I would like it. Other than that I'm totally happy!!

JustAnotherGuy

Reaction score
JAG, welcome! I enjoyed reading your post ... And nice ride! Now get your hair dryer out and remove that River Oaks advertisement from beneath the Limited badge on your tailgate ;-) I also live in Houston, have had my truck a few months. The AC seems plenty cold to me, but maybe that's because I'm comparing it to a Harley-Davidson and supercharged Dodge Viper. Enjoy the truck, Sir.

I've been lazy and was going to let my detailer do it. I know I removed the "River Oaks" from my SRT Jeep when I had it, but I can't remember how I did it. It is bothering me though!

My dad had 2 Vipers when I was growing up. I remember he had the first silver GTS back in 1998, sent it to TNT motorsports and did a King Snake stroker package good for close to 800hp NA. Then he bought a red 2005 and sent it to RSI for a Twin Turbo package and a racing automatic transmission. That car was scary. I always remember the A/C being super cold in them though. I wouldn't mind picking up a Gen V GTS but they're too claustrophobic for me. Prefix was doing the Targa conversions but they no longer do them.

JustAnotherGuy

Reaction score
Congrats! I have a Limited as well. The interior is absolutely the most luxurious in the current truck market. The exterior is nice change for Ram, but the interior is what sold me. I absolutely LOVE riding/driving this truck. They knocked it out of the park for 2019. I came from a Toyota so this is my first Ram. Zero regrets. Ford, GM and Toyota don't offer anything as nice as the 19' Limited. Toyota's design and tech is antiquated...and GM and Ford are just so cheap on the interior. My only gripe with my Limited is that the AC is not a cold as I would like it. Other than that I'm totally happy!!

It amazes me how few people complain about the Ford and Chevy interiors. Ford's top trim (Limited) looks like it was built by Rubbermaid. Chevy's new truck has 97% the same interior as the old model.

Gen3CoupeTX

Reaction score
I've been lazy and was going to let my detailer do it. I know I removed the "River Oaks" from my SRT Jeep when I had it, but I can't remember how I did it. It is bothering me though!

My dad had 2 Vipers when I was growing up. I remember he had the first silver GTS back in 1998, sent it to TNT motorsports and did a King Snake stroker package good for close to 800hp NA. Then he bought a red 2005 and sent it to RSI for a Twin Turbo package and a racing automatic transmission. That car was scary. I always remember the A/C being super cold in them though. I wouldn't mind picking up a Gen V GTS but they're too claustrophobic for me. Prefix was doing the Targa conversions but they no longer do them.
Someone else who's been fortunate to own and be around some nice rides! I'm a Viper coupe guy myself, but it's the Gen 5 prices that keep me away. So a Gen 5 Ram will have to suffice. I grew up with GM, have had dozens of them. In my 40's, I started catching the Mopar bug. So I guess I'm not that brand loyal either. If it makes me smile, that's enough for me.

Users who are viewing this thread