5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What an Amazing Truck!

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Wow. Man I love this truck.

First and foremost, let me repeat that I am not brand loyal. I'm not a "mopar guy", I'm not a "rolex guy", or anything of the sort. I like what I like. I've owned Mercedes, SRT, Jeeps, Fords, Cadillacs, Chevys, etc. I own Breitling, Rolex, Omega, etc. I wear adidas shoes, nike shoes, new balance shoes, etc. Like I said, zero brand loyalty.

With that said, after comparing the latest offering from Ford, Chevy/GMC, and Ram ( Toyota and Nissan don't count) I have to say Ram hit a home run. It's like they created the perfect truck. The only slight negative I can give is the 5.7 Hemi feels a little underpowered in this day and age. 450-500HP in top trim should be standard. The interior is amazing...so is the handling, braking, ride quality, fit and finish, ergonomics/layout, etc. etc. The Ford F150 Limited feels like a piece of **** inside. Terrible materials. It feels like a $40k MSRP truck inside to me. The new Chevy looks great on the outside, but they damn near didn't change anything on the inside. The new Denali and High Country don't have a pano roof, no adaptive cruise control, and a slew of other missing things. Now their interior isn't as bad as Ford, but it's pretty lousy. The new Ram is so far ahead of the competition it blows my mind anyone would buy anything else. The only explanation is blind brand loyalty.

I traded in a 2015 Chevy High Country 1500 and purchased the new truck last Wednesday. So far I've done a couple of things to it: Ceramic tint on all glass. Max legal in fronts (25%), 20% over factory tint in back, 80% windshield, and 30% pano roof tint. Then I added the new Aluminum Roll-n-Lock bed covers. Hands down best on the market IMO. Weathertech are on the way, I realize many of you don't like them but I've had them in all my vehicles and love them.

It's a 2019 Limited with a $69,175MSRP. It's only missing the E-torque and I despise stop-start so that worked out just fine. Max Steel with Indigo Frost interior.

View attachment 28210 View attachment 28211 View attachment 28212 View attachment 28213
Congrats. Beautiful truck.

Cheers,

BeauxXL1200

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nice post op! I feel the same. I test drove GM, Ford and Toyota before deciding on another RAM. GM looks great on the outside but looks dated and "cheap" on the inside. Ford looks great outside also and I do like some of their unique options (I like the Ecoboost) but man... that inside. Toyota (Tacoma in my case) is nice... but for a 2019 to have no CarPlay and come with drum brakes on the rear still for base model?? WTF.
Plus 25% off on the new 1500 was a no-brainer for me.
Had to hunt around to find one with no sunroof (I despise them) but got one finally. I find the engine just fine with the proper gearing (3.92 wakes it up I find). No where near quick as my SRT but wasn't expecting it to be.
Love those roll-n-lock tonneaus also but they don't work well in the winter up here. Once they get some snow/ice on them they are closed for the winter.
If you want to wake it up even more, OttawaRAM, put a Pulsar on. I did so shortly after I bought the truck, and I can't leave Performance mode. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread